TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Recently had a thought that I pondered about and it is about how pro-lifers expect people to endure the things that they themselves wouldn't. During the Covid19 pandemic (from early 2020-late 2022 or so) is a good example showing how people deal with the loss of freedom and autonomy due to lockdowns and such. I'm using this example because it best illustrates how most normies (by extension, majority of them are pro-lifers) behave and respond when faced with said restrictions and the reality of the pandemic curbing their pre-pandemic and normal lives. Also, I will be comparing this to certain shitty life predicaments to show the hypocrisy of pro-lifers. It is no surprise that pro-lifers are hypocritical, and this thread is just yet another good example using the pandemic as an example to expose pro-lifer hypocrisy and how pro-lifers simply cannot practice what they preach nor handle what they expect others to handle (perhaps worse than their 'temporary' loss of freedom and normal lifestyle).

So during the pandemic, especially in 2020, when the virus was still new and before vaccines were a thing, there were restrictions such as lockdowns, masking, and lots of changes that upended normal life, such as social distancing, cancellation of events, going virtual instead of in-person, and many more. Most normies and pro-lifers could barely even tolerate going for weeks (let alone months, or even over a year or more) of such dramatic change in their previous lives! Even during a small respite in the pandemic, sometime in mid 2021 (when people were vaccinated and such but before new variants of covid came about and made restrictions come back again until later in 2022), people are desperate to go back to their old lives and these are generally physically healthy, able-bodied people.

Now these same people (the normie masses and by extension, mostly pro-lifers) expect certain people in worse predicaments than them, usually the newly debilitated, handicapped, or impaired individuals to endure what is worse than what they face, but for a much longer (perhaps indefinite or until natural death) timespan, usually many years, decades, or even a lifetime of suffering (if the illness or impairment is severe enough) when they themselves (normies and pro-lifers') can barely (and most likely not) tolerate a few years (with temporary periods of respite) of major changes. That's where the hypocrisy lies in! In fact, I think most pro-lifers wouldn't last even a fraction of what they expect others' (in worse predicaments) to live through! They (pro-lifers) would likely give up or attempt to CTB if they were in such situations (or at least wishing they could).

In conclusion, I made this thread to highlight and show not only how hypocritical normies and pro-lifers are, but also explain about the difference in severity and their expectations for others in worse predicaments to "endure and suffer" through life when they themselves cannot even tolerate a shorter (temporary and with periods of respite) inconvenience and upheaval of their lifestyle. It's pretty infuriating to think about the situation itself. Does anyone else share similar sentiments?

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE, R_N and 6 others
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
I think that pro-life sentiment comes from how they see life as a series of challenges that can be overcome. It comes from the idea that, no matter how much we struggle, we are meant to get back up on our feet and keep moving about our lives. It's the simplistic idea that a change in mindset or some medication will be enough to fix everyone's lives. Pro-lifers focus on the healing; they fail to see the extent of the suffering happening in people's lives. Our struggles can be minimized, and thus, a disconnect is created between their minds and our lived experiences. Perhaps, there could be some common ground, if they took a step back to empathize with how we feel and sought to understand us, instead of constantly trying to fix us.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, frozensun, WAITING TO DIE and 6 others
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
For me they just live a mentally sheltered life. My first step into antinatalism was when I found youtube videos talking about the most tragic of deaths. I was like holy shit, it can get that bad??!!! If they understood it they wouldn't want to risk anyone else going through that. In short, they really don't know how bad it can get.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE, Hollowman and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
They certainly are very hypocritical, I actually believe that many of them would very likely change their insensitive views towards suicide if they ended up in a situation of much worse suffering as they would want to die themselves.

If someone else wants to continue existing or not, it's simply not their decison to make, nobody is obligated to suffer in this existence they were unfortunate enough to be burdened with.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, frozensun, Tobacco and 5 others
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
I think that pro-life sentiment comes from how they see life as a series of challenges that can be overcome. It comes from the idea that, no matter how much we struggle, we are meant to get back up on our feet and keep moving about our lives. It's the simplistic idea that a change in mindset or some medication will be enough to fix everyone's lives. Pro-lifers focus on the healing; they fail to see the extent of the suffering happening in people's lives. Our struggles can be minimized, and thus, a disconnect is created between their minds and our lived experiences. Perhaps, there could be some common ground, if they took a step back to empathize with how we feel and sought to understand us, instead of constantly trying to fix us.
Good points, pro-lifers fail to empathize with our suffering and only focus on the healing, and hence they always see us a problem to fix rather than understanding our circumstances in life sucks and sometimes there is no fixing shitty circumstances that exist in life. No amount of mindset change nor medication will make most other systemic issues change let alone disappear and if they continue to fail to understand that, then it would be hard to get them to even come to acknowledge reality.

For me they just live a mentally sheltered life. My first step into antinatalism was when I found youtube videos talking about the most tragic of deaths. I was like holy shit, it can get that bad??!!! If they understood it they wouldn't want to risk anyone else going through that. In short, they really don't know how bad it can get.
It's true and I feel a lot of pro-lifers generally lived fairly sheltered and privileged lives, and those who don't go under the some futile and banal mindset of trying until they make it, which induces a lot of suffering throughout the process for not much to be gained.

They certainly are very hypocritical, I actually believe that many of them would very likely change their insensitive views towards suicide if they ended up in a situation of much worse suffering as they would want to die themselves.

If someone else wants to continue existing or not, it's simply not their decison to make, nobody is obligated to suffer in this existence they were unfortunate enough to be burdened with.
I agree with the part that yes, a lot of them will certain change their view or at least be more tolerant towards others if they themselves or someone they know went through such suffering. It may be one of the reasons why for terminal illnesses such as late stage cancer, late stage ALS, and other ailments are more accepted/tolerated by society at large when those people (the terminally ill) choose death over suffering.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Tobacco, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
If they are happy with their lot in life, the best of luck to them. I would not grudge them their present pleasure; I just wish they could find it in them to afford us the charity of self determination.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, TAW122 and R_N
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes. The pro-life normies are weak.
They would soon break if they had to endure the suffering that many of us here have endured for years.

Reactions: tranquilexpiry, Praestat_Mori, TAW122 and 3 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
They would soon break if they had to endure the suffering that many of us here have endured for years.
The crazy fact is there is ALWAYS someone in worse situation than you can imagine. Someone has to endure even worse than us. Not just humans, animals are not excluded from this. They have the nervous system and feel pain.

I want everyone who spew motivational stuff like: "Everyone can be happy" to switch bodies with beings in worst of the situations. Lets see if they can follow their own magical words then. :)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, TAW122, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
If they are happy with their lot in life, the best of luck to them. I would not grudge them their present pleasure; I just wish they could find it in them to afford us the charity of self determination.
I think some may do so upon facing life changing circumstances that change their minds, but I think there are still many who will double down (sadly) on their beliefs.

Yes, I think that's true, a lot of them won't even last long experiencing even a fraction of what suicidal people go through.

The crazy fact is there is ALWAYS someone in worse situation than you can imagine. Someone has to endure even worse than us. Not just humans, animals are not excluded from this. They have the nervous system and feel pain.

I want everyone who spew motivational stuff like: "Everyone can be happy" to switch bodies with beings in worst of the situations. Lets see if they can follow their own magical words then. :)
Indeed, most pro-life normies can't even practice what they preach.

Reactions: R_N, Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE