FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I am in complete shock and dont feel anything else.

Over the weekend at 3.00am was an ambulance and 4 small ambulance cars outside my house. The paramedics were wearing PPE, spraying things, one of them has a clipboard and they were going inside the block of flats i live in. I live a 3 floor flat and I live on the second floor.

Today the door bell rang and my little sister answered the door. She said the woman who lived on the third floor wants to talk to my mum outside. My grandmother went outside as my mum had a zoom meeting.
My nan came back and she told me the woman was crying and is in complete confusion. She told my grandma her husband died of covid19 on the weekend which was why the ambulance was outside. Not only the woman lost her husband she aslo lost her mum as well. Currently her brother in law is in hospital battling covid19.
The woman has 3 children under 10 who used to play with my younger sister. The woman has no family in the UK and husband was the sole bread winner.

My mum has been talking to her on the phone and says if she needs anything she can always the phone. My mum has been telling her what she needs to do etc.

I am in complete shock so is my family. i was never expecting this all. I dont feel anything else aat all.Her husband was such a kind man who worked so hard for his family.

What i have learned today is life is too short to be fighting over trivial things

Before her husbands death the lady upstairs and my mum fell out because the lady upstairs was saying bad things about my mum to other neighbours living in the block. My mum stopped taking to her and stopped helping her.
When she rang the bell today it is like she forgot all the animosity towards my mum.
In the end the trivial things didn't matter anymore.

i look at my own life I am too busy complaining that i have failed to create the perfect life and be successful like the people on Instagram and celebrity culture we have in the UK as well as seeing my classmates successful as well
Then i realised when I die none of this will matter.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: EraseRewind, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Pookie and 11 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Damn, he seems to have been such a nice guy. I hate covid19.
This makes us think, right? I mean, the less you expect it, the more death might come for you.
We spend hours, days, months, years thinking about CTB only for what? Be more depressed.

Anyway, sorry for this experience but I'm glad it made you think and even reconsider some aspects of life.

• Hugs
Reactions: less than and Ghost2211
GottaGo

GottaGo

Jan 27, 2020
I actually had COVID earlier this year and I was one of the lunch ones since I barely had any symptoms. It is really a matter of luck ;(.
but to your point, I think the internet is a horrible place because it give people too much information and lies. I got super depressed earlier this year because of all the news I heard about COVID 19, about the trade war between countries. It seems like the world is a horrendous place with no hope but disasters. But then I deleted all my social media accounts and all of a sudden life became slightly better. I know some place in this world amazing and terrible stuff are happening, but I really don't need to know all of it, finding happiness inside is what I really want.
hope the best for you and your families.

Reactions: ZardozOmega