DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I am 22 and, besides a few volunteer services, I haven't officially had a job where I made money. While I could get a job even in this pandemic I am afraid of respoknsbiliyt. I am afraid of change. While I am in school I am not doing anything atm. It would give me a way to get out of the house toxic house I am in but at the same time its comfortable. I feel like a failure as a 22 year old. Like I contribute nothing. I am confutable being a couch potato but something in me feels like I want to do more. I am just afraid of change

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, Alucard, suicidebabyseal and 3 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I got my first job a few months ago when I was 17. It was Pretty overwhelming for me and I quit after a few months working there. The social side of jobs is very intimidating for me and my lack of motivation makes me give them up fast. Jobs are definitely scary. However, I do think that the shift of environment could be refreshing for you considering you find your home situation toxic. A job can also give you a feeling of accomplishment which can boost your mood.

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I got my first job a few months ago when I was 17. It was Pretty overwhelming for me and I quit after a few months working there. The social side of jobs is very intimidating for me and my lack of motivation makes me give them up fast. Jobs are definitely scary. However, I do think that the shift of environment could be refreshing for you considering you find your home situation toxic. A job can also give you a feeling of accomplishment which can boost your mood.
You have a point. I am just depressed lately. I talked to my dad and he assured me that I am fine and to take my time. I think I am just depressed today and isn't able to think straight

• Hugs
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan and Woodnote
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
You have a point. I am just depressed lately. I talked to my dad and he assured me that I am fine and to take my time. I think I am just depressed today and isn't able to think straight
understandable, some days really be like that. Hope you're feeling a little better tomorrow, you're doing great.

Reactions: DeathIsTheWayOut99
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Take small baby steps if you have too and your Dad is right on taking your time. We all have bad days and good days.

Change does feel uncomfortable and I know what that feels like. I was a lazy couch potato and I've still managed to get a job, not the best but still a job nonetheless.

Wishing you luck!

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, Zappfe lover and DeathIsTheWayOut99
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Take small baby steps if you have too and your Dad is right on taking your time. We all have bad days and good days.

Change does feel uncomfortable and I know what that feels like. I was a lazy couch potato and I've still managed to get a job, not the best but still a job nonetheless.

Wishing you luck!
Thanks. I think I might try a bit harder too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote, Zappfe lover and Joey
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
My social anxiety makes buying groceries a nightmare, so I doubt that I would be able to survive having to work with other people.

• Aww..
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
You're still very young and you sound motivated to change. I got a retail job at 18 when my social anxiety disorder was worse, and I'm almost 21 now and still working at the same store. Even with all of my problems and lack of skills, everyone has been miraculously patient with me and I havent been fired yet after almost 3 years :) And as an extra positive, my social anxiety has eased a ton and I no longer struggle to make phone calls or go shopping on my own.

Any job is great for feeling some kind of purpose in life. And if you have a tough home life, you'll probably appreciate being away for a couple of hours every week and making some money. It's really the most liberating thing you could do for yourself. Just make sure to be persistent. Always show up to work on time even if you feel like shit. That alone can make you stand out as a reliable employee and give you a reason to get up every morning.

If you can't get an in-person job quite yet, try looking into working for Lionbridge or Appen. I work for Lionbridge and basically all you do is rate advertisements. You need to take a very long test in order to get the job, and the pay is barely above minimum wage, but it's something. Since it's a remote job, theres absolutely 0 human contact besides emailing their support sometimes. It's not the most steady work, it's very boring, and there's no career development or overtime or anything, but it used to give me an extra 100$/week before the corona hit. i don't recommend it as a primary job, especially nowadays since hours are sparse thanks to the corona. But it's a worthwhile supplement if you have trouble with traditional work.

Good luck! You can do it. Just get out there and see what happens.

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Just push through and try it. Take that first step.
I feel bad. I got a position at a job and I am doing the tradings but I have been on and off that they prob ably dont want me anymore. They have given me so many chances and I hate it

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I feel bad. I got a position at a job and I am doing the tradings but I have been on and off that they prob ably dont want me anymore. They have given me so many chances and I hate it
We'll continue it in messages :)

Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I tried to have jobs. A torture for me.
But unemployment is also a torture.
Conclusion : CTB.

Reactions: suffering