CannabisMuncher

CannabisMuncher

You can call me kilometers, cuz ima kms ( He/Him )
Dec 23, 2023
It scares me.. what if its just reincarnation? Is there an afterlife? if so, is it worse than this? What if you just relive your life over, and over, and over again after death? What if it makes the suffering worse? I dont know how to feel

• Hugs
Reactions: Catch-22, breezeboy, Sylveon and 1 other person
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Scares the hrll out of me too I'm not gonna lie
I fear reincarnation the most as well

We won't know until it's done so we should just expect nothing and stop thinking there
I know that's impossible

I mean let's be honest it's hard for it to get worse than this life. It would be a joke if it's worse than this

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am so sorry that you feel scared and confused probably. May I be brutally honest - no one knows and every religion just seem to make it up. We.will never know and surely we have so much to worry about now - most of us on this forum seem to be fire fighting constantly and are stuck at the best of times. Please try not to add to that list of worries. Also every religion states that there is something better as well - and given how bad life must be for us to be here, there is a real possibility that things can only get better in our next life if there is one. If it is ashes to ashes, better still. I hope that you are able to hope for something better and hope is a powerful ally to have with you.

Reactions: Sylveon
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally only fear this existence, I very strongly believe that once we lose consciousness that is it for us, we simply cease existing and we are gone, the thought of death comforts me personally. But anyway I'm sorry that you have to suffer like that, I wish you the best.

Reactions: грустная сука, Reuthry, Kit1 and 2 others
I

iji

Dec 4, 2023
what if its just reincarnation? Is there an afterlife?
These are all concepts with no objective evidence for. We are only sure this is the one shot at existence we have, and the only way to ensure part of you keeps existing after death is reproduction.

I think there's no afterlife simply because when someone dear to us die, we get sad. This is nature telling us we will never see that person again. Our bodies just become part of the environment.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
While I believe in reincarnation, I also believe that all life is suffering. It's up to you if you believe your life is worth suffering for.

M30W

M30W

The bus is late?
Dec 7, 2023
Humans were born with instincts to question everything so I know it's hard to say don't overthink it, however even if there is reincarnation you will have a new brain and will start over, you won't know your past life- that's my belief anyways and as for the after life I believe most people choose you believe it for comfort and hope there's healing from all the suffering life brings you. If you want to go to the religious route I don't think there will be much suffering as long as you choose to be close with god and let him cleanse you, you don't have to do anything but let it happen, don't try to cleanse yourself by yourself. There will always be questioning and there will always be suffering either way.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Humans were born with instincts to question everything so I know it's hard to say don't overthink it, however even if there is reincarnation you will have a new brain and will start over, you won't know your past life- that's my belief anyways and as for the after life I believe most people choose you believe it for comfort and hope there's healing from all the suffering life brings you. If you want to go to the religious route I don't think there will be much suffering as long as you choose to be close with god and let him cleanse you, you don't have to do anything but let it happen, don't try to cleanse yourself by yourself. There will always be questioning and there will always be suffering either way.
If you think having a new brain and a new start here is good news ... i have bad news for you

Coming back to this hellhole is always bad news whatever brain you get. It doesn't matter if you're rich or whatever you're always gonna suffer in this place.
Hell i'd even say the rich people suffer the most even if they got the most money because they have to be EVIL in order to keep being rich. Unless they got their money from their family or something.

Reactions: M30W
M30W

M30W

The bus is late?
Dec 7, 2023
If you think having a new brain and a new start here is good news ... i have bad news for you
Hahah I wish I thought that but that's not what I meant XD my bad if my spelling makes no sense.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
It scares me.. what if its just reincarnation? Is there an afterlife? if so, is it worse than this? What if you just relive your life over, and over, and over again after death? What if it makes the suffering worse? I dont know how to feel
The fact of dying/potential possibility of reincarnation is beyond our control. Why worry about something we cannot control?

If you are concerned about what existence you may reincarnate into, I would ask yourself what you have/are doing to create good karma (reduce suffering (including your own), bring joy, and share knowledge that helps others to reduce suffering?)

It never hurts to mend each others' hurt and it carries with us into the next rebirth according to Buddhists.

I remember Ram Dass saying: "I would like my life to be a statement of loving and compassion, and where it isn't, that is where my work lies". If your work is towards dying or living, these words will certainly benefit us.

If you wanted an extra deep dive you could read the Tibetan book of living and dying for a bit of a road map on how to navigate the so called "bardo realms" so you can find a suitable rebirth.

I hope this helps
May you find peace in living or dying

Coming back to this hellhole is always bad news whatever brain you get. It doesn't matter if you're rich or whatever you're always gonna suffer in this place.
Hell i'd even say the rich people suffer the most even if they got the most money because they have to be EVIL in order to keep being rich. Unless they got their money from their family or something.
I would be blessed to be rebirthed rich alongside the wisdom of dhamma so I could give it all away to beggars and charities and live my life happily as an ascetic with no possessions.

Last edited:
Reactions: rozeske
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
Funeralcry, can I ask what is keeping you here. Of all the posts I see you feel very adamant about wanting this life to end. I don't mean that in any critical way at all btw.

I don't want to go but I don't want to deal with the horrendous suffering every day - which seems to be worsening each day. I'm hoping one gets to a point where absolutely nothing will hold them back, not love for others, not SI, nothing.
I personally only fear this existence, I very strongly believe that once we lose consciousness that is it for us, we simply cease existing and we are gone, the thought of death comforts me personally. But anyway I'm sorry that you have to suffer like that, I wish you the best.
I meant to reply directly.....

Last edited:
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I just like to think about the 14 billion years of peace before I was born.