N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I'm from Indonesia. It's been quite a long while since the last time I've visited this SS forum. I even found your post thanks to my friend whom kinda told me to look up/search for "fantasy world" in the Search bar.

I just want to say that I can deeply relate with everything you've said. In fact, to be honest, I'm very surprised to (finally) find someone else who have same/very similar thoughts & feelings exactly 100% like I've ever had all these times. I thought I'm the only one who's crazy/insane for thinking all these stuff.

Reality / real life / real world is very limiting, boring/mundane, random, stupid/ridiculous, shitty, & depressing. Here in the real-world / real-life / reality, most people just basically only live in survival mode, which is in today's capitalism era (mostly), it means to just only think about how to make money, usually from work, jobs, careers, or business. That's it. Everyday (except weekend perhaps) we are forced/pressured to go to work, in order to get money, so we can buy some food to survive, etc etc. And then there are also repetitive chores, routines, mundane tasks & responsibilities we have to do. I mean, what's so damn interesting about all of that? Nothing, at least in my eyes (well, unless if you're among some lucky/fortunate people who love what they do for a living/work/job etc etc).

And then, in reality, most of us also have to (constantly) deal with many other problems, for example: illness/sickness, disease, pain, health problems (which sucks the most, arguably), and then there's people problems in all kind of many different forms (which only gives us headache constantly everyday), from family problems, relationship problems, friendship problems. Or, you're just alone/lonely by yourself, dealing with loneliness problem, which is also depressing.
Real life also have so many mundane, stupid, small, petty, & insignificant sh*tty problems that we are forced/pressured again to face or deal with it almost everyday. It's frustrating & depressing. It's stupid shits, nonsense, & BS. But that's reality.

In real life, we also have to deal with so many disappointments, mistakes, consequences (even the fatal ones from a seemingly simple mistake), regrets, wrong choices/decisions that could ruin/destroy our lives, etc etc etc.

I wish I could live inside movies, video games, novels, anime/manga, comic books, basically any & all those amazing works of Art, that opens up our imaginations to the unlimited possibilities. Unlike here in this real world / real life / reality, life is VERY limited in what we can do / be ( in fact, most of the time, what we can't do / be ).

I've had what's called the existential depression for a long time (which personally I think is far worse than just a mere temporary existential crisis), mostly because of this "reality .vs. imagination" problem too. It's really sad, frustrating, stupid/ridiculous, ironic, tragic, & depressing, that we probably will never be able to live up to our wildest imaginations / dreams / fantasy.

"I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in human evolution" - Rust Cohle (from "True Detective" series)

Thank you very much for this post. Finally, someone else whom I can deeply relate with.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Illidan77, sorrowful, floralheaddress and 1 other person
nance

nance

Feb 23, 2023
I don't like real world either. Wish i could transmigrate like they do in comics. Or someone just take over my body. I want to close my eyes and not think. Ever.

• Hugs
Reactions: sorrowful