• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bunni'sLullaby

Bunni'sLullaby

iterum occurremus ultra saturni circulis
Dec 3, 2023
My husband committed CBT a few months ago. I have struggled with my own mental health for over a decade; this has only exacerbated it. I have considered for months about how I don't want to be alive anymore. I have notes on my phone of means, method, where, how, etc. Because I can't bring myself to do it yet, I've been relapsing via self-harm, as childish as it feels. I dreamed about him again. It felt so real; he felt so real. I could feel the heat of his skin; I could hear his voice. I wrapped my arms around him, felt my face in the small place that resided between his shoulder and his neck. Oh my, the beauty in those freckles that rested on his shoulder blade; the ones that perfectly resembled the Big Dipper constellation during the spring; the same constellation that uncannily occurred during the astronomical Spring--during his birth month. I don't remember the last time I felt so happy, so content--so okay. Any more, I feel either empty and entirely disconnected from what has happened or I feel so overcome by grief that I'm not sure how I am supposed to go on.

I've been trying to find reasons to hold on: family, his sister, my doctoral dissertation. But, everything feel meaningless. As a 5'1, 104lb female, I've been trying to be considerate of my physical physique, if I did get to a point I seriously made efforts toward doing anything. I've been stalking the threads on SS for weeks now.

My first idea is driving off somewhere. There's a secluded park near my home; at night, no-one would be there. I considered covering all the windows, laying in the backseat of my car, placing a note in the window to call 911/I have goodbye notes in a specific drawer and using a .357 with JHP. Of course, a .357 is more powerful, with more recoil, and it can be difficult to shoot one-handed; so, despite how much I hate guns (especially after my husband's death), I know it can be helpful to look at practicing at a gun range). I've been told how a LCR .38 special +P uses less powder, is lighter, and has less recoil than a .357 but has a similar degree of power (aka could do the job). I'm sure by the time I fired, recoil wouldn't be an issue; however, I wouldn't want to f*** up. I also read not to use a snub. My husband CBT'd via firearm. I found him. I can never forget it; the way he looked, smelt, felt. Never. So, I haven't been able to bring myself to the idea of placing the gun in my mouth (though I've read that's the best way). Never aim under the chin. With this, I've noted that you want to place it behind the ear (or through; in a way that can directly hit the brainstem (as I want this to be as instant as possible; my husband shot above both ears with a federal round, and all I am terrified of is that he just laid there until he passed; though, if he did just lay there; I feel I deserve the same fate). I don't want it to be a complete disaster for my family afterwards (though none but my sister-in-law is nearby). I've looked into how big of a hole an .357 or .38 would leave. I can understand how being under the influence could become so easily a part of the choice to do what he did. He had been drinking when he made the choice to leave. I'm tired of coming home alone; he has become intertwined in everything I think about and everything I see.

I have also read that carbon monoxide is less damaging, less painful, but can potentially take a little while or can cause some potentially distressing symptoms via loss of oxygen over time, which could possibly be countered by sleeping medications. Since this requires a sealed space and may take a few hours, I would need to either entirely seal off my small home (w/ a planned note for neighbors to notify police) or to go out in the woods (where I know I wouldn't be disturbed). I have notes as to how do this, but I'm worried I wouldn't get it right and I would screw it up (though my worry also lies around SI, anyways).

I have also liked the idea of SN as it is painless and not really too distressing. Though, I know it will require a little time, too. I read not to drink alcohol (to reduce risk of vomiting) and to use things that help numb your mouth/throat (primarily due to the taste). The biggest thing is not to vomit; to fast ahead of time; don't drink anything. I know this method also requires a lot of timing; however, you won't have to worry about much if you do it right or lose consciousness. If I screw it up, the effects could be reversible as so I/people around me won't be screwed afterwards. While this has become my more preferred method (as for loved ones and lack of potential pain), gaining access to everything you need is a major issue. But, I would like to figure out a way to do so before it risks becoming illegal (U.S. location).

Advice?

Last edited:
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I can't offer advice but what I can say is I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a hole that I'm sad I will one day have to leave in my partner's life, but I'm sure you know all too well this life can be difficult to hold onto.

What are your other reasons driving you towards CTB?

Bunni'sLullaby

Bunni'sLullaby

Dec 3, 2023
I can't offer advice but what I can say is I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a hole that I'm sad I will one day have to leave in my partner's life, but I'm sure you know all too well this life can be difficult to hold onto.

