E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
My girlfriend is suicidal, and so am I, but for completely different reasons. My mind is sane but her's isn't.

This post is about her.

She has deep depression and tried several medications with no apparent improvement. She drinks a loot, on top of that medication. I was with her tomorrow night, I cooked for her and we watched BCS, she was drinking a couple of beers. After I dropped her off her place I went to mine and when I was preparing to sleep she messaged me super drunk saying she was gonna CTB. I went to her place immediately and when I arrived I saw that she was out of her mind. It took several hours for her to calm down and eventually she feel asleep. She kepd saying she didn't wanna live anymore, that it was not worth it. I could see how much pain she was in. She had brought several blades and wrote goodbye notes. I told her how bad was her method (almost introduced her to SS, lmao).

That was just one episode out of several recent ones. Never in my life I whitnessed a person so fucked up, it's even hard to describe. That depression is destroying her. Since I myself don't suffer from it I wouldn't know how to help her, don't even know if I can. My old self would just look for another girl but now I know pain.

When she talks, I listen. I treat her in a loving manner, always. I don't get spoked by those episodes but when she talks about suicide I don't know how to handle it. I try not to give her the prolife bullshit but also I wouldn't wanna encorage her.

I don't know what to do, so welcoming any advice that could help me navigate this situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: DunnoWhyButYeah, WorthlessTrash and Lullaby
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
she should try Ketamine for depression. there are protocols on Reddit. If no medication has helped, it can help.

I'm not sure anything can help this level of depression. I broke up with my ex because I didn't want to inflict this suffering on him.

Does she have any better days? I'm so sorry you are going through this - both of you.

Reactions: Beer_is_all_I_have and Eternal Oblivion
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
It already sounds like you're doing the absolute best you can do, which is much more than a typical person would or could in your situation.

It sounds like a really tough position to be in and I'm sorry you're both battling different things.

Reactions: Eternal Oblivion
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To answer the question in the title, I guess that all someone could do is try to understand what the person is going through, and if that person decided to ctb then I would respect their decision. That sounds like a difficult situation to be in, I can imagine that it must be really hard going through that. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

M

Messgram

Meaningless struggle
Dec 30, 2021
just say optimistic things to her, even if none of them are true. That's how everyone does it.

Reactions: hermestrimegistus, lofticries and WorthlessTrash
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If you love someone and they want to leave, you help them pack. That's love.

Reactions: Beer_is_all_I_have and Un-
E

Eternal Oblivion

Student
Nov 23, 2021
she should try Ketamine for depression. there are protocols on Reddit. If no medication has helped, it can help.

I'm not sure anything can help this level of depression. I broke up with my ex because I didn't want to inflict this suffering on him.

Does she have any better days? I'm so sorry you are going through this - both of you.
I couldnt say if she have better days or pretend to, but we often have fun toguether, but is becoming less frequent.

Do you have a profund depresson too? If so, I'm sorry, how you deal with it?

It already sounds like you're doing the absolute best you can do, which is much more than a typical person would or could in your situation.

It sounds like a really tough position to be in and I'm sorry you're both battling different things.
Yeah, I suppose I am. Thank you for your sympath.
just say optimistic things to her, even if none of them are true. That's how everyone does it.
I don't think that is of any help. People in here often complain about it.
To answer the question in the title, I guess that all someone could do is try to understand what the person is going through, and if that person decided to ctb then I would respect their decision. That sounds like a difficult situation to be in, I can imagine that it must be really hard going through that. I wish you the best in whatever happens.
If you love someone and they want to leave, you help them pack. That's love.
I don't think she really really wants to CTB, I believe she just wanted to get better and isn't being able to do. She has a loot going for her and she's a terrific person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Marktheghost and lofticries
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
Ask her why she wants to die and just listen. Try to feel what she's feeling. Then help her come up with a few reasons to stick around a little longer.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I am very sorry for what you are both going through. I guess all you can do is be there for her as much as you can and keep giving her assurances.

A

aldennn

Dec 17, 2023
Omg help her ....my ex is being a dick and is making me wanna do this and says things like ..you're dead to me ....I need someone to talk to this fucker

• Aww..
Reactions: raindrops