sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
How do you write a will? And what do you think I should do with my IRA? I'm not gonna live past 25 anyways…so basically that money will be wasted lmao. Ugh oh well

Reactions: Rocinante
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
In the place where I live, the government requires you to go to a "notary" in order to draft your will and give it validity, which is ridiculous to me because, in my opinion, my handwriting and signature should be sufficient to legitimize the will.

As for my money, I prefer to withdraw all the money from my bank accounts, although in my case, I don't have an IRA.
Depending on the amount of money I have and the circumstances at the time of my departure from this world, I will decide on my own whether to spend all that money on the last things I want to enjoy or if that money is useful for cremating my body. However, it's most likely that the police officer who discovers my body will take my money...

In my will, I would state that I should be turned into ashes and my ashes should be scattered on a mountain or in a cold place because I detest being buried alongside a bunch of graves.

On the other hand, I don't understand why the government forces families to obtain thousands of documents just to confirm that you're dead. Why do they care??
Why does the government care about my death when they were the ones who stole my happiness?
Why do they have to force my family to obtain documents just because the law requires it?

It's like those institutions that demand your birth certificate to verