• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
That is one of the things that I cannot stand about this human species, I try to avoid any kind of toxic positivity but even this site has so much of it as well these days and I keep on coming across it. To me it just causes more harm when people glorify the harsh reality of this existence, and they push the beliefs that existing is something desirable when in fact it could never be a desired state to me, it's something that is just an unnecessary way to cause suffering all for the sake of it.

"Hope" and "happiness" are just delusions in this hellish world, the idea of them only inevitably leads to more suffering and torment. There is no such thing as "recovery" when in fact existence is the true problem, thoughts of suicide are perfectly logical in such a chaotic and harmful world where we are only destined for nothing but to decay from old age and be tortured even more in the process. Any of the kind of motivational toxic positivity is just people in denial of the futile nature of existence, and anything like that just comes across as so hollow and empty to me, so fake and devoid of meaning and substance. The idea that existence is a good thing is a lie, toxic positivity repulses me.

Last edited:
J

juraviel

PL
Aug 11, 2021
i think toxic positivity is just as useless and obtuse as the doomer 'world is forever fucked and always has' attitude. this isn't supposed to be a place just to vent, imo. if you need constant reassuring that your pain is valid then.. idk where to look for that on the internet but probably not here. perhaps this board needs another section to do just that?..

you should also know that for happy/regular people the positivity is not toxic. they can actually feel sustained hope. they have some bad times as well but, unlike it is for many of us, they come and go so the bright day really is just around the corner so for them it's not fake to talk about better days ahead.

Last edited:
E

EmmaD

-
Apr 11, 2023
That is one of the things that I cannot stand about this human species, I try to avoid any kind of toxic positivity but even this site has so much of it as well these days and I keep on coming across it. To me it just causes more harm when people glorify the harsh reality of this existence, and they push the beliefs that existing is something desirable when in fact it could never be a desired state to me, it's something that is just an unnecessary way to cause suffering all for the sake of it.

"Hope" and "happiness" are just delusions in this hellish world, the idea of them only inevitably leads to more suffering and torment. There is no such thing as "recovery" when in fact existence is the true problem, thoughts of suicide are perfectly logical in such a chaotic and harmful world where we are only destined for nothing but to decay from old age and be tortured even more in the process. Any of the kind of motivational toxic positivity is just people in denial of the futile nature of existence, and anything like that just comes across as so hollow and empty to me, so fake and devoid of meaning and substance. The idea that existence is a good thing is a lie, toxic positivity repulses me.
You do have very strong beliefs which is fine, but remember they are subjective and not shared by everyone. 'Existence is the true problem' is your subjective opinion, not fact.
I'm sort of interested to know more though.. can you give an example of a thread promoting toxic positivity? I want to try to understand what you mean?

A

AsAboveSoBelow

Apr 2, 2023
I'm aware that you might be a much loved or prominent member of this site, but truth be told, sometimes I get sick of reading your same tired, regurgitated script everywhere. Perhaps you might wanna consider that you might be the direct opposite of that (which imho, we don't need either) albeit somewhat diametrically opposed. But can be insensitive and irritating as hell, as well.

PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
Wait, hold on. Can I infer from this that anyone on here who hopes or has experienced any happiness at all is delusional? What about those of us who actually are in recovery section now, should they just go fuck themselves because their experiences are invalid?

Maybe it's fake to you, but the happiness I have experienced in life from getting my Engineering degree even though I basically didn't go to school due to poor health, from being able to get my loved ones (as well as others) away from persecution in Russia, the time I spent with my partner, my interests, my now largely defunct career protecting others from cyber criminals and helping ensure that critical infrastructure people's lives depend upon continues running, all of that was real to me. I also hope that the symptoms of early onset dementia that I'm experiencing go away, that my ADHD gets treated, that I'm able to function again, that perhaps my legs are working fully again so I can do what most others can do. However, I also know that my life is otherwise on a downward trend, that I'm inching closer and closer to the breaking point. I would rather preserve the things that gave me happiness and hope in my passing, instead of seeing everything crumble away as I await my natural end. I want a kind of insurance policy if nothing else, as well as knowledge that would help me to not simply maim myself further for nothing.

