• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Glad you're trying it again. I found that being a little patient with them as you're getting to know and understand each other helps. It's kind of a relationship, after all... and if after a while it's not working, well you just move on, right?

By the way, the pun was not intentional but still funny. Maybe because it's Friday and I'm wiped. Still...:))

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I'm glad you're trying it again.

My experience with therapy is that a lot of it is about finding the right psychologist with the right method for you.

My first psychologist, second psychologist, third psychologist, first psychiatrist, they all did basically nothing for me. But my current psychologist has done so much for me.

There was a time when I didn't even dare to leave the house, take a bus or go to class. Within a year of going to her I was leaving the house, taking the bus and going to class again.

The stuff that I wasn't able to do in like 3 years with all those other psychologists, I did in less than a year with her. Because she fit with me personality-wise and she had a method that fit me too.

So I'd say, even if this one doesn't work out, don't ever be afraid to try out a new therapist with a different approach. It can make a HUGE difference.

synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
I hope it goes well! Remember to be honest with them as much as you can be. Also if you find you don't mesh well with your therapist you can always try another one. I hope it helps and i'm glad you're giving it another chance 🤍
thank you so much. <3 i hope to hear back soon lol. and yeah, you're right. i hope i get some help.
i never thought of it like that. but you are right, it is like a relationship. i do hope we can know and understand one another.
Glad you're trying it again. I found that being a little patient with them as you're getting to know and understand each other helps. It's kind of a relationship, after all... and if after a while it's not working, well you just move on, right?

By the way, the pun was not intentional but still funny. Maybe because it's Friday and I'm wiped. Still...:))
I'm glad you're trying it again.

My experience with therapy is that a lot of it is about finding the right psychologist with the right method for you.

My first psychologist, second psychologist, third psychologist, first psychiatrist, they all did basically nothing for me. But my current psychologist has done so much for me.

There was a time when I didn't even dare to leave the house, take a bus or go to class. Within a year of going to her I was leaving the house, taking the bus and going to class again.

The stuff that I wasn't able to do in like 3 years with all those other psychologists, I did in less than a year with her. Because she fit with me personality-wise and she had a method that fit me too.

So I'd say, even if this one doesn't work out, don't ever be afraid to try out a new therapist with a different approach. It can make a HUGE difference.
yeah, i figured that as well. i have been to 3 therapists, but none of them were a good match. my last one just gaslit me in regards to my SA and that fucked me up. so i am hoping that i have a therapist who can give me tools and then help me with diagnoses.

i just hope i can speak i suppose. urg. which reminds me, i gotta call the office again and get everything set up. (i never got a call back...) anyway. thank you again. <3
going to do a pre-screen check thing soon. i hope to start therapy soon.

anxious. my mom questioned me and asked me why i was doing it, and i mean she was concerned. but i can't tell her the truth.

Last edited:
synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
yeah update. it was going to be $885 PER SESSION until i reached a $3000 limit. FUCK THAT.

i am looking in-network. but this whole process is a bit depressing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori