Y

Yuu05

Feb 5, 2023
Hey to whoever reads this.
I've been traumatized because of sa/r*pe when I was way too young but until a couple of years ago I was able to push it away just fine, I didnt even remember it. But now the trauma is there, my therapist doesnt know how to help me since anything he tries just either does nothinh or makes things worse and the flashbavks and everything related to it just keep getting worse every day. Does anyone here have similar issues and maybe knows of somezhing that could help I'm just desperate becazse nithing I ever try has worked so far.
Thabk you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope I wasnt too much of a bother.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, cgrtt.brns, givingup_hope and 3 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Consult a PTSD-certified therapist who specializes in SAT. "Talk therapy" is not the same as a PTSD treatment program.

During PTSD treatment, which will span 9 to 13 sessions, you will be limited to discussing one specific cause of your trauma. This is the distinction, as in talk therapy you are allowed to discuss anything and are free to switch topics during your session. Many people incorrectly assume that "talk therapy" failed because they used it to vent rather than develop strategies to help them manage their emotional reactions.

I hope you find a therapy that will help you heal, and I still recommend PTSD treatment. We can't erase what happened, but PTSD therapy can help you overcome your emotional response to the trauma.

Reactions: givingup_hope, The anhedonic one and Yuu05
Y

Yuu05

Feb 5, 2023
Consult a PTSD-certified therapist who specializes in SAT. "Talk therapy" is not the same as a PTSD treatment program.

During PTSD treatment, which will span 9 to 13 sessions, you will be limited to discussing one specific cause of your trauma. This is the distinction, as in talk therapy you are allowed to discuss anything and are free to switch topics during your session. Many people incorrectly assume that "talk therapy" failed because they used it to vent rather than develop strategies to help them manage their emotional reactions.

I hope you find a therapy that will help you heal, and I still recommend PTSD treatment. We can't erase what happened, but PTSD therapy can help you overcome your emotional response to the trauma.
Hey thank you so much for your response. I'll try looking into that therapy the problem just lays with my insurance here in germany because the company I'm insured with isn't very eager to pay for my therapy, it was really difficult to get their support even for normal therapy and I cant really afford therapy on my own...
My therapist did try like methods that are supposed to help with ptsd and flashbacks like biliteral stimulation and stuff like that but it just always either did nothing or make things worse and I dont know if the issue lies with me or if he just isnt the right therapist. Then again I did first get him to help with my depression which after nearly two years still isnt making any progress so yeah.
Sorry for rambling on but nevertheless thank you so much for your reply, I'll try to look into it further

• Hugs
Reactions: givingup_hope and Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Hey thank you so much for your response. I'll try looking into that therapy the problem just lays with my insurance here in germany because the company I'm insured with isn't very eager to pay for my therapy, it was really difficult to get their support even for normal therapy and I cant really afford therapy on my own...
My therapist did try like methods that are supposed to help with ptsd and flashbacks like biliteral stimulation and stuff like that but it just always either did nothing or make things worse and I dont know if the issue lies with me or if he just isnt the right therapist. Then again I did first get him to help with my depression which after nearly two years still isnt making any progress so yeah.
Sorry for rambling on but nevertheless thank you so much for your reply, I'll try to look into it further

You're not rambling. PTSD therapy program is intense, and I quit after four grueling sessions. As I previously stated, you are only permitted to discuss one traumatic event. Survivor's guilt caused my PTSD, and I couldn't talk about the deaths I witnessed. I felt like a traumatized zombie for days following my sessions, which I didn't enjoy. Even in my sleep, I started reliving these traumatic events.

My therapist is fantastic, but trauma is tough to work through. Now that you know how tough PTSD counseling is, try again with your present therapist. What you've gone through is very personal and agonizing, and PTSD therapy can make things worse before they improve.

You may have treatment-resistant depression like me. My doctor prescribed ketamine therapy. The effects of trauma are devastating, but I believe there is still a chance that you may find relief if you keep looking. As I continue to strive, you have my support and encouragement.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yuu05
Y

Yuu05

Feb 5, 2023
You're not rambling. PTSD therapy program is intense, and I quit after four grueling sessions. As I previously stated, you are only permitted to discuss one traumatic event. Survivor's guilt caused my PTSD, and I couldn't talk about the deaths I witnessed. I felt like a traumatized zombie for days following my sessions, which I didn't enjoy. Even in my sleep, I started reliving these traumatic events.

My therapist is fantastic, but trauma is tough to work through. Now that you know how tough PTSD counseling is, try again with your present therapist. What you've gone through is very personal and agonizing, and PTSD therapy can make things worse before they improve.

You may have treatment-resistant depression like me. My doctor prescribed ketamine therapy. The effects of trauma are devastating, but I believe there is still a chance that you may find relief if you keep looking. As I continue to strive, you have my support and encouragement.
yeah it is a really tough process :/
I've been clinging onto that small hope that it'll somehow get better sometime in the future but yeah havent really made any progress. I guess we're both on this forum so that speaks for itself probably... Still thank you so much for your support and advice I'll try talking about it with my therapist again when I next see him

• Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy