• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Mmjj219

Nov 17, 2019
I have severe anxiety, any small trigger makes me depressed which forced me to leave my family and live alone in university, i spendtalmost 2 years alone until I felt recovered enough to go back to my family and handle triggers better than before.

I also spent a year and half with a psychoanalyst, what she basically does is just listen to me while I tell her everything comes in my mind pretty much, sometime she gives comment but mostly she just listens, i asked her what's the purpose of this therapy ? She said you will keep talking about your past and after 3 years you will be recovered, I told her I can do that with anyone for example my grandma so why do you think I'm gonna recover if I talk to you instead ? She said she has an ear and I have different ear and that's the difference.

i searched about psychoanalysis and I found out that there are 2 types of that can be provided, the one she is giving me and I don't even know if she's doing it right.

the second type which I really need have active discussion with the therapist and more frequent sessions, I told her why don't you Provide this type of sessions for me ? She said because it's paid and there are many people visiting me so I can't provide all of them with more frequent sessions.

i told her you already get paid by the government and it's ok you can give me less sessions but at least we will have active discussion which I think it's more helpful to me, she basically hinted that she won't do it and pay me if you want.

I told her ok we will stop the sessions then I don't need such therapist.

1 day after saying this I emailed her again cuz I failed handling triggers from my family and fought with my mother which made me depressed and i couldn't study, she told no no you need to spend at least 2 weeks to think about your decision then tell me if you wanna stop.

she already told me that you need to not stop the sessions if you want full recovery so how come she says now think about continuing or stopping thoroughly? I thought she would be happy that I changed my mind about it already because that's the goal to continue whatsoever.

there are more details but can't mention all of them but the end result is = she doesn't want me to continue with her cuz i discovered she is piece of shit wants money from people to provide them with real sessions.

now I'm depressed again and thinking about going to university again but it needs so much effort to get my stuff back there and consuming time, I think I'm gonna ask for stronger anti depressant tomorrow cuz things are pretty shitty right now to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alec and AQUA
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I can empathize with her because her job is her main source of income, and when you cancel out like that, she has to rebook to fill up spots or another spot opens up for someone that is willing to support her career. I used to be mad at my former therapist because he was popular, but I did a no-show because I was running late anyways and he told me I wasted his time again and not to call for an appointment ever again. Are there any other therapists you can go to? Does the university have their own psych department where they offer sessions at a discount for students?

M

Mmjj219

Nov 17, 2019
I can empathize with her because her job is her main source of income, and when you cancel out like that, she has to rebook to fill up spots or another spot opens up for someone that is willing to support her career. I used to be mad at my former therapist because he was popular, but I did a no-show because I was running late anyways and he told me I wasted his time again and not to call for an appointment ever again. Are there any other therapists you can go to? Does the university have their own psych department where they offer sessions at a discount for students?
You do realize it's one of the goals of the therapy to get the anger out of you there because you recall your toxic past, she knows that but why would she bother about treating me rather than getting rid of anxious piece of shit ?

she already get paid by the government, imaging reciving 5k+ a month by just staring at people and admitting the only difference about what shes offering is just a different ear . She is purposely not giving us what we need just because no one would be forced to pay her in her clinic.

she is in the hospital associated with my university so no there are no other therapists.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alec and AQUA
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, wanting people to pay for different types of sessions seems sketchy to me at the very least, especially since she's already being paid for her job.