• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Japanese business workers expected to work 12+ hours a day, passing out on the side of the street routinely from exhaustion:
www.businessinsider.com

Striking photos of businessmen sleeping on dirty streets reveal Japan's tireless work culture

Almost every night for two years photographer Pawel Jaszczuk captured Japanese businessmen sleeping in public to document Japan's culture of overwork.
www.businessinsider.com
www.businessinsider.com
Amphetamine abuse rampant to cope with the work:
www.opendemocracy.net

Japan, the place with the strangest drug debate in the world

Despite its relatively low drug abuse figures, the Japanese system is failing to treat addicts.
www.opendemocracy.net
www.opendemocracy.net
Real wages declining:

If you were forced to work this much at gunpoint, would you become addicted to legal meth? Would you rope? I think I would rope

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocinante, TaffyFlounder, Ruru-chan2 and 11 others
Duckup

Duckup

Aug 28, 2019
They fail to treat addicts bcuz of the unpragmatic, femdeist performance capitalism. Soon to terminalize to the rest of western govs.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, davidtorez and sserafim
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

Sep 15, 2023
I would hang on my necktie.

Reactions: TaffyFlounder, Vicolo cieco, leavingthesoultrap and 2 others
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
Japanese business workers expected to work 12+ hours a day, passing out on the side of the street routinely from exhaustion:
www.businessinsider.com

Striking photos of businessmen sleeping on dirty streets reveal Japan's tireless work culture

Almost every night for two years photographer Pawel Jaszczuk captured Japanese businessmen sleeping in public to document Japan's culture of overwork.
www.businessinsider.com
www.businessinsider.com
Amphetamine abuse rampant to cope with the work:
www.opendemocracy.net

Japan, the place with the strangest drug debate in the world

Despite its relatively low drug abuse figures, the Japanese system is failing to treat addicts.
www.opendemocracy.net
www.opendemocracy.net
Real wages declining:

If you were forced to work this much at gunpoint, would you become addicted to legal meth? Would you rope? I think I would rope
Atleast there won't be the population and pollution issue there compared to here but Ig we share the same toxic work culture
And depends if I had the same set of parents and autism/ adhd. Prolly just good parenting would be enough of a thing. I can emigrate to a better country if i need to

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez and sserafim
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I would do as many drugs as possible and also ride the high of the new culture and lifestyle. After crashing from that I would probably hang myself.

Reactions: TaffyFlounder, maneose, escape_from_hell and 2 others
Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021
I would invent a pillow.

Reactions: maneose, davidtorez, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
floating_cloud

floating_cloud

fading
May 30, 2024
Man gonna hang AND do as much drugs as possible cuz whats the point of life if its just work work work get drunk go work work work again

• Hugs
Reactions: TaffyFlounder, maneose, sserafim and 2 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
And people wonder why us anti-natalists think the way we do. Birthing someone who is inevitably going to live this type of life is selfish, cruel, unjust and just plain stupid.

Reactions: TaffyFlounder, darkenmydoorstep, sserafim and 8 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
It's crazy the disparity between certain smaller or international ran companies in Japan, and those with "traditional" work culture.

In the same country, you will see some people working 8 hour days and others working 13 hour ones. Often times, businessmen aren't even working for that entire duration, but are simply expected to be present at their job and have asses in chairs. In some circumstances, they may even sleep there. Others will pass out from exhaustion on their way home.

This is not an uncommon sight in Japan. When I spent several weeks visiting there, I had multiple instances of people falling asleep ON me, with their head slumping against my shoulder. It's uncomfortable, but I never disturbed those people because their exhaustion has to be unfathomable.

Some people really cannot cope with this live to work mentality and がまん強い culture. Especially when there is very little understanding of mental pain in the cultural zeigeist, everyone is expected to be extremely resilient and put up with overworking for the sake of keeping society and status quo going. I think this is why risky methods with the potential to cause harm to passerby like "detergent suicide" were popular in Japan awhile ago.

There are companies that don't have such absurd work culture, but they are uncommon and highly dependent on the type of management. I am not able to cope with normal working hours, much less those in Japan or the 9-9-6 cultures.

• Informative
Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, sserafim and Dr Iron Arc
U

UnbelievableJelly

Jun 2, 2024
I am in Japan right now. For a peculiar series of reasons, it was either stay in Italy (home country) unemployed or come here.

Fuck this life and fuck capitalism

Reactions: TaffyFlounder, darkenmydoorstep, sserafim and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd probably cope by taking advantage of knowing the language to indulge in all the eroge that's untranslated. Maybe if I lived in the right area of Tokyo I could get into the underground coomer subcultures they have.

Either that or I guess I'd just cope the normal way by getting really into Dynasty Warriors games. I already really liked Fire Emblem Warriors and the Three Hopes Warriors games so I could live with that I guess.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
It is impossible to answer this question unequivocally.

If I had been born in Japan, I would most likely be a completely different person.
Maybe even if I was very tired, I would continue to "fight" because that's what I was taught?
I don't know if I would be a rebel who goes against the system.
Maybe I would think that's how it has to be?
Maybe I would like the system?
Maybe I would like to cultivate a culture of hard work and demand it from all people?
Or maybe I would hang myself from the nearest tree?
Who knows.

My life would be completely different, so I would be a completely different person.
My current point of view doesn't matter.

Reactions: escape_from_hell and davidtorez
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
And people wonder why us anti-natalists think the way we do. Birthing someone who is inevitably going to live this type of life is selfish, cruel, unjust and just plain stupid.
Amen !

Reactions: sserafim and MatrixPrisoner
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Fuck that, I'd rope as quickly as I can

Reactions: TaffyFlounder, davidtorez, sserafim and 1 other person
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I simply would not
Animated GIF

DrJ

DrJ

Born again christian 😏
Jun 4, 2024
I will listen to this in repeat and watch Sam Altman tells me that I am so lucky.

JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
This is the problem with why Gen Zs like us don't want to work anymore, but ON STEROIDS in Japan, (another country I can think of is South Korea where education competition is high af to a point where it's one of the top suicidal countries)
They have to work a shitton just to support the system supporting the lots of elderly people in the country

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Japanese work culture is insane. Similar thing is happening in South Korea as well. Young ppl are dropping dead from overwork exhaustion.
Hunter gatherers used to work 3-4 h a day, and medieval peasant did around 150h a year. The work was seasonal so they did very little during cold months.
We are not built to work long hours without breaks.

Reactions: noname27, davidtorez and sserafim
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
They have to work a shitton just to support the system supporting the lots of elderly people in the country
The same elderly population that doesn't want to allow foreign workers to come into the country. They'd rather have their grandchildren working themselves to death, than give up their racist prejudices.

Reactions: sserafim and JKFleck
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I would Kill myself asap. There's no reason to work hard or to work at all. There is no reason to have to feed yourself 3 times a day, chores , groceries, or to have to put up with 1000's of other horrible things like diseases extreme pain old age and many more....

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Vicolo cieco
nymphojuno

nymphojuno

girlfail (he/him)
Nov 30, 2023
i would for sure jump off the office building.

Reactions: sserafim
U

UnbelievableJelly

Jun 2, 2024
Hey Vicolo Cieco, you Italian too? lol

Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
The USA basically runs the country and destroyed the country I think in the 1990's after WW2 so that Japan would not surpass the USA like it was on the path to do in the 1980's. The USA has military bases on Japan, runs the monetary policy, and something else, I forget.

The economy is still in better shape than the USA economy. There is a book on this, Princes of the Yen. At one point Japan was going to surpass the USA so they made Japan print more money, this created a short euphoria when Japanese people were buying up everything in the USA, it then collapsed and so did the Japanese standard of living. They do this in the USA as well. Very evil and stupid people run both countries.

Last edited: