darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I am panicking so much because after being aware of my suicide attempt more than a week ago, my dad, who literally was the one that put me through so many traumas in the past, did his best to get on a flight over to the UK to see me, and he arrived here yesterday, out of the blue, with no heads up whatsoever.

He said he was here to take care of me and to make sure that I wouldn't do anything "stupid". He also said he wanted to "hear my story" and to get to know me better, but all that we have been doing the past 24 hours was counterproductively arguing, with him making me seem like I was mentally too impaired to make a decisions and guilt-tripping me. I don't know what to do and I don't want to just call the police saying that I don't know him or just walk out of the flat and never come back. He has been verbally abusive and then as soon as I appeared to not pay any attention to what he had to say, he turned around being so sweet and manipulative to make me listen to him. As I came back to the conversation, he would say things like "What about your family?", "What about your friends?", "Why are you being dramatic?", "You've changed so much just because you went abroad to study and absorbed all the privileges of a first world country. You will never be one of them." and other things along those lines.

I asked him when he would have to go back home, because of the nature of his work, and he told me that there would be only one flight on the 19th of December, and I planned to ctb before Christmas time. Now that he is here and making me feel all kinds of guilt, I am under so much pressure and I just want to push forward my ctb date, which is something I don't want to do either, because I still have affairs that I need to get in order. I just went online to check the flights, and apparently there would be one of the 1st and the 5th of December, so I don't understand why he was saying that wouldn't be one until the 19th. I don't know what to do to get him off my back and make him go home because he seems pretty determined to stay here for a month. Having him around is literally my worst nightmare.

• Hugs
Reactions: Silver, notMyRealName, sadworld and 1 other person