What are your other reasons driving you towards CTB?
@nozomu,

I appreciate the condolences. As both someone who has been thinking of CBT and experienced being a suicide loss survivor, it feels like a double edged sword. There is the part of me that can express how much grief, shame, regret, feelings of rejection/abandonment, loneliness, anger, depression, fear, ect. that go along with this type of loss. My husband was also making very painful, hurtful, and reckless choices prior to his decision to leave; which has made the grief even more complex outside of being the one to find him and try to do something to save him (though I knew in the moment, a part of me anyhow, that It was too late). Nevertheless, I would rather deal with him at his worst than this, if it meant he was still here. On the other hand, I do not want to live anymore; so, I understand trying to find a way to CBT with loved ones in mind. I know how devastating this will be, yet I can't help but think about how I don't want to live anymore every day. If anything has kept me here as is, it is the thought of my parents finding me or my sister-in-law experiencing further grief by my death (as she already told me losing him was enough, but both of us?)

I don't feel any purpose in my life, despite whatever I do or what I "accomplish." While my husband's death has only made things worse, as I tried to tell him, I feel I have spent my entire life hoping things would improve. My entire life has felt consumed by loneliness, depression. self-harm, fear, anxiety, and so on--one disappointment after the next. I am tired of hoping things will get better; if I just wait a little longer, wait until I become a little older--it seems things somehow get worse and worse. If there is anything possibly worse than my husband's death to come, I do not want to be alive to see it. I'm sick of waiting for things to get better, only for them to get worse each time. It seems no matter what you say or how hard you try, it is meaningless in the end. Why keep trying if no mater what you do differently, you get the same result (if not worse) each time?

E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
My husband committed CBT a few months ago. I have struggled with my own mental health for over a decade; this has only exacerbated it. I have considered for months about how I don't want to be alive anymore. I have notes on my phone of means, method, where, how, etc. Because I can't bring myself to do it yet, I've been relapsing via self-harm, as childish as it feels. I dreamed about him again. It felt so real; he felt so real. I could feel the heat of his skin; I could hear his voice. I wrapped my arms around him, felt my face in the small place that resided between his shoulder and his neck. Oh my, the beauty in those freckles that rested on his shoulder blade; the ones that perfectly resembled the Big Dipper constellation during the spring; the same constellation that uncannily occurred during the astronomical Spring--during his birth month. I don't remember the last time I felt so happy, so content--so okay. Any more, I feel either empty and entirely disconnected from what has happened or I feel so overcome by grief that I'm not sure how I am supposed to go on.

I've been trying to find reasons to hold on: family, his sister, my doctoral dissertation. But, everything feel meaningless. As a 5'1, 104lb female, I've been trying to be considerate of my physical physique, if I did get to a point I seriously made efforts toward doing anything. I've been stalking the threads on SS for weeks now.

My first idea is driving off somewhere. There's a secluded park near my home; at night, no-one would be there. I considered covering all the windows, laying in the backseat of my car, placing a note in the window to call 911/I have goodbye notes in a specific drawer and using a .357 with JHP. Of course, a .357 is more powerful, with more recoil, and it can be difficult to shoot one-handed; so, despite how much I hate guns (especially after my husband's death), I know it can be helpful to look at practicing at a gun range). I've been told how a LCR .38 special +P uses less powder, is lighter, and has less recoil than a .357 but has a similar degree of power (aka could do the job). I'm sure by the time I fired, recoil wouldn't be an issue; however, I wouldn't want to f*** up. I also read not to use a snub. My husband CBT'd via firearm. I found him. I can never forget it; the way he looked, smelt, felt. Never. So, I haven't been able to bring myself to the idea of placing the gun in my mouth (though I've read that's the best way). Never aim under the chin. With this, I've noted that you want to place it behind the ear (or through; in a way that can directly hit the brainstem (as I want this to be as instant as possible; my husband shot above both ears with a federal round, and all I am terrified of is that he just laid there until he passed; though, if he did just lay there; I feel I deserve the same fate). I don't want it to be a complete disaster for my family afterwards (though none but my sister-in-law is nearby). I've looked into how big of a hole an .357 or .38 would leave. I can understand how being under the influence could become so easily a part of the choice to do what he did. He had been drinking when he made the choice to leave. I'm tired of coming home alone; he has become intertwined in everything I think about and everything I see.

