• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Psychiatrists delude themselves into thinking they're real doctors who actually save lives the way an oncologist saves a cancer patient or a trauma surgeon saves a victim who is bleeding out. Psychiatrists are convinced that stopping someone from committing suicide by force equals medical treatment and life-saving intervention. They have a god-complex and care not one whit about personal freedom and autonomy.
Exactly, but it is actually worse. They say you have been deprived of your freedom and autonomy by a mental illness, and that they just want to restore them for you.

About psychiatry as drug pushers:

• Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, CornerE and Jean Améry
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Exactly, but it is actually worse. They say you have been deprived of your freedom and autonomy by a mental illness, and that they just want to restore them for you.

About psychiatry as drug pushers:

Quite true. No matter the fact that 'mental illness' can't be diagnosed objectively and therefore consists entirly of the opinon of the 'professional' doing the labelling. Psychiatrists are the modern day inquisition: as their forebears attempted to cast out heresy, so they try to cast out mental illness.

The perversity of selling violence (involuntary commitment, forced drugging) as helping and a humanitarian undertaking is mindboggling to me.

Thanks for the link to that article: very interesting. I'm bookmarking it for future reference. Perhaps we should start a thread on antipsychiatry, especially resources.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Pulpit2018, CornerE and 3 others
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
Perhaps we should start a thread on antipsychiatry, especially resources.
There are a lot of resources on this site:

• Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
JJ-NOHOPE

JJ-NOHOPE

Tantalus - all desire, no hope
Nov 26, 2018
Quite true. No matter the fact that 'mental illness' can't be diagnosed objectively and therefore consists entirly of the opinon of the 'professional' doing the labelling. Psychiatrists are the modern day inquisition: as their forebears attempted to cast out heresy, so they try to cast out mental illness.

The perversity of selling violence (involuntary commitment, forced drugging) as helping and a humanitarian undertaking is mindboggling to me.

Wow! You said it so eloquently!

They ARE like the Inquisition! How can this be so obvious to some of us? I don't think it is mentally ill to think it is wrong to force treatment on people. I think it is common sense and common decency.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Jean Améry
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Wow! You said it so eloquently!

They ARE like the Inquisition! How can this be so obvious to some of us? I don't think it is mentally ill to think it is wrong to force treatment on people. I think it is common sense and common decency.

Thank you. I borrowed the comparison from the late great Dr. Thomas Szasz whose books I highly recommend. Among others 'the myth of mental illness' and 'the manufacture of madness'. He wrote extensively on the startling similarity of religion and psychiatry and all that entails.

Dr. Szasz is a hero of mine and was one of the premier opponents of psychiatric stigma and psychiatric imprisonement. It truly is sad he's no longer with us but his ideas live on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and CornerE
CornerE

CornerE

Needs a savior
Mar 12, 2019
Dr. Szasz is a hero of mine and was one of the premier opponents of psychiatric stigma and psychiatric imprisonement. It truly is sad he's no longer with us but his ideas live on.

this man is outstanding .
everyone had worked , visited or was admitted to a psychiatric ward konw for sure that he's honest a truthful at everything he wrote about that field .
it takes a courageous free true libertarian to oppose all that cruel inhumane suppression disguised as science .
I couldn't find his ebooks in any pdf library site .

I only found some quotes .

this one , not only relates to me , but many others I witnessed .
plus some public figures who were admitted by their relatives mostly to rob them , and you can put any lame excuse as your "reason" like that person "intellectual" tendencies.
and those jerky psychs always got along as long they'll have their share of his own money .

The customer is always right .. and -
in most cases - the resident is not the customer .

What proved that as a fact is the way the "self admitted " residents were treated vs the ones admitted by their relatives who mostly hate them , wanna possess their money and the patients' belongings or just wanna cast them away for mean awful reasons .

the ones who sign themselves in = in charge of "paying the piper" and therefore they officially have every right to check out whenever they please (that's what everyone there said .. not guessing here )

Those where treated surprisingly well , like the treatment a best customer get in a fancy hotel .
Of course they don't wanna push them away , they pay their salaries .

in fact , those self admitted residents would yell at and humiliate any of the staff members with no problem at all .

and the jerks would take it on the others and treat them like students in a strict Catholic school if they "behave" or worse than shwashank redemption prisoners if they raged against this inhumane abuse .

they have always been the obedient slaves to their customer = the one in charge of paying makes the decisions and they just follow the orders .

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, ithappens, Pulpit2018 and 1 other person