Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
With the recent shootings I've been reminded of Columbine. I realized I didn't know that much about it, not having the Internet when it happened. Then I realized I do now, and can research it. Two things came to mind. First, I know where these two guys were coming from, in terms of people being cruel. I had tormentors growing up. What I didn't have was a really close friend like these two guys had. Odd as it is to say. And I'll be honest. I fantasized in school, and even adult life, about being able to hurt them back. But mine was always something I knew could never be. Like having magic. Being able to get back, in a totally geek/nerd fantasy way. I never thought about really hurting anyone in real life. These two boys killed themselves after they were done. It got me thinking about my second thing, which is I don't think I've ever heard anyone here mention hurting anyone else as part of their CTB? I'm sure it wouldn't be tollerated if someone made light of it, or, tried to go own in an inappropriate way. But, if done right, I would guess expressing the thoughts would be acceptable. Though I think this group would advise strongly against it. The thing is, I think there are people who really deserve to have something bad happen to them. I just can't bring myself to do it.

• Love
Reactions: painoflife, throwaway123, DoneWithThis and 4 others
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
When I've seen this topic come up, most people here reacted with self righteous indignation about how wrong it is. But frankly, I think most humans are complete shit and I don't really have any sympathy anymore. I'm fairly apathetic about it.
I don't have the guts myself, but I can definitely appreciate where people like the Columbine shooters were coming from.

Reactions: Ramirez, DoneWithThis, TheGoodGuy and 2 others
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I think anyone who does want to do something like that would rather not bring it up here or anywhere for obvious reasons.

This world is cruel. I can understand why some would want revenge before they go.

Reactions: Socrates Augustus, Ramirez, TheGoodGuy and 2 others
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I think anyone who does want to do something like that would rather not bring it up here or anywhere for obvious reasons.

This world is cruel. I can understand why some would want revenge before they go.
I can too. And it's not something I can say anywhere else, so it's nice to be able to here. Still, it's not what I would want to do. And it's sure not what I want to be remembered for.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I can somewhat relate to this, especially someone who was wronged and wanting to seek revenge, or exact some justice before they go. I suppose the real reasons why it is discouraged (in addition to it being illegal) is the fact that may make our community look even worse and perhaps undo any progress we have. It gives the group (us here) a bad name and image. That isn't to say that I vehemently speak against it, it's just that I don't endorse it or condone it per se, but can understand the reasoning and logic behind it.

Reactions: Laststop
Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

Aug 6, 2019
I think wanting to hurt someone else, even fantasizing about hurting as many people as you can, is a perfectly normal feeling for any of us at any given time. Obsessing and planning to do...is a whole different level that %99 of us never rise to.
I was in my 30's when Columbine happened, I had a teenage daughter who was "different" and I understood what those young people were feeling. (There is an excellent documentary that Klebold's mother did).
Na, fantasizing about hurting other people is perfectly normal.

Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
I would never hurt anyone else, but for people who treated me especially badly, I have often had violent fantasies about them. My ex, for example, is borderline sociopathic and had a huge hand in destroying my life, while charming everyone. He works for an advertising agency here in town and once designed an ad for Mini Cooper. It had a dripping cupcake or something on it. Mini Cooper: you never forget your first. I was binging Dexter some time back, and had fantasies of taking him into a kill room, and letting him wake up to some classical music and an edited poster. Sociopaths name: you never forget your first.

Classic.

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I would never hurt anyone else, but for people who treated me especially badly, I have often had violent fantasies about them. My ex, for example, is borderline sociopathic and had a huge hand in destroying my life, while charming everyone. He works for an advertising agency here in town and once designed an ad for Mini Cooper. It had a dripping cupcake or something on it. Mini Cooper: you never forget your first. I was binging Dexter some time back, and had fantasies of taking him into a kill room, and letting him wake up to some classical music and an edited poster. Sociopaths name: you never forget your first.

Classic.
Yeah, Dexter was a great show. It made me see places inside myself I didn't know where there. Or, I related to his isolation within his true nature, if not all the murder and whatnot, lol.

• Love
Reactions: Etherealdignity333
Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
Yeah, Dexter was a great show. It made me see places inside myself I didn't know where there. Or, I related to his isolation within his true nature, if not all the murder and whatnot, lol.
Fuck yea. I hated the ending so much, but it was a hell of a ride.

Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

Aug 6, 2019
Always had a fascination with serial killers, but for some reason, I've not watched the first episode of Dexter. No good reason, I love binge watching good tv, just never interested in checking that show out.

