FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's really something so horrible to force life into this reality, all that those who procreate are doing is just creating unnecessary problems and suffering. There's so much cruelty in the act of procreating as once one exists they have the ability to suffer so extremely in this existence that is undeniably so harmful.
Nobody can say that life is "good" when all through chance someone can end up experiencing the most extreme agony.

The only compassionate outcome is to not procreate, as nobody can be harmed by never existing at all, if one never exists they cannot mourn for how they lack the ability to suffer. Those who procreate are ultimately responsible for all the suffering that individual will experience in this cruel and futile existence, it really is tragic how many humans lack the compassion not to so selfishly impose existence, only never existing is perfection.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, doormat25, sserafim and 9 others
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
The only explanation I can find for people continuing to reproduce are deeply ingrained evolutionary/genetic biases towards reproduction. Not even intense suffering can convince some people since I've seen users of this forum state that the world is worth continuing because other people will have happy lives.

Reactions: Deleted member 8975, Daxter_87 and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Yeah. There is plenty of cruelty and suffering that people choose to ignore because they are able to surround themselves with copium and put the blanket on the rest of the world.

They are unaware of the bigger picture and the amount of ignorant things I heard back in the day from some people was unreal to me.

Reactions: doormat25 and sserafim
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
I'm not really a huge fan of this take, because whilst you say 'nobody can be harmed by never existing at all', you intentionally ignore that if you don't procreate, nobody can ever experience joy, because they never existed. Is it fair to prevent the positivity present in the lives of the majority of the populace just to 'save' a small percentage of the population from their negative experiences? At what point can you say that the opportunity cost of preventing people from experiencing joy is outweighed by the benefit of not letting others experience pain??

It seems to me as if your opinion is the very antithesis of what this site advocates for a lot of the time (a 'pro-choice' view of things.) Would it not be fairer to continue to reproduce, allow those who are happy to thrive, and those who are not to die if they desire?

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
It is an interesting idea to consider the morality of procreation, but pragmatically it is a moot point. People will have sex. People will make babies. There is no path where we will change that on a global scale. A more productive use of our energy may be better spent looking for ways to make the world a better place for those whom exist now and in the future.

Reactions: thewalkingdread and Forever Sleep