• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
we, humans, and the microorganisms are equally insignificant to the universe. We don't care about microorganisms the way the universe doesn't care about us and this is bothering me a lot. humans are existing on this huge rock and we individually have a life, we suffer a lot in our own ways, and we also feel happiness along with pain and agony but the microorganisms don't have to deal with it but the sad thing is we are equally insignificant to the universe.

Anything that we enjoy or like doing i.e. playing a particular sport or improving a certain skill seems so insignificant that it's not worth doing. Why improve at something when ultimately it means nothing, in the greater scheme of things

human beings just lead boring, insignificant lives so they make up stories to feel like they're a part of something bigger

we're just insignificant speck of dust in the universe

Because in the grand scheme of things, nothing matters. Everything that we do, all that we do, just seems so minuscule & insignificant, when seen from the bigger picture of everything.

Everyday people are so busy doing this & that, but I often think: what's the point? What's the meaning or purpose in doing anything at all? We all don't matter anyway, because we're just like dust in the wind.

Even if a lot of people will immediately say that the "meaning of life" is simply just to "enjoy life" or "to be happy" (until we die), etc etc etc, yet I still feel it's all just a cope (or coping mechanisms) we as human beings are trying to rationalize just to give some kind of 'meaning' or 'purpose', or 'hope', where probably there is really none at all (again, in the grand scheme of things). Everything we do still means nothing at all, because we're all still just an insignificant speck of dust in the universe. It all means nothing.

On a universal scale, none of it means ANYTHING. So yes, our lives, and in fact, the lives of our entire species mean absolutely nothing.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree. None of what we do even matters in the long run as it will just all fade away regardless of what we do. It's all meaningless. I'd say that the closest thing human beings have to a purpose is to propagate the species even further which is honestly a sad and selfish purpose to have

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
By meaning, what are u looking For?
create something from nothing so as to never run out of resources

unlimited computing power so I can simulate my own universe and other forms of life

being a machine that can keep itself 100 percent functional and not affected by decay or breakdown injury or sickness

having all the knowledge of how atoms and the universe work built directly into my mind
being able to see and manipulate individual atoms with my eyes and fingertips

never needing to sleep eat drink pee shit dream unlimited energy source

having all the mathematical formulas built directly into my mind

being able to read and write machine code in real-time and fully comprehend what is happening

being able to simulate things directly in my mind via mathematical models ie programming

have complete control over my emotions and not be at the mercy of them

being able to re-engineer the machine that i am

basically become a god with the power to create life and destroy life

Reactions: sserafim
J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
I feel so validated reading what I really feel.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
It seems that man is a meaningless creature like the rest of evolution. Everyting is time-limited. However, there may be some meaning of life to its creator if there is a creator.

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's definitely a coping mechanism. It just works better for some than others. I'd say some people do genuinely enjoy what they do and feel a sense of purpose from it. I get the sense you experienced a sense of that when you were able to do your computer programming? The sad thing is how easily these things can be taken away from us.

Most people just don't have the time to be able to contemplate this all the time I suppose. If they don't work, they don't eat and, they don't want to be hungry. So, I think a lot of people simply put up with bad things to stop worse things happening!

Plus, we're stuck here for now. Unless we feel confident in our means of escape and have obtained one, I guess for some, it really is a choice to some degree. We may feel like nihilistic ideas make the most sense but- what benefit do we get from them? I suppose we can rebel, which can be kind of nice. I prefer my more relaxed mindframe that I'm simply not willing to comply with a bunch of what society expects of me. But, even that has limits. I don't want to be homeless, so I need to support myself.

But, I suppose a lot of people want to get through in the most painless way possible- if pain isn't going to bring them any benefits. I get the impression 'normies' like my Dad get pissed off when I focus on negative things all the time because, he does see it as a choice and one that's only going to make me more unhappy and frustrated. Maybe people focus on positive delusions because it makes their lives easier.

My life isn't as pressured as someone with a family and who works. But still, it's not easy doing a job with all these thoughts running through your head. All this anger at how shit it all is is exhausting. I guess people recognise they can't function like that and if they have to function in order to support themselves, I suppose they have to go along with all the bullshit... and pop pills and whatever else. It's such a shitty state of affairs though- I agree.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
in my opinion, i prefer and like the idea that we all mean absolutely nothing and that we are fine dusk. Life is just an experience, a hellish one for some of us, a good one for others. Its not that deep. We dont need to be important to no universe or have something bigger to exist. We just exist and thats it. Some are luckier some of us are very unlucky as simple as it gets