Honestly shame on you and all your threads. Once again, my death is not your politics, I don't have to justify my existence to you while all you care about is validating your ideology and politics at the expense of suffering people.

Last edited:
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
Last I checked, this is a pro-choice site, not a pro-death site. If you are opposing people making any other choice than one - the one you agree with - that isn't choice you are supporting, that is yourself. There is a difference.

You're entitled to make your choice, and I wouldn't dream of stopping you. Nobody here would. But you aren't entitled to tell others they shouldn't use the same right you demand for yourself.

Toxic negativity isn't better.

N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
Maybe just stop having any contact with humans at all? Including the internet. Lock yourself in a room, go offline. Then wait until you die by natural causes as you deem comitting suicide as being to complicated. This way you don't have to deal with any toxic positivity at all ever again.

Embalmer

Embalmer

Apr 29, 2023

Then leave the site lol, as someone else said this site is pro choice, you're so clearly pro death and against anyone making the choice to live so just leave if it bothers you so much. I find it interesting how you have been here for so long with so many posts about wanting to die and encouraging others to do so as well, yet they're gone and you're still here. Really gets me thinking about what your true intentions are.

PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
Again, because there is no rule against this as far as I'm aware I would like to know why the staff is showing favouritism to that use and why complaints of numerous members go unheeded? Does the notion of consent not an important part of a suicide forum?

blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
Each to their own. FCs posts are monotonous.. Boring.. Sometimes rediculous repetitive, and I think very damaging to this site... As wev recently seen.. I don't care how high up in regards she's held on this site, I as all of us are entitled to our opinion.. We don't have to agree with what others say.. She openly repeats she doesn't give a dam about what people think of her, so don't expect a reply.. It's almost like she's put here to reinforce suicide is a good thing... I think she's damaging to the younger members of the site with her utter lack of zero posititivity in any form and I were an admin ide seriously be having a word.. This site covers all aspects of suicide including recovery, and to see her constant flow of hatred evil and so on is actually enough to make anyone jump off a bridge... And that, you may ask yourself is treading on very dicey ground.. As I said, maybe that's why she's here... My opinion only.

H

Hotsackage

Wizard
Mar 11, 2019
she cant help it, im not agreeing with her but she obviously has debilitating issues that has tainted her to an extremely negative view of reality. some things obviously she shouldn't post but like i said she cant help it. if yall cant handle what she posts report it instead insulting someone who is obviously very ill.

Embalmer

Embalmer

Apr 29, 2023
Again, because there is no rule against this as far as I'm aware I would like to know why the staff is showing favouritism to that use and why complaints of numerous members go unheeded? Does the notion of consent not an important part of a suicide forum?

View attachment 111328
It's definitely weird... my replies to fc aren't even being approved by the mods which has never happened before. I'm concerned about their intentions, especially with how many posts they have and how long they've been here despite that being against their beliefs that life is horrible. Not saying that I wish for anything to happen to them, but it is interesting how they have encouraged so many others decision to pass and they're gone yet FC is still here.

Last edited:
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
FC just projects their own dislike towards existence and her posts come off as absolutes, even if she doesn't truly mean it (I don't know if she does).

I do disagree with her statement that life in general is shit. Life can be great. It just so happens for many of us on here, it is quite the opposite.

One thing I will say is that toxic positivity does not have a place in the suicide discussion, or at least good bye threads if nothing else. Many people here have already gone through their lives hearing toxic positivity, and clearly it hasn't made much of a difference. Anyone that has had to seek this place out and stayed in it came to the conclusion that their life isn't worth it, even in spite of toxic positivity. Furthermore, people posting toxic positivity (especially on good bye threads) actually compromises the notion of pro choice. The choice was made for the topic starter in those good bye threads to CTB, and people posting topic positivity in there shows that they are trying to gaslight the topic starters out of the choice they made. Pro choice means respecting the choice of one individual. It doesn't mean you get to play savior and gaslight people who are making a decision you disagree with.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
FC just projects their own dislike towards existence and her posts come off as absolutes, even if she doesn't truly mean it (I don't know if she does).

I do disagree with her statement that life in general is shit. Life can be great. It just so happens for many of us on here, it is quite the opposite.

One thing I will say is that toxic positivity does not have a place in the suicide discussion, or at least good bye threads if nothing else. Many people here have already gone through their lives hearing toxic positivity, and clearly it hasn't made much of a difference. Anyone that has had to seek this place out and stayed in it came to the conclusion that their life isn't worth it, even in spite of toxic positivity. Furthermore, people posting toxic positivity (especially on good bye threads) actually compromises the notion of pro choice. The choice was made for the topic starter in those good bye threads to CTB, and people posting topic positivity in there shows that they are trying to gaslight the topic starters out of the choice they made. Pro choice means respecting the choice of one individual. It doesn't mean you get to play savior and gaslight people who are making a decision you disagree with.
Very well said.

PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
she cant help it, im not agreeing with her but she obviously has debilitating issues that has tainted her to an extremely negative view of reality. some things obviously she shouldn't post but like i said she cant help it. if yall cant handle what she posts report it instead insulting someone who is obviously very ill.
I understand, we all need to assume good faith in each other, but illness may not always excuse harmful behaviour. They are not the only person who is ill, many of us are, there is so little explanation by the staff about why they go to such lengths (to the point of undermining the foundational values of this site) to let them get away with just about anything including insulting an entire section of the site (recovery) and essentially any user on here who is not a diehard antinatalist. Why can the attempt to police the forum to their liking? Some of their followers have also become quite militant, going after any kind of concern over safety or validity of certain methods or decisions by users as "pro-life" trolling.

While I understand that this may well be a person with Autism or Aspergers, and their trait may cause them to impulsively post in this manner, over time, and in light of the sheer intensity of the attacks that this community has been subjected to as well the activity/vague intentions of this user, it becomes difficult to not suspect that they might be a malicious actor. Certainly, a serious vulnerability now that the LE worldwide if focusing on taking away any and all non-violent methods of CTB.

If I was the only one, I'd blame it on the poor state of my mind right now, but I'm one of many who expresses concern. There is undoubtedly something here that is unsustainable. At this point I think I have expressed all that I must, I am weary of how much I am commenting on the matter, and sincerely hope that the best oucome can be achieved. This forum is adding enormous value to folks who are suffering.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I'm sort of interested to know more though.. can you give an example of a thread promoting toxic positivity? I want to try to understand what you mean?
Here's a case study of toxic positivity. Piss them off, they wanna hurt you

happy-angry-face-meme-png.104616

I don't want to talk about individual personalities (like FC), but rather efilists/promortalists in general

Not that it matters, but I'm actually the polar opposite of efilists, probably more so than the anti-efilists obsessed with taking FC down and shutting her up. Because I'd like to cure death and deeply improve society

But I definitely support efilists:
  • some of the very best people I know are efilists. Because they're hardcore and effective at reducing suffering of sentient beings
  • toxic-positivists want people like FC to suffer. So she can't even have this one scrap of internet for me to hear her. No, they just want it for themselves, not her
  • any anti-efilist mechanisms will be turned on the rest of us
I remember when I was brought low, surrounded by recovery-minded suicidal normie-wannabees who treated others like shit. SaSu was my escape from their relentless dullness. I was thankful for people like FC. I'm not the only one. For a while, I couldn't even look at the recovery subforum because it felt like the Land of Normie Wannabees

And all the ageist talk about the "irrationality" of adults below 25 -- it's exactly what enables anti-efilists to claim "she's damaging to the younger members of the site". In other words: "Will someone think of the children!?"

Let the 24 year old children read and learn to think for themselves. If they refuse to, well, they're adults. Don't blame efilists

Last edited:
T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023
I remember when I was brought low, surrounded by recovery-minded suicidal normie-wannabees who treated others like shit.
You consistently call people "normies" if they disagree with you. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "suicidal normie-wannabees," although it seems like you're disregarding other people's experiences?
I do think 4Chan might be your style.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
You consistently call people "normies" if they disagree with you. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "suicidal normie-wannabees," although it seems like you're disregarding other people's experiences?
I do think 4Chan might be your style.
I believe they are referring to them as people who were once suicidal, but recovered instead.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
You consistently call people "normies" if they disagree with you.
Counterexample: I disagree with efilists like FC. But unlike you, they're not normies. Words have meanings

