frogboi

frogboi

mountain goat
May 22, 2023
Every time I close my eyes I see a vision of me shooting myself in the head. Sometimes in slow motion and sometimes just the blast over and over again. It gets more and more refined and detailed as it goes on and it just keeps going. I can't get it out of my head it's like I need to think about it to relax or go to sleep. Even if i'm not doing bad it happens. I fear I've gotten too comfortable with mental illness and it's gonna be with me forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Akanea, leftdreaming and 1 other person
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i get very similar visions in my head too, i find them comforting somehow. i can see how having them every time you close your eyes can be alarming tho. is there a way you can distract yourself, like listening to music or a video to fall asleep to?

• Love
Reactions: frogboi
leftdreaming

leftdreaming

I should’ve been a house cat
Apr 28, 2023
When I close my eyes I see myself motionless in bed. Sleep is my only relief.

frogboi

frogboi

mountain goat
May 22, 2023
i get very similar visions in my head too, i find them comforting somehow. i can see how having them every time you close your eyes can be alarming tho. is there a way you can distract yourself, like listening to music or a video to fall asleep to?
It's really hard for me to sleep without complete silence and darkness which makes it hard to distract myself from it. Sometimes playing rain noises helps.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
thats a difficult situation :( its definitely hard when your own mind prevents you from sleeping. i wish you the best and i hope you can at least get some sleep tonight.

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it's awful how it can even be very difficult to get some kind of break from this existence through sleeping, existing certainly is so torturous and tiring, it's such a hellish world where people suffer so endlessly. But anyway I wish you the best.

• Love
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
Every time I close my eyes I see a vision of me shooting myself in the head. Sometimes in slow motion and sometimes just the blast over and over again. It gets more and more refined and detailed as it goes on and it just keeps going. I can't get it out of my head it's like I need to think about it to relax or go to sleep. Even if i'm not doing bad it happens. I fear I've gotten too comfortable with mental illness and it's gonna be with me forever.
Same but jumping or by a train, I guess it's difference in culture, I can't imagine dying with a gun for some reason...

• Love
Ontwon

Ontwon

Searching for wholeness
May 4, 2023
It's a kind of escapism, torturous at times when it wont leave me tf alone but calming to daydream and imagine what freedom might be

• Love