sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
I keep thinking about things, and it always gets horrible at a specific time in the night. I fell asleep at 10:30-11:00 which is usually normal for me, but I always wake up at 3. When I wake up at 3, I can't fall back asleep, and my mind just races. My mind just gives me even more of a reason to hate myself and gives me even more of a reason to CTB. The only way to drown out my thoughts is to put on a YouTube video, but that also only works somewhat. I just want to be happy so that way these thoughts that appear at 3 am stop.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog, Praestat_Mori, Tionally and 9 others
Departme

Departme

Mar 23, 2023
My thoughts go to you, I know how you feel as this is exactly how I was a few months ago, waking without fail at 2/3am then unable to get back to sleep with my mind racing thinking about problems in life, only negative outcomes then just repeating. Sadly this then becomes routine as your brain gets used to the cycle so it repeats like the gift that does not stop giving! I've always slept quite well in life so it was not helping my current situation one bit. I tried researching solutions and it is quite a common problem people face when the mind is stressed. One thing to say is watching your phone or TV will keep your mind in an alert state due to blue light these devices omit which make the brain think of daylight / wake up etc so perhaps reading a book would be better for you if you wake up early. I also bought something called Tryptophan supplement and took these about 10/11pm (1.5g) and these helped me get to sleep in the first place and then to sleep a bit longer. To try and help with the racing thoughts, when these started I told myself mentally to "park it" "park it" like you would perhaps a car when its not needed and still do this now when I wake up. For me these 2-3 things helped and while I still wake up around 5am each morning, I can at least get 5-6hrs sleep which we all need. Do read up about it on the net as there is lots of support and advice out there for the problem.

Reactions: SolSideUp
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be so tiring and awful going through that, existence certainly is too cruel, to me there certainly is no real relief from suffering in this world.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Have you tried Melatonin and/or Valerian tincture ?

Reactions: todiefor, SolSideUp and Departme
sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
Have you tried Melatonin and/or Valerian tincture ?
I've tried melatonin, but that only does so much. I have never heard of Valerian tincture. I might have to do some research on that. Thank you!

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I have the same issues, I have issues sleeping because my mind doesn't stop racing, melatonin kinda works, I just watch yt videos to the point I can't keep my eyes open

sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
My thoughts go to you, I know how you feel as this is exactly how I was a few months ago, waking without fail at 2/3am then unable to get back to sleep with my mind racing thinking about problems in life, only negative outcomes then just repeating. Sadly this then becomes routine as your brain gets used to the cycle so it repeats like the gift that does not stop giving! I've always slept quite well in life so it was not helping my current situation one bit. I tried researching solutions and it is quite a common problem people face when the mind is stressed. One thing to say is watching your phone or TV will keep your mind in an alert state due to blue light these devices omit which make the brain think of daylight / wake up etc so perhaps reading a book would be better for you if you wake up early. I also bought something called Tryptophan supplement and took these about 10/11pm (1.5g) and these helped me get to sleep in the first place and then to sleep a bit longer. To try and help with the racing thoughts, when these started I told myself mentally to "park it" "park it" like you would perhaps a car when its not needed and still do this now when I wake up. For me these 2-3 things helped and while I still wake up around 5am each morning, I can at least get 5-6hrs sleep which we all need. Do read up about it on the net as there is lots of support and advice out there for the problem.
Thanks for the advice! I have tried reading books before, and it did work, but the only books I have right now are ones without illustrations or sad ones, haha! I have never heard of Tryptophan. I am going to have to do research on that one.

Reactions: Departme
FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
My solution is trazadone, alcohol, and a strong indica. But I don't recommend the alcohol part.

Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
I'm in the same boat. The sleeping pills I normally take to quiet my thoughts aren't working anymore, and I toss and turn for 2-3 hours before passing out. Not being able to sleep sucks, especially when you're yawning constantly and feel tired.

sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
How do you feel when you wake up?
When I wake up, I either feel very tired or wide awake. It is so inconsistent and weird. I also always feel very depressed when I get out of bed, as of late.

