• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I was reading a lot of eastern literature about burial. It seems it's common in the west and east to have some sort of procedure done after the person dies. I thought it was silly until I realized that the thinking behind it is that this helps the person on the other side attain peace. In some traditions they sing hymns for three days as that correlates with the persons transition to the other side. I'm just curious what you guys think?

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I find these rituals kind of nice. It shows at least some respect.
Getting burried in my country is too expensive, guess I ll be cremated.

Groot

Groot

16 lines to make me feel fine
Mar 27, 2024
I was reading a lot of eastern literature about burial. It seems it's common in the west and east to have some sort of procedure done after the person dies. I thought it was silly until I realized that the thinking behind it is that this helps the person on the other side attain peace. In some traditions they sing hymns for three days as that correlates with the persons transition to the other side. I'm just curious what you guys think?
I would hate to be buried or cremated, I'd want my body to go back into the earth, at least then I've given something back a little, I'd want the fungus to consume by body or if in the sea I'd want the animals to consume my body

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I would hate to be buried or cremated, I'd want my body to go back into the earth, at least then I've given something back a little, I'd want the fungus to consume by body or if in the sea I'd want the animals to consume my body
Same

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I would rather be cremated and have my ashes made into a diamond, some kind of jewelry, or scattered into the sea. Decomposition is disgusting

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Composting remains is a new trend. You can also donate your body to science. 🤷‍♀️
I would rather be cremated and have my ashes made into a diamond, some kind of jewelry, or scattered into the sea. Decomposition is disgusting
Cemeteries are a very unique business model, and typically the assets are held in a trust. Depending on the cemetery, some have a lease contract for the cemetery plot and some have the option to buy the land rights:

1. Leasing: You essentially rent the plot for a specific period of time, typically 99 years. Once the lease expires, the remains may need to be relocated, or the lease may be renewed if available.

2. Buying the Rights to the Land: This option involves purchasing the plot outright, giving you perpetual ownership of the land. You have control over the plot for perpetuity and your family may use it for generations to come.

Cemeteries involve very niche accounting.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Groot and sserafim
BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Being mummified would be cool, or shellacked like those Japanese monks.
Being rubberized is also cool.
All of these ideas are impractical. But I find them entertaining.
In reality i suppose I'll be cremated for cost reduction purposes.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
somewhere far away in the wilderness, without a coffin so that i would turn back to dust. just sounds peaceful to me

Reactions: DizzyFolfy
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
I'm inclined to cremation. For those left behind me, do as you see fit. That said, I can see the benefit of defining what you want. Displacing that to those who pick up the pieces is a way of pushing that on others.

Sidebar:
My partner still has the ashes of his mother in the closet. I feel that is largely because she wasn't clear what she wanted and my bf doesn't have the capacity to figure that out.

With that in mind, I'd like to say more clearly... I want my ashes spread in the ocean or primary river in my region.

Reactions: sserafim
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
Thrown into the valley outside of Jerusalem which was perpetually on fire. The one Jesus talked about in reference to Hell

• Wow
Groot

Groot

16 lines to make me feel fine
Mar 27, 2024

Composting remains is a new trend. You can also donate your body to science. 🤷‍♀️

Cemeteries are a very unique business model, and typically the assets are held in a trust. Depending on the cemetery, some have a lease contract for the cemetery plot and some have the option to buy the land rights:

1. Leasing: You essentially rent the plot for a specific period of time, typically 99 years. Once the lease expires, the remains may need to be relocated, or the lease may be renewed if available.

2. Buying the Rights to the Land: This option involves purchasing the plot outright, giving you perpetual ownership of the land. You have control over the plot for perpetuity and your family may use it for generations to come.

I just looked into composing, it looks so good but not legal in UK ugh :(

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I just looked into composing, it looks so good but not legal in UK ugh :(
I'm sorry to hear that. I know in parts of the US it's gaining popularity.
This is much, much more rare, but some people actually do space funerals. I know that's probably not your thing but it's just an interesting concept.

• Informative
Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Cremated, I don't want my body being eaten by bugs and rot away and my ashes will be with my other family.

SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Bringing out the Dead and Searching for the Living
Apr 12, 2023
I'll be dead so honestly I don't care, and I just want whatever leaves the smallest pollution/footprint.

However, I understand people will grieve and a funeral is part of that. So I would say something small. No embalming or any of that shit.

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
I'd like cremation and my ashes thrown to the nearest trash can but if I wrote a will like that I know they would disregard it as mentally ill nonsense and do the burial anyways. What I hate about getting buried in a cemetery is having my name curved in stone for an indefinite amount of time. In the country where I live, there's also an issue of segregating cemeteries into different sections based on religious affiliation and I don't have a religion so I don't know where my corpse would be thrown to, and I'd rather not participate in that absurd corpses' selection.