N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I wish darkrange55 was still here to help me. I liked this thread.

I want to invest 5000 Euros and 150 Euros monthly. (roughly 1/3 of my savvings). I got some nursing care money (because someone in this forum gave me the hint) I get roundabout 350 Euros monthly and I don't need the money for consumption. My dad thought ETFs might be a good choice. I read some articles thus far. I could invest more money. My dream would be to buy me a small apartment with this money in 20 years. Maybe I only need a portion of this money from my ETF investment.

And I think I will go save with a highly diversified ETF. Either a vanguard ETF or MSCI world. I want to re-invest the accumulated interest. And it should be a passive ETF with less fees.

I read online broker have less fees. However, I am a complete layman and it is way too risky for me making these transactions. I will go to my bank. I was there once and they wanted to sell me dog shit which would have ruined me. Gladly, I saw through it.

This time I will read some articles before I go there. I want an ETF saving plan. And one where the bank does not get a bonus. I will let them give me the contract and information to think it through. They are pretty skilled at selling shit.

I think it is risky because I am a noob. But it is probably better invested than keeping it on my bank account.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well you'd be buying at a market top in all likelihood. That's okay if you're in it for the long haul, but if you want to see quick returns, you might be disappointed.

In America we have something called an IRA, which is a retirement-based, diversified basket of stocks that you can buy for a maximum of $7000 per year. That's what I do and it's generally safe because at an average gain of 8% per year you can pretty much set it and forget it. There's also a penalty to withdraw early (before age 59.5), so it keeps most people on the right path over years and even decades.

I don't know if Europe has some equivalent, but I would say first try to gauge what your goals are, and go from there. Think about timeframes, specifically when you want to be able to cash the money out, and how long you're able to let that money compound on itself. Factor taxes in too of course.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Well you'd be buying at a market top in all likelihood. That's okay if you're in it for the long haul, but if you want to see quick returns, you might be disappointed.

In America we have something called an IRA, which is a retirement-based, diversified basket of stocks that you can buy for a maximum of $7000 per year. That's what I do and it's generally safe because at an average gain of 8% per year you can pretty much set it and forget it. There's also a penalty to withdraw early (before age 59.5), so it keeps most people on the right path over years and even decades.

I don't know if Europe has some equivalent, but I would say first try to gauge what your goals are, and go from there. Think about timeframes, specifically when you want to be able to cash the money out, and how long you're able to let that money compound on itself. Factor taxes in too of course.
Thanks a lot. I would be open for more helpful replies like this one from others.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up