Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
The 'nobody choose to be born' argument is so weak. I mean there is nothing to combat it with so I will give you that, but the implication behind that statement that it equals that everyone was born against their will is ridiculous.

It's one of those easy arguments that benefit your point of view so you use it because you know there is no proof to counter it.

Reactions: Misanthrope, a_strange_day, Woodnote and 1 other person
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
The point is: nonexistence harms no-one, existence harms everyone, even if your life goes as well as it can practically go. Also, the severe suffering of one sentient being is not worth any of the happy happy joy joys you seem to love.

You choose to bring children into this world well aware of the suffering that would await them, including death. Now you are on a suicide forum planning to leave them your melting heart?

Do you lack a conscience?
I don't have children?!! I thought this was a pro- choice forum not an antinatalist one. Trying to force it on other people is like trying to forth your religion down someone. I guess I still feel like life does still have some intrinsic value. That is why I would abhor a school shooter say- who kills hundreds of people to the kill himself. He thinks life has no value. But I think it does. Just because I don't want mine, I don't want my friends to die, they love their lives, I wouldn't want to take that away from them. This is literally just my own opinion. I am not suggesting you or anyone else should change theirs. I guess I just felt like sharing my own thoughts. In the future I will avoid all antinalist threads. It's not for me. And I say this coming from someone that has suffered a fair bit & was told as a child that they wish I'd never been born. For me I wish my life would have been different, not that all birth has value. And the philosopher that came up with the concept really should have just topped himself as soon as he constructed the idea- as according to the concept all life is meaningless and no life has value whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: a_strange_day and Woodnote
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
The 'nobody choose to be born' argument is so weak. I mean there is nothing to combat it with so I will give you that, but the implication behind that statement that it equals that everyone was born against their will is ridiculous.

It's one of those easy arguments that benefit your point of view so you use it because you know there is no proof to counter it.
This whole paragraph is ridiculous. It's like talking to a wall

Reactions: UninformedLover, AnnaJaspers and TotallyIsolated
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I agree with WhyIsLife56 and AnnaJaspers that being born is fundamentally a violation and its important to remember that, but if I'm honest I can't deny that it's possible that life can be enjoyed.

I find the possibly dispassionate view that life is unremarkable and meaningless to be comforting. Life isn't precious, its just sort of a cosmic accident.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers and Skathon
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
The apocalypse / extinction is inevitable. It could happen at any time. I personally imagine that the humanity will confront a huge massacre about 50% to 70% of total population (Because of any reason) and the rest of the humanity will handle only a few decades of resistance until a global catastrophe happens to all the planet. Then the nature will judge us for murder our world. So I enjoy all my last days on this side until the apocalypse occurs.

Reactions: NitriteAnatomy and MeltingHeart
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019

Informed consent is important, as is a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. The two collide when she chooses to have a baby. How does one reconcile the two principles? Discuss.

You make it sound like its simplistic or childish. It really isn't.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers and WhyIsLife56
M

Manja

Can't wait to die
Nov 27, 2019
Nah. I like humanity and all its flaws. Without it everything we know becomes nothing & everything that has a little bit of value becomes worthless.
You're being sarcastic?

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
The main thing that interests me about your beliefs is the statement that everyone suffers in some way. Could you elaborate on that?

It's probably where we mainly disagree because right now I don't really see it.
You're being sarcastic?

Why do you think I am?

Reactions: Woodnote
justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
iu

Not quite extinction and for different reasons, but still billions to go - the fuckers at the top are way ahead of you.

Reactions: NitriteAnatomy
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
The main thing that interests me about your beliefs is the statement that everyone suffers in some way. Could you elaborate on that?

It's probably where we mainly disagree because right now I don't really see it.
Why do people drink alcohol? Why do people complain about things all the time? Why vent to people? Why listen to music? Why make music? Why does depression exist? Why do any kind of mental illness exist?
Why are you on this forum??

Reactions: AnnaJaspers
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Closed to give everyone chance to take a breath and consider the opinions of others.

Reactions: voyager, Circles, Ness and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.