• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
The woman I was interested in has a bf so there is no reason not to drop the nuke. I considered to open up about suicidality earlier but stopped myself not to scare people. I was recently very suicidal and bought SN. Some days ago I considered to kill myself on Sunday. My friends turned very anxious and intervened. I accept that. The support helped me to live through this crisis. And I am glad that they would never tell my parents that I have acquired SN. But I think if I really wanted to I could still kill myself.

They want that I tell more people about my suicidality. Also my therapists. I explained the therapists a lot but I never remind them of my suicidality so they forget it pretty quickly afterwards. I am pretty good at walking the fine line. There was only one time they forced me (to stay) in a clinic. After I admitted I tried partial and I already expected that they would not let me walk outside of the clinic as a free man after my confession. Many people here in this forum have a wrong notion on this issue. Some really think admitting suicidality would lead in most cases to a involuntary clinic stay. Some people on here told such stories. For me they are far away from the reality. So many people have suicidal thoughts they could never lock them all away. That's very unrealistic. As long as they believe you that you are not acute suicidal they can't do anything. However I never attempted and never explicitly lied to them about my suicidality (with a proof for them) I think I lied a couple of times when needed however I did not break a compliance contract not to attempt for example. Maybe if there are such trust issues they are more strict on this issue I don't know.

The self-help group is okay. There is no therapist only college students. Sometimes people talked about suicidality but rather mild compared to my suicidality. I have the irrational desire for the following. Some of them probably consider myself to be a loser. I suck at finding a gf, my progress at college is a joke and I suffer like a dog. I have the inner wish to show them that I am self aware of it and ready to draw the consequences. That I am ready to kill myself for being such a loser. This might be irrational because these people don't care about me at all. They would not waste their time thinking of me as a loser for too long. And some people (not me) consider suicidality loser like. So my action won't make much sense.

I talked about some of my issues in this group. Barely mentioning my suicidality which is a big part of my daily life feels dishonest. I am not sure which version of the story I will tell them. I might tell them more than my therapists. I might tell them (the group members) the following: I have ordered a lethal chemical on the internet. But my friends pressured me to give it to them. And I pretend that I did that. (I still own it in my apartment). But before I tell that story I ask them whether they have a policy on suicidality whether for example acute suicidality has to be reported to the university. I doubt that. But if yes I won't tell this story. I consider the likelihood that this behavior gets reported as very low. I will tell my psychiatrist a light version of this story. I considered to order a lethal substance online but my friends stopped me. I need a reason that they allow me to go to another clinic.

Today I have made huge progress in my paper for college. And I finally read some stories of David Foster Wallace. Many people here in this forum will consider my plan to be insane. Depending on the mood and atmosphere I might adapt my plan. I don't have much to lose anyway. I could for example tell them if the atmosphere gets really bad that I will tell this story very soon to my psychiatrist anyway. I will leave enough wiggle room to get away with it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I admire you how much efforts you put into this to go on, despite your MH issues and all that. You're not a loser at all, finding a gf isn't easy and failing uni is also not dramatic. I failed uni but I wouldn't say I'm a loser bc of this.

I wish you good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Love
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
One person vetoed not to speak about suicidality. So I will have no practice for the appointment with my psychiatrist this week.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It went way better than expected. There was no offensive remark but still here and there some annoying suggestions. Overall a pretty good experience. However, I already have a lot of experience with opening up about that. First, I gave them instructions which input is welcome. A lecture on some do's and don't's when you talk with someone with suicidality.

I was pretty explicit about killing myself. I admitted a lot, almost everything changed some details. But no one threatened me to call my psychiatrist or the police. The people in this forum are (in my opinion based on my experience) too paranoid about that. The only thing I would have liked to talk about was this "suicide website I regurlarly visit". Where I am a respectable member. I kept quiet about that did not mention anything. The people were already pretty overwhelmed. And we ran out of time. I had the feeling it was not good for the mental health for some of the others.

The biggest threat of being called attention seeker was pretty well prevented by myself. But I don't want to get into the details risking being doxxsed even more.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
To be honest my experiences of opening myself about suicidality seem to be kind of diametrical to many people here in this forum. I also have made bad experiences but I have the feeling I am good at navigating through such situation by training it.

Here in this forum there are people so scared to get sectioned when they admit suicidality. I told these people in that group that I already ordered a lethal substance to kill myself. For my own security I pretended to have handed it over to someone else. But I think even if I did not lie nothing would have happened. There was no professional there anyway.

One of my college friend reacted so fucking stupid when I admitted I have suicidal thoughts. But I also told him that to his face that his behavior is very awkward and not appropriate.

I can only recommend to give instructions which answers are perceived as helpful if you open up about your suicidality to someone else.

I am not sure whether I just have luck. I also opened up in my old self-help group. The people were older and most of them gave very stupid recommendations. Except the one guy who also plans to kill himself. I could relate so much to him.