I have also read that carbon monoxide is less damaging, less painful, but can potentially take a little while or can cause some potentially distressing symptoms via loss of oxygen over time, which could possibly be countered by sleeping medications. Since this requires a sealed space and may take a few hours, I would need to either entirely seal off my small home (w/ a planned note for neighbors to notify police) or to go out in the woods (where I know I wouldn't be disturbed). I have notes as to how do this, but I'm worried I wouldn't get it right and I would screw it up (though my worry also lies around SI, anyways).

I have also liked the idea of SN as it is painless and not really too distressing. Though, I know it will require a little time, too. I read not to drink alcohol (to reduce risk of vomiting) and to use things that help numb your mouth/throat (primarily due to the taste). The biggest thing is not to vomit; to fast ahead of time; don't drink anything. I know this method also requires a lot of timing; however, you won't have to worry about much if you do it right or lose consciousness. If I screw it up, the effects could be reversible as so I/people around me won't be screwed afterwards. While this has become my more preferred method (as for loved ones and lack of potential pain), gaining access to everything you need is a major issue. But, I would like to figure out a way to do so before it risks becoming illegal (U.S. location).

Advice?
I wish I was in USA 🇺🇸 where gun laws are more Liberal. Instead I'm in the uk

Bunni'sLullaby

Bunni'sLullaby

Dec 3, 2023
I wish I was in USA 🇺🇸 where gun laws are more Liberal. Instead I'm in the uk
I cannot express how many times I have considered taking advantage of U.S. gun laws; I literally hate guns, especially after my husband's death. Even now, I cannot bring myself to part with the gun he used or the clothes he wore (shoes to hat), regardless of the devastating pain it causes to relive seeing the blood stains. They terrify me, always have.

Considering what I experienced with my husband, I wish I could find a more easily accessible way to CBT with less violence. Especially when drinking, when my SI is decreased, I think I would take the opportunity, I'm sick and tired of empty hope. I don't want to do this anymore. I would like easier access to SN; less violent, takes a little more time (obviously than a firearm). But, it seems that the only thing holding me anymore is: my parents finding me, the guilt of experiencing CBT loss, or making my sister-in-law's pain worse.

Otherwise, I've already looked into the price of a .357 or .38, where to get it, and how to go about it. I think with several drinks, I could disinhibit my SI enough to do it (if I kept reminding myself that I deserved it, I deserved to experience what my husband did, and that I could just get it over with--get over the guilt that anything afterwards, I wouldn't be alive to experience or feel guilt for).

thedevilwithin

thedevilwithin

anima vestra
Oct 4, 2023
i'm sorry about your husband. seeing someone you love go is excruciating in every way.

hugs🖤

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm sorry you lost your husband.. sending you love

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It really sounds like you've suffered a lot, I understand why you'd just wish to be free from existing. But anyway I hope that you eventually find the peace you search for, best wishes.

LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
You should check out the night night method megathread. A blood choke sounds violent, and usually is in the typical context in which you would see it happen. But for the person on the receiving end of the choke, it is quite painless and quick.

If you surrender to the feeling, and get the placement of the neck tourniquet on the sweet spot (really easy to do after some experimentation) you will slip away in seconds. And be dead within minutes.

It will also leave your body in good condition. It's never good to find a body but, finding a clean body will be easier for a person to process than what you have had to deal with.

I'm sorry you went through this and I hope you can find some peace regardless of your choice.

N

notwavinbutdrowning

Jan 20, 2023
With death comes peace. For those that have passed.

We are mere mortals living in one dimension of which I believe there are many. Your husband is with you in spirit and you can choose to be with him in presence too.

Do what you want to do, life is too short (ironically) to keep on suffering for others. I would not recommend the night night method as I have personally found it so hard to achieve. Tried SN but can't control the vomitting and has led to complications. My current plan is to jump at Beachy head into the sea (uk). Body will be found but by professionals.

Ultimately I am truely sorry for your loss, grief is one of the worst emotions. Though it will pass, it doesn't make it easier.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
flowers in the mist

flowers in the mist

dances with demons
Aug 19, 2023
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss.
I can't begin to fathom what you must have gone through regarding that, and everything else in life.
I hope he is in a better place now. 🤍

I'm not really good at giving any advice but I think when it comes to methods, personal preference matters a lot.
If there was just one painless, easily obtainable, fool-proof method then everyone would probably do that.

I would just say do a lot of research if you decide to go through with things, but you probably knew that already.
I hope you'll be able to find some clarity.

Feel free to reach out if there's anything!