• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
in my opinion the site has been much worse compared to before, mainly due to that stupid video which brought many people here.

it's really sad, i remember being so happy and fortunate upon finding the site for the 1st time. to me SaSu is nothing special anymore sadly.

it's just the reality, this site is too mainstream now which ruined it for me.

I'm pretty sure anyone who was here before that dumb video would understand my angle at least.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I wasn't here prior to the video but, based from what I've read, it does seem like this is the case. Even the admin of this site said that they felt like this site died for them in 2021. It truly is unfortunate that this site became more mainstream. The more mainstream something gets, the worse it becomes overall

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
in my opinion the site has been much worse compared to before, mainly due to that stupid video which brought many people here.

it's really sad, i remember being so happy and fortunate upon finding the site for the 1st time. to me SaSu is nothing special anymore sadly.

it's just the reality, this site is too mainstream now which ruined it for me.

I'm pretty sure anyone who was here before that dumb video would understand my angle at least.
I'm new here so I can't say ik what your on about but do you think you could eleborate on what you mean by that?

Like what has changed

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
More people, more different thoughts, more topics, more interactions.
A simple matter.

I don't think the site is going downhill.
There is simply more variety now.
I think that most people can still receive support and share their problems.
I don't think that has changed.

The website is undergoing a natural evolution.
I understand you may not like it.

I guess it's good that more people can find a "safe zone"?

Of course, great popularity has disadvantages.
For example, there is a greater chance that a website will be subject to an attack.
I'm afraid it's inevitable.

Personally, I'm glad that there are more people.
Of course I'd rather no one had to be here, but we all know what life is like.

Last edited:
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I can understand and sure things were somewhat different cause years ago this site actually felt like a community. Now sure that time has passed but like all things everything changes, evolves and despite that people still come here. Also in my own opinion FC wants this site to be more pro-death than pro-choice. They go on and on about this site being too different and how that affects 'actual' suicidal people according to them. But in all the posts I've read from FC I get the impression that they want a more pro-death approach to this site. Sure things were different cause it felt like the Wild West of the internet again, but sooner or later things were bound to change regardless. Not everyone agrees with everyone's opinions and beliefs and that reality was always going to come here whether we like it or not.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Even if that is the case it's not necessary for her to berate us every week about the endless decline. There was plenty of drama that happened before the video came out and she hasn't exactly been willing to make reasonable adjustments.

There was no shortage of antagonism on the subreddit. Perfection doesn't exist, but this place and that were a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Last edited:
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I think that's understandable, but I also feel like there's gotta be a more productive way to have this conversation, especially when it comes up basically every week here

Like… is there something specific members should be doing to make it better? Or is it just "no, this site is too mainstream now, it's over"? (And I hope that doesn't come across like sarcasm, I'm asking genuinely)

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I think that's understandable, but I also feel like there's gotta be a more productive way to have this conversation, especially when it comes up basically every week here

Like… is there something specific members should be doing to make it better? Or is it just "no, this site is too mainstream now, it's over"? (And I hope that doesn't come across like sarcasm, I'm asking genuinely)
I'll be honest, i don't know and i don't care,
i kinda lost my interest in this site.
i come here like once every 2 weeks

underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
This is more understandable for communities for things like tabletop or crafting or other life living hobbies but this site is a unique case. Can older members please understand that besides bad actors that try to take down sources everyone here is suicidal. There is no reason to make newer members feel like shit for a change they couldn't perceive.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
Even if that is the case it's not necessary for her to berate us every week about the endless decline. There was plenty of drama that happened before the video came out and she hasn't exactly been willing to make reasonable adjustments.

There was no shortage of antagonism on the subreddit. Perfection doesn't exist, but this place and that were a hell of a lot better than nothing.

I've seen many people being rude to her, it's not an excuse

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
Make it make sense then. You're complaining and not giving any feedback. Same with FC and her 10 threads a day about it. If the site is changing in a negative light then give feedback to make it better if you care that much to make a post about it.
"if you care that much to make a post" lol just because i made a post that took me like 1 minute doesn't mean i care.
I'm not obligated to give feedbacks
i made the thread because i felt like it, that's all there is to it. now stop talking to me

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
"if you care that much to make a post" lol just because i made a post that took me like 1 minute doesn't mean i care.
I'm not obligated to give feedbacks
i made the thread because i felt like it, that's all there is to it. now stop talking to me
Tbf if you don't want people to comment on it just stop responding and mute the thread 😅 its not that difficult like your not being held against your will

MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
More people means diluted quality. Oh well. Just look at older posts if you prefer them and reminisce.

This website is mostly for method advice anyhow. If it is less pleasant for socializing now, that does not really impact the purpose of the site.

Also in my own opinion FC wants this site to be more pro-death than pro-choice. They go on and on about this site being too different and how that affects 'actual' suicidal people according to them. But in all the posts I've read from FC I get the impression that they want a more pro-death approach to this site.
The site doesn't need to be pro-death, but the recovery section is nonsense. If people want "recovery" (whatever that means - recovery from what?) they can go...anywhere else. Spare the rest of us their sentimental drivel. The 18+ rule is likewise unfortunate. Minors are no more immune from the horridness of life than the rest of us. Still, I understand why the site did it for legal risk mitigation.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
The site doesn't need to be pro-death, but the recovery section is nonsense. If people want "recovery" (whatever that means - recovery from what?) they can go...anywhere else. Spare the rest of us their sentimental drivel. The 18+ rule is likewise unfortunate. Minors are no more immune from the horridness of life than the rest of us. Still, I understand why the site did it for legal risk mitigation.
I don't see the recovery section as nonsense. In my case, recovery doesn't work for me because, like you said "recovery from what" and the "from what" in my case is life itself. To me, death is my recovery from the cruelty of life itself. However, I still think that the recovery section here is good because some people here can be recovered from their issues and can therefore live a happy life. It seems like many suicidal people here are suicidal as a last resort and would rather live life if they didn't suffer enough from it. Of course there are exceptions to this such as FC but many suicidal people would probably choose life over death if they were able to.

This doesn't mean that we should force recovery upon everybody here as, in the end, that decision should be left to the individual but some people here have recovered. I'd personally say that, whilst recovery isn't for me, this site has the best recovery resources yet as it's far more nuanced than "just go to therapy" which is something that pro lifers like to say a lot. I genuinely believe that a lot of people even outside of this forum can benefit from the recovery related advice here as it's far better than what you get in society. If I were to choose recovery (which I don't think I ever will), I'd rather start my recovery journey on SaSu rather than anywhere else

Lastly, recovery isn't forced upon people here. There's an option in settings to block the recovery sub forum if you don't want to see it. The recovery section can easily be ignored

Oh also, I do agree with you regarding the minors part but unfortunately society are more biased to react intensely towards minors than towards adults hence here we are

Status
Not open for further replies.