EndJstifiesTheMeans

EndJstifiesTheMeans

Bad english, didn't go to school sorry
May 14, 2023
Techef

Techef

Student
Jun 19, 2023
It absolutely sucks. Usually I can only sleep 3-4 hours at a time before whatever I took for pain wears off. If I'm lucky I take some more and can get another 2-4 hours, usually waking up every hour or so. Sometimes the pain meds don't help... then I end up staying awake 20-40 hours before I pass out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gonnerr and Departme
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I keep thinking about things, and it always gets horrible at a specific time in the night. I fell asleep at 10:30-11:00 which is usually normal for me, but I always wake up at 3. When I wake up at 3, I can't fall back asleep, and my mind just races. My mind just gives me even more of a reason to hate myself and gives me even more of a reason to CTB. The only way to drown out my thoughts is to put on a YouTube video, but that also only works somewhat. I just want to be happy so that way these thoughts that appear at 3 am stop.
Yep, same here, can never sleep more than three hours, then I'm up for many hours before I can go back to sleep again

Departme

Departme

Mar 23, 2023
Thanks for the advice! I have tried reading books before, and it did work, but the only books I have right now are ones without illustrations or sad ones, haha! I have never heard of Tryptophan. I am going to have to do research on that one.
Well Tryptophan is relatively cheap to buy and try, I was struggling to sleep full stop as was in a state of fear in my mind over several problems hitting me all at once. I tried first all the B vitamins, magnesium supplements, also niacin but no real benefit there although for some they may help, we are all unique. Then it was Tryptophan and yes this really helped and was noticeable from the get go, I'd take 2-3 x 500mg and normally be asleep in 25 minutes as its quite quick to act and then it did help me sustain sleep for a few hours. Anyway, once I was back into a routine I simply stopped taking them and all was fine so none addictive. Give them a go and get a new book :) Kind wishes I hope your situation improves soon.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I just watch yt videos to the point I can't keep my eyes open
This might be one reason. The blue color of the display, as well as the light itself, keeps you awake and blocks the production of melatonin.
Light also interferes with the action of melatonin that you take. So take the melatonin about 30 minutes before going to bed, go to bed and turn off the light.
have never heard of Tryptophan
L-Tryptophan produces Serotonin > Serotonin produces Melatonin.
It´s important to go to bed early and always at the same time. I have been going to bed at 10:30 pm all my life and always get up at 7 am.

Last edited:
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
I can relate to this and also get those night demons.......I recommend "sleepease" which is Diphenhydramine. You can get them in Boots or online. It works really well foe me and you feel refreshed in the morning.

I once took 20 of them and tried to drown in my hot tub but thats another story

FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
How do you feel when you wake up?
Functional. More so if I don't drink. It beats not sleeping at all.
I was on Seroquel for a long time and I was basically a zombie. Trazadone is better.

G

glendaaa

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Have u tried a psychiatrist? I take Seroquel and it works like a charm

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
horrible sleep issues here as well. typically get 0 sleep for 2 days sometimes more. eyes feel like they're bleeding. melatonin sometimes helps but that's after 2 pills 10mg. only thing that really works is alcohol. for scripts do you need to see a psychiatrist?

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
I can relate to this and also get those night demons.......I recommend "sleepease" which is Diphenhydramine. You can get them in Boots or online. It works really well foe me and you feel refreshed in the morning.

I once took 20 of them and tried to drown in my hot tub but thats another story
Tell me, please, why didn't you manage to drown in your jakust?

todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
What about just Benadryl, it use to work for me but not since I've had vivid nightmares, I'm still asleep but the quality of my sleep is terrible and I wake up with panic attacks. But Benadryl use to work for me as a mild sleep aid

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂
May 26, 2023
Yea I wake up alot of random times my past keeps haunting me I just take Benadryl and wait for it to do it's work.