T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023
I believe they are referring to them as people who were once suicidal, but recovered instead.
I must say, seeing anybody who has managed to recover and learnt to cope as a "suicidal normal-wannabee" is an interesting take.
Counterexample: I disagree with efilists like FC. But unlike you, they're not normies. Words have meanings
I'm not sure calling me "normal" had the zing that you think it had. Keep being edgy if it keeps you entertained, I guess? You'll grow out of it.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
I'm not sure calling me "normal" had the zing that you think it had. Keep being edgy if it keeps you entertained, I guess? You'll grow out of it.
Sure, most people seem to love adhering to social norms, censoring and making others ctb for "corrupting the youth", ctb'ing their own species with climate change, etc

If you're suicidal and normie pride boosts your spirits to keep you vibrant for one more day, then great! Just don't tear other sasu members like FC down, like other normies would

H

Hotsackage

Wizard
Mar 11, 2019
I understand, we all need to assume good faith in each other, but illness may not always excuse harmful behaviour. They are not the only person who is ill, many of us are, there is so little explanation by the staff about why they go to such lengths (to the point of undermining the foundational values of this site) to let them get away with just about anything including insulting an entire section of the site (recovery) and essentially any user on here who is not a diehard antinatalist. Why can the attempt to police the forum to their liking? Some of their followers have also become quite militant, going after any kind of concern over safety or validity of certain methods or decisions by users as "pro-life" trolling.

While I understand that this may well be a person with Autism or Aspergers, and their trait may cause them to impulsively post in this manner, over time, and in light of the sheer intensity of the attacks that this community has been subjected to as well the activity/vague intentions of this user, it becomes difficult to not suspect that they might be a malicious actor. Certainly, a serious vulnerability now that the LE worldwide if focusing on taking away any and all non-violent methods of CTB.

If I was the only one, I'd blame it on the poor state of my mind right now, but I'm one of many who expresses concern. There is undoubtedly something here that is unsustainable. At this point I think I have expressed all that I must, I am weary of how much I am commenting on the matter, and sincerely hope that the best oucome can be achieved. This forum is adding enormous value to folks who are suffering.
ya i just let her vent mostly, and if she does make inappropriate threads it should be just taken down immediately. i dont know why they arent. But trolling her by calling her a bot and for her cognitive capacity is something we shouldnt resort to when she isnt completely responsible for whats going on in her brain, and shouldnt even happen on this forum. not saying you, but from what ive read in this thread and othess this is obviously apparent. were all extremely fucked in different ways that the normal person has no idea, and they generally dont take the time either to ask WHY we are like this, and why some of us think ending our life is the only true liberty and just mock us for feeling like this. lets not turn into those assholes.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm aware that you might be a much loved or prominent member of this site, but truth be told, sometimes I get sick of reading your same tired, regurgitated script everywhere. Perhaps you might wanna consider that you might be the direct opposite of that (which imho, we don't need either) albeit somewhat diametrically opposed. But can be insensitive and irritating as hell, as well.
If she irritates you block/ignore her, really simple.

Last edited:
T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023
Sure, most people seem to love adhering to social norms, censoring and making others ctb for "corrupting the youth", ctb'ing their own species with climate change, etc

If you're suicidal and normie pride boosts your spirits to keep you vibrant for one more day, then great! Just don't tear others down like FC
I couldn't load what you linked and it seems to be from a .ru Russian site. Either way it seems you've went a little off-topic because nothing at all about that is relevant.

Not sure what "normie pride" is, not tearing down anyone either; rather the opposite.

A

AsAboveSoBelow

Apr 2, 2023
If she irritates you block her, really simple.
Read my comment again. CAN BE insensitive and irritating. And if they can post as much as they want with very strong views and seems really scripted, it's kinda hypocritical to be preaching against others. Toxic positivity and inappropriate threads would usually be deleted anyways.

I'd wanted to provide them with an alternative view to see that everyone has their own views that can clash. And I'd still like to see this site as a whole, not just what I'd want to see it as. I wouldn't go to the extent of blocking anyone I disagree with, as I still want to see the whole picture.

Not sure why you're replying to me, or what you're trying to achieve. If you don't like what you see, take your own advice; block me and move along.

Really simple innit

Reactions: Tuurngait
Status
Not open for further replies.