Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
I find myself asking, "What friends?" as well. Lonely world we live in when we have no support system! *shrugs* whatever.

Reactions: serah
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
I do have a small circle of friends, but my role in the group is always the "funny one". I have to constantly hide the way I actually feel and always have to crack a joke regardless of how shitty I feel that day. I wish they could be more understanding.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I have two friends left. Over the past 3 years, I've stepped away from social media. Only my IG page is up, and that's because I liked coming across drawing people did of past photos of me. I have pulled away from everyone, these two people have gone months without responses from and will still send random memes, and I hope you're doing okay, miss ya buddy etc. I'm a lot closer with one than the other. He's my best friend, and I wish wasn't dying from suicide because of our friendship. I wish it was some terminal sickness, so I could prepare him for my death like people do when they know they're gonna die. I wish I'd be able to tape a video saying goodbye and not feel guilt or shame just so he'd have something from me.

Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I have some friends (perhaps acquaintances are more accurate) but none are close, partly due to my personality, and partly due to my trust issues that stems from being betrayed twice from people who I considered best friends. It makes me really hard to open up with others, which ironically means they'll also never feel close to me.

D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
What friends? :pfff: Ok, so the very small amount I guess I can call friends I don't talk to anymore. I rarely talk to anyone outside of here except my mom. I find friendship overwhelming at times, I struggle to keep up conversation partly because I have nothing to talk about outside of mental illness and suicide. I don't DO normal things. I like the idea of friends but not the reality.

Same here. I've ghosted nearly everyone I know, yet I can't say I regret it. I just don't know how to make "better friends." Unfortunately, suicide, depression, and trauma are acceptable topics of conversation only if you've overcome them. Sure, I can talk about somewhat interesting stuff from my past, but it's exhausting to be grasping for something new to talk about. And I think having been so disappointed by various people, I don't have the incentive to put myself out there again, trying to develop social skills or enough depth to talk about a hobby, especially when those things don't really indicate whether you find understanding and non-fair-weather friends.

I'd PM myself, which wouldn't require any pressure to reply in a timely matter, but that'd require an alt account and I'd be banned. :)

in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
I'm the annoying friend.

I don't think my friends like me much, and I bring down the mood when I'm there. I love my friends more than they'll ever like me.

theyre also exclusively online.