• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Maybe I am posting too many rate this or that threads. But noone is obliged to read or interact with them.
These scales or often not that precise. For more accuracy there had to be definitions. For me this would be more work. But due to less restrictions the people can better express their feelings maybe. Maybe to give your reasoning why you chose that number. Why exactly this and not another one? And what is means to you.

For me the rating of this year is heavily influenced by the comparison with past years. So the scale does not apply to an average life with average life quality. Maybe to a small extent but mostly it is a comparison of my past years.

On a scale 1-10. 1 is extremely horrible and horror like 24/7 with barely any breaks.

So 2018 was a 1. My second psychosis, extreme psychosomatic pain, acute suicidality, clinic stays, extreme nightmarish pain and suffering

So 2019 was a 1,5. A little bit less pain but so many humiliations, still extreme pain, extreme desperation with very desperate attempts to get a grip on myself again. Being fired despite the fact my extreme hard work that I put in. And the result was people spit in my face for it. (metaphorically)

So 2020. A 2,5. The desperation led to a mixed bipolar episode. I am not sure whether this is fully correct but it makes the most sense retrospectively. The mixed epsiode was extremely painful. I was severely agitated. I was this the two prior years already. But the impulse to find a way to get a stable income increased in an extreme way. The pressure I put on myself went through the roof and became kind of extremely insane high. Two therapists gave me up. My friends were very concerned because when I met them I had verbal diarrhea. To be honest I feel so sorry for myself that I had to go through all of this pain. Why was this year still better? The mixed episode resulted in the end of my severe psychosomatic pain. Though when I realize how much insanely extreme pain I went through my determination to kill myself after the next psychosis/ mania increases a lot. The pain was unimaginable and I just cannot cope with this shit again. It lasted so fucking long. Admittedly I did not take the proper medication for a long time which increased the pain for sure. But I fear the medication will not prevent a new epsiode forever. But medication is for sure one of my biggest hopes.

So 2021 a 4. First attempt to work failed completely. Though I was very thankful that the psychosomatic pain and agitation disappeared. Started university again. I almost left college a couple of times because I felt mentally very manic. But I stabilized. And I am thankful my therapists supported me during that time.

So 2022. I think a 4,5. No agitation, no psychosomatic pain. I could stop some medication (slowly) with very nasty side effects which increased my life quality. I am very happy that I could quit them without relapsing. I am extremely self-disciplined in college which is good for my grades but bad for my life quality. I still think compared to people with average lives my life quality is very bad. But for me there is progress for sure compared to the nightmare years that I described prior in this post. However there is always this extreme anxiety that this unimaginable pain returns. I prepare my suicide for that. I am so anxious that all of this repeats. I ruminate daily that I might be able to postpone a relapse but I think sooner or later there will be probably one. I worry a lot. Also about my financials, the health of my mom. Her death would also force me to commit suicide very quickly. I could not go on with college without her financial aid.

So I could imagine 2023 might be the year of my suicide. I think it is not that likely. But not impossible for sure. The stroke of my mom was frightening as fuck. She seemingly does not want to change her life. I sometimes have the feeling my life is a time bomb. But this metaphor is not perfect. I try to fix things. I try to improve but then suddenly another bad thing happens which I could not anticipate (of course also not prevent).

I did not imagine this thread became so long. But that's it.
I hope for the best but I try to be prepared for the worst. Not sure if that motto is really healthy but that's my approach to life.

Last edited:
S

SaylorTwift

Dec 16, 2022
I'll give 2022 a 1 since it's the year that finally broke me. Will probably be my last year.

• Aww..
Reactions: StolenLife
aforestfire

aforestfire

"for truly, i am no longer a part of the world."
Dec 17, 2022
Maybe I am posting too many rate this or that threads. But noone is obliged to read or interact with them.
These scales or often not that precise. For more accuracy there had to be definitions. For me this would be more work. But due to less restrictions the people can better express their feelings maybe. Maybe to give your reasoning why you chose that number. Why exactly this and not another one? And what is means to you.

For me the rating of this year is heavily influenced by the comparison with past years. So the scale does not apply to an average life with average life quality. Maybe to a small extent but mostly it is a comparison of my past years.

On a scale 1-10. 1 is extremely horrible and horror like 24/7 with barely any breaks.

So 2018 was a 1. My second psychosis, extreme psychosomatic pain, acute suicidality, clinic stays, extreme nightmarish pain and suffering

So 2019 was a 1,5. A little bit less pain but so many humiliations, still extreme pain, extreme desperation with very desperate attempts to get a grip on myself again. Being fired despite the fact my extreme hard work that I put in. And the result was people spit in my face for it. (metaphorically)

So 2020. A 2,5. The desperation led to a mixed bipolar episode. I am not sure whether this is fully correct but it makes the most sense retrospectively. The mixed epsiode was extremely painful. I was severely agitated. I was this the two prior years already. But the impulse to find a way to get a stable income increased in an extreme way. The pressure I put on myself went through the roof and became kind of extremely insane high. Two therapists gsve me up. My friends were very concerned because when I met them I had verbal diarrhea. To be honest I feel so sorry for myself that I had to go through all of this pain. Why was this year still better? The mixed episode resulted in the end of my severe psychosomatic pain. Though when I realize how much insanely extreme pain I went through my determination to kill myself after the next psychosis/ mania increases a lot. The pain was unimaginable and I just cannot cope with this shit again. It lasted so fucking long. Admittedly I did not take the proper medication for a long time which increased the pain for sure. But I fear the medication will not prevent a new epsiode forever. But medication is for sure one of my biggest hopes.

So 2021 a 4. First attempt to work failed completely. Though I was very thankful that the psychosomatic pain and agitation disappeared. Started university again. I almost left college a couple of times because I felt mentally very manic. But I stabilized. And I am thankful my therapists supported me during that time.

So 2022. I think a 4,5. No agitation, no psychosomatic pain. I could stop some medication (slowly) with very nasty side effects which increased my life quality. I am very happy that I could quit them without relapsing. I am extremely self-disciplined in college which is good for my grades but bad for my life quality. I still think compared to people with average lives my life quality is very bad. But for me there is progress for sure compared to the nightmare years that I described prior in this post. However there is always this extreme anxiety that this unimaginable pain returns. I prepare my suicide for that. I am so anxious that all of this repeats. I ruminate daily that I might be able to postpone a relapse but I think sooner or later there will be probably one. I am worry a lot. Also about my financials, the health of my mom. Her death would also force me to commit suicide very quickly. I could not go on with college without her financial aid.

So I could imagine 2023 might be the year of my suicide. I think it is not that likely. But not impossible for sure. The stroke of my mom was frightening as fuck. She seemingly does not want to change her life. I sometimes have the feeling my life is a time bomb. But this metaphor is not perfect. I try to fix things. I try to improve but then suddenly another bad thing happens which I could not anticipate (of course also not prevent).

I hope for the best but I try to be prepared for the worst. Not sure if that motto is really healthy but that's my approach to life.
1,2. this year was the year that my mental health got down hill, i became more isolated, my addiction got WAY worse, the fact that i ruined my own future finally hit me. the ",2" is because i drowned myself in fiction (movies, books, tv shows, etc etc) and it made everything more bearable.

2022 is definitely the year that i accepted that i need to die.

LilaMond

LilaMond

I wish I knew how it would feel to be free
Dec 25, 2021
I'm sorry :( I'm hoping that something good can come out of CTB. I've read scientific articles that support reincarnation, so maybe I'll get a better shot at life next time around.
Thank you for your words. I once "believed" in reincarnation but left the thought altogether with any "religiousness" (which is weird, as I still catch myself "praying" for example when I am in sleep paralysis. I found, that only "praying" helped me through and out of the sleep paralysis state. Which is weird, as I am not praying or religious in daily life). But I hope for you, that if you get the chance to reincarnate -no matter when or why that will be- you will start with more "convenient" conditions (sorry if my wording sounds weird - english is my second language).

• Love
Reactions: SaylorTwift
S

SaylorTwift

Dec 16, 2022
Thank you for your words. I once "believed" in reincarnation but left the thought altogether with any "religiousness" (which is weird, as I still catch myself "praying" for example when I am in sleep paralysis. I found, that only "praying" helped me through and out of the sleep paralysis state. Which is weird, as I am not praying or religious in daily life). But I hope for you, that if you get the chance to reincarnate -no matter when or why that will be- you will start with more "convenient" conditions (sorry if my wording sounds weird - english is my second language).
Thank you very much. That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in months.

The reincarnation I talk about is backed by science; it is not religious per se. This article is a good example: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...112/evaluating-the-evidence-reincarnation?amp

Some researchers claim that we are reborn as new people when we die, based on cases of small children remembering past lives. Sometimes I dream about being reborn as the child of Taylor Swift :)

• Yay!
Reactions: LilaMond
LilaMond

LilaMond

I wish I knew how it would feel to be free
Dec 25, 2021
Thank you very much. That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in months.

The reincarnation I talk about is backed by science; it is not religious per se. This article is a good example: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...112/evaluating-the-evidence-reincarnation?amp

Some researchers claim that we are reborn as new people when we die, based on cases of small children remembering past lives. Sometimes I dream about being reborn as the child of Taylor Swift :)
Thanks for the link. I'll read it now! ...and regarding your dreams about being reborn as Taylor Swifts child: I hope you don't misunderstand me, when I say that, that is such a funny thought. Funny in the sense that I would have never imagined, thinking about Taylor Swift, let alone her future child on a platform "dedicated"to or contemplating ctb. xD. But I can imagine it to be quite a nice start into life, as her child :)

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
In my case, the lowest number. Existing will always be horrible to me, no matter what happens. I just despise existing so much and I'm always wishing to die so how could I rate my year anything but the lowest number. There is no value to existing, instead there are only ways in which to suffer and it's a curse having to be aware of all this. Existence is certainly something that I wish I never ever had to experience at all and I hate the fact that I've managed to prolong this for another year, but the sad and dreadful thing is that I will likely still be here even next year.

StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
A 4 or 5, in my case. I started out the year nearly losing my job, and being suspended from work for over three months. I made the most of it however, and finally found effective treatment for my psychosis. Though I'm still sick with other ailments, the difference has been night-and-day.

I also decided I wouldn't kill myself for now. Not till the pain is unbearable, or everyone's forgotten about me.

Reactions: firesteak
Zegers

Zegers

Misfit
Dec 15, 2021
Better financially, but on the health side it's downhill. If it wasn't for the physical injury and barely social life It could be like 4.5

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
2 or 3. It's bad but, y'know... it could always get worse.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
0, because any year that I am alive is a shit year. However, i'll say 0 because my depression caused me to lose all interest in my hobbies and the jealousy consumes as the days go on.

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

đź‘»
Nov 5, 2020
I put in a 10 in terms of effort but considering I'm now back home returning to the same workplace I left last year but for a better paying role… IDK, probably a 2 or 3 is what I got.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

So 2020. A 2,5. The desperation led to a mixed bipolar episode. I am not sure whether this is fully correct but it makes the most sense retrospectively. The mixed epsiode was extremely painful. I was severely agitated. I was this the two prior years already. But the impulse to find a way to get a stable income increased in an extreme way. The pressure I put on myself went through the roof and became kind of extremely insane high. Two therapists gave me up. My friends were very concerned because when I met them I had verbal diarrhea. To be honest I feel so sorry for myself that I had to go through all of this pain. Why was this year still better? The mixed episode resulted in the end of my severe psychosomatic pain. Though when I realize how much insanely extreme pain I went through my determination to kill myself after the next psychosis/ mania increases a lot. The pain was unimaginable and I just cannot cope with this shit again. It lasted so fucking long. Admittedly I did not take the proper medication for a long time which increased the pain for sure. But I fear the medication will not prevent a new epsiode forever. But medication is for sure one of my biggest hopes.

So 2022. I think a 4,5. No agitation, no psychosomatic pain. I could stop some medication (slowly) with very nasty side effects which increased my life quality. I am very happy that I could quit them without relapsing. I am extremely self-disciplined in college which is good for my grades but bad for my life quality. I still think compared to people with average lives my life quality is very bad. But for me there is progress for sure compared to the nightmare years that I described prior in this post. However there is always this extreme anxiety that this unimaginable pain returns. I prepare my suicide for that. I am so anxious that all of this repeats. I ruminate daily that I might be able to postpone a relapse but I think sooner or later there will be probably one. I worry a lot. Also about my financials, the health of my mom. Her death would also force me to commit suicide very quickly. I could not go on with college without her financial aid.

I don't really know honestly, I thought my life was as bad as it could get in 2021 and I was so wrong because 2022 has been even worse. I feel so numb and speechless and I don't even know how I ended up with a even worse year than all the ones prior. Hard to fathom and grasp. Hard to understand that this all really happened to me.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
about 3. I want to say 1 though because I actively want to take my life now it has ended and didn't feel that way in 2021.

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
It feels wrong giving this year anything above a 1 but fuck it, I'll give it a 2 since I was heavily self medicated for the first 3 months of the year. Otherwise, I would say that this year is ending with things having devolved further than the year before it. So much instability and suffering without relief or release. The only happenings of this year are me growing more desperate than the year before and losing the will to play gratitude games.

lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
Worst year of my life hands down. It destroyed me completely. There's no going back. Game over. But it's hard to rate because as we all know, things could always get even worse.

firesteak

firesteak

Some goodbyes set you free
Dec 31, 2022
Lets see... barely spoke to my wife this year. When we did its an argument. I didn't find much work this year. Marriage has been sexless for years. Mental health has hit new lows. I want to rate it a 1 but, so far this year ive lost a friend who got shot in the head in front of one of my houses in a police shoot out (innocent bystander)And my favorite uncle is beyond sick and will be unplugged on Saturday.

Reactions: lachrymost
CuteThing

CuteThing

i order the same subway every time i go to subway
Mar 22, 2023
honestly 2022 for me was a blast all the way, sadly i fucked everything on december, because of that i will give it a 7, still probably the best year of my life and i hope everyone here have a 10/10 2023

E

Emmadner

Jan 3, 2023
I would say a solid 1. It's the year my world collapsed and when I realised I can't keep living the way I have been living

Toji

Toji

waste away with me
Mar 24, 2023
2017 - 1/10
2018 - 2/10
2019 - 2/10
2020 - 4/10
2021 - 4/10
2022 - 3/10
2023 - 3/10 so far.

honestly i can't really feel anything anymore i've become so numb from the constant pain sometimes i laugh and have fun but the majority of the time i feel nothing i haven't been able to cry for years i wish i could but i can't.

SatouR

SatouR

Spiraling into insanity
Mar 29, 2023
Would say 3/10 for 2022
2019 broke me can´t feel anything since then
2023 is a 2/10 so far

MentalStefan

MentalStefan

Loser
Jul 3, 2022
It was a year when my situation changed dynamically so an arithmetical mean wouldn't describe it precisely. I'll rate every month separately instead.

1/10 for months from January to May
5/10 for June
5,5/10 for from July to September
6,5/10 for October
3/10 for November
1/10 for December

So an arithemetic average is about 3/10. It wasn't a bad year overall. In fact it hasn't been a better year for me since 2008.

Last edited: