KikoKiki

KikoKiki

Rismycarrotfriend
Nov 12, 2023
today was my partners birthday and i honestly wasnt aware what day it was although i know when their birthday is. i feel completely shitty and broke things off. hes been talking to this girl who he knows likes him and he always compares me to her and i honestly feel like if i left and they started dating they would be so much happier. i dont think hed even try to fight for us to stay together because i know hes tired of me. i apologized to him and let him know i do know his birthday but i didnt know what day it is. ive been really depressed lately and things have been so pushed together and blurry i genuinely didnt know what day it was. i ended things with him and blocked him on everything before he could even say anything. ive been thinking about ending it or at least relapsing lately and really that seems like the best option. im so exhausted and i dont know if ill be able to keep up anymore. i just want whatever this is to end once and for all.

• Hugs
Reactions: iusedtobehappy
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
today was my partners birthday and i honestly wasnt aware what day it was although i know when their birthday is. i feel completely shitty and broke things off. hes been talking to this girl who he knows likes him and he always compares me to her and i honestly feel like if i left and they started dating they would be so much happier. i dont think hed even try to fight for us to stay together because i know hes tired of me. i apologized to him and let him know i do know his birthday but i didnt know what day it is. ive been really depressed lately and things have been so pushed together and blurry i genuinely didnt know what day it was. i ended things with him and blocked him on everything before he could even say anything. ive been thinking about ending it or at least relapsing lately and really that seems like the best option. im so exhausted and i dont know if ill be able to keep up anymore. i just want whatever this is to end once and for all.
Awww don't be so hard on yourself. You can always unblock him if you want to and if you feel like it, make it up to him, take him to dinner, of course sex which doubles as the way to blow the other girl out of the mix. Up to you of course, but don't beat yourself up for forgetting a birthday.

Reactions: KikoKiki
KikoKiki

KikoKiki

Rismycarrotfriend
Nov 12, 2023
Awww don't be so hard on yourself. You can always unblock him if you want to and if you feel like it, make it up to him, take him to dinner, of course sex which doubles as the way to blow the other girl out of the mix. Up to you of course, but don't beat yourself up for forgetting a birthday.
Thank you a lot for the advice we talked it out and im planning on doing something for him soon to make it up for him.

• Hugs
Reactions: iusedtobehappy
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Thank you a lot for the advice we talked it out and im planning on doing something for him soon to make it up for him.
I hope things work out for you. It is good you are planning to be better for him and make it up to him, but relationships should be a two way street. You should tell him to stop doing the things he does that upset you. Sorry as someone who grew up being compared and belittled this is a bit triggering.

KikoKiki

KikoKiki

Rismycarrotfriend
Nov 12, 2023
I hope things work out for you. It is good you are planning to be better for him and make it up to him, but relationships should be a two way street. You should tell him to stop doing the things he does that upset you. Sorry as someone who grew up being compared and belittled this is a bit triggering.
ive tried this and in the past hes made the situation my fault basically saying that if he does something its because of me or i dont do enough.

• Aww..
Reactions: rozeske
T

textmewhenyourehome

Dec 31, 2023
ive tried this and in the past hes made the situation my fault basically saying that if he does something its because of me or i dont do enough.
Only we are responsible for our own actions. If he does something, HE made the choice to do it. You're not responsible for what he does. Whenever I react badly to someone irritating me, I apologise after. Yes, maybe they were irritating me at the time, but how I reacted is on ME. Honestly, I wish you the best but I've been in a relationship like that before and it only made my mental health so much worse. Just remember that you deserve to be heard, respected and loved.

• Love