• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BeautyWSaveTheWorld

BeautyWSaveTheWorld

Dec 22, 2023
The idea of having a family and continuing my bloodline is something of great importance to me. However, I recently realised that the type of woman I require is quite specific, as my needs generally are (I lack in some specific things which I need someone to account for, as I too am good in some other specific things, let's just say I'm probably kinda autistic), and I am not sure if keeping the idea of family so imporant to me would end up worth it, as only a few women I ever met made me feel worth pursuing relationship with them.
Should I consider getting that idea out of my head, or should I wait to later years when I would no longer be capable of achieving that goal to finally abandon my hopes and dreams in that field? On the one hand, abandoning that hope now would greatly affect me in ever achieving it, but on the other hand, waiting that long to finally quit it would greatly hurt me in the future.
What are you thoughts on this? Finding some other goal is really hard, but reaching certain years with that still in mind would probably make me CTB.
If you've got any thoughts or experiences with this, sharing it would be of great help.
Btw I'm only 18

Reactions: return.
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Duplicating dysfunctional DNA, which exacerbates mental illness and suffering, should be avoided at all costs. Please consider tubal ligation and vasectomy for yourself and your partners if you have a mental illness. #stopthesuffering #stopviolentsuicide

Abolish needless human suffering until all people are guaranteed equal access to compassionate euthanasia.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
You should feel free to try, just keeping in mind that — as with anything else in this world — you may have to try out some bad partners before you find a good one

If someone's absolutely miserable — disrespectful, impossibly stubborn teamwork, etc — then best to fail fast & look for the next one. You're basically a hunter

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
If it's a goal for you, then why would achieving it not help you?

Not to say this in a disparaging way, but you really are only eighteen. You are very young, you have many years, and unlike the women that you seek, you're not burdened with even one reminder or indicator of a "timeline" that you have to find love and start a family. There's lots of time for you to find a great partner, but dating sucks for everyone right now. Everyone has more options, which is both a positive and a negative. You can cast a wider net in your search, but that's still neither a good or a bad thing. Unless you become an undesirable partner yourself, there's always a chance for you. I hope that these things can comfort you but I'm sorry if they don't, as I know that dating and everyone's perceived chances at success is a touchy subject.

I also want to say that no matter what genes you may have to pass on you can have children if you want to lol. So long as you're planning to and prepared to be responsible for their quality of life, which it sounds like you will be if parenthood is a genuine lifetime goal of yours.

I'm sorry that I don't necessarily have any experiences to share, just thoughts! Personally I don't think that parenthood is on my mind anymore and I'm just waiting for my time to run out in that regard. If you don't mind me asking, why do you think that keeping this goal in mind will make you want to die? Are you hesitant to sort through your options until you find the right one? Or are you afraid to reach a certain age without also meeting a certain milestone?

lucyna

lucyna

barely active / recovering
Aug 22, 2023
if you are already here, it will not. you think of it as this almost divine thing which really just would become a normal everyday thing for you. i understand it's your goal, but if you don't fix yourself first, you will have a broken family with children who will struggle in the future.

Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
The idea of having a family and continuing my bloodline is something of great importance to me. However, I recently realised that the type of woman I require is quite specific, as my needs generally are (I lack in some specific things which I need someone to account for, as I too am good in some other specific things, let's just say I'm probably kinda autistic), and I am not sure if keeping the idea of family so imporant to me would end up worth it, as only a few women I ever met made me feel worth pursuing relationship with them.
Should I consider getting that idea out of my head, or should I wait to later years when I would no longer be capable of achieving that goal to finally abandon my hopes and dreams in that field? On the one hand, abandoning that hope now would greatly affect me in ever achieving it, but on the other hand, waiting that long to finally quit it would greatly hurt me in the future.
What are you thoughts on this? Finding some other goal is really hard, but reaching certain years with that still in mind would probably make me CTB.
If you've got any thoughts or experiences with this, sharing it would be of great help.
Btw I'm only 18
Every day I assume that reaching the 30-year mark without children or marriage will be an unbearable failure. Unlike those who voluntarily chose to live alone, I will blame myself for the rest of my life. However, this cannot be your only priority, find more purposes to make up for the absence of one.

Duplicating dysfunctional DNA, which exacerbates mental illness and suffering, should be avoided at all costs. Please consider tubal ligation and vasectomy for yourself and your partners if you have a mental illness. #stopthesuffering #stopviolentsuicide

Abolish needless human suffering until all people are guaranteed equal access to compassionate euthanasia.
Your comment is extremely unpleasant and unfortunate. Any animal has the right to transmit its genes. Without establishing medical criteria, people cannot be coerced into antinatalism. The randomness of nature will always produce anomalies, trying to extinguish them is a delusion.

Reactions: deedeme