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Fuck yea. I hated the ending so much, but it was a hell of a ride.
Totally! The ending was horrible. But what can you do?
Always had a fascination with serial killers, but for some reason, I've not watched the first episode of Dexter. No good reason, I love binge watching good tv, just never interested in checking that show out.
I honestly recommend it. A very interesting premise. Is it wrong, given his victims? Yes, I say it is. But go through the whole series and ask yourself!

Reactions: Etherealdignity333 and Tazmaniac
Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

Aug 6, 2019
Totally! The ending was horrible. But what can you do?

I honestly recommend it. A very interesting premise. Is it wrong, given his victims? Yes, I say it is. But go through the whole series and ask yourself!
Now your giving me something to live for? :-)

• Hugs
Reactions: Etherealdignity333 and Laststop
Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
Oh god! Give it a watch!! Also watch Mindhunters. It's based off a book of the same name written by the guy who pioneered behavioral profiling for the FBI.

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Oh god! Give it a watch!! Also watch Mindhunters. It's based off a book of the same name written by the guy who pioneered behavioral profiling for the FBI.
Also great! So damn slow getting the next season though!

Reactions: Etherealdignity333
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
With the recent shootings I've been reminded of Columbine. I realized I didn't know that much about it, not having the Internet when it happened. Then I realized I do now, and can research it. Two things came to mind. First, I know where these two guys were coming from, in terms of people being cruel. I had tormentors growing up. What I didn't have was a really close friend like these two guys had. Odd as it is to say. And I'll be honest. I fantasized in school, and even adult life, about being able to hurt them back. But mine was always something I knew could never be. Like having magic. Being able to get back, in a totally geek/nerd fantasy way. I never thought about really hurting anyone in real life. These two boys killed themselves after they were done. It got me thinking about my second thing, which is I don't think I've ever heard anyone here mention hurting anyone else as part of their CTB? I'm sure it wouldn't be tollerated if someone made light of it, or, tried to go own in an inappropriate way. But, if done right, I would guess expressing the thoughts would be acceptable. Though I think this group would advise strongly against it. The thing is, I think there are people who really deserve to have something bad happen to them. I just can't bring myself to do it.

The thing is , the kids Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed had nothing to do with their bullying or any thing cruel

The two shooter's went around and killed any one who got in their path , not just the people who tormented them

I know people can lose their temper , but what they did was wrong

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I understand where you're coming from OP - I certainly fantasized about hurting people who bullied me too when I was younger. As the years went on though, I prefferred to hurt myself instead lol.

I'm still going to advise against it. One key aspect of my CTB-plan is to make the pain end with me, not to pass it on.

• Aww..
S

S5E51mbB

2+2=5
Apr 1, 2019
The thing is , the kids Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed had nothing to do with their bullying or any thing cruel

The two shooter's went around and killed any one who got in their path , not just the people who tormented them

I know people can lose their temper , but what they did was wrong
It's not right even if they solely targetted those that hurt them. The point of the thread is to discuss those feelings of wanting to hurt those who've hurt you before your time is up. Don't think anyone's actually advocating for killing people before ctbing.

Reactions: Now_And_Then and Laststop
Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

Aug 6, 2019
Part of what makes us suicidal is not being able to talk about what we are feeling, no matter what that feeling is...it's okay to have any and all feelings...they are YOURS! Stop telling yourself what you feel makes you so different you can't be loved.
We all have some really fucked up thoughts, every one of us.
I think the news the past few days has been interest in the fact that the media has stopped glorifying the shooters by repeating their name over and over, and not constantly having their photo up, that IS glorification.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Makes sense to me. Not as a form of revenge, but a way of giving them an incentive to kill me. Give them a choice between doing nothing to experience pain/suffering, or dispose of me to not experience pain/suffering.

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
It's not right even if they solely targetted those that hurt them. The point of the thread is to discuss those feelings of wanting to hurt those who've hurt you before your time is up. Don't think anyone's actually advocating for killing people before ctbing.

I agree with you

Murder as a whole is wrong

I am just correcting those many people who do think that Eric Harris and Dylan Kleebold specifically targeted those who did the bullying , when they didn't

Kids do tease and bully in school , it isn't right , but that doesn't mean that they can't change later in life

Eric Harris and Dylan Kleebold used that in my opinion as an excuse to be violent in what was to them a ' cool ' way

Just watch their home videos and read their diaries , et c , to get , in my opinion , a good idea what kind of people they were

disableddoll

disableddoll

Jul 2, 2019
Reminds me of a shooting close to home at Great Mills High School in saint Mary's. The boy just wanted to kill his ex then himself. Left the community still grieving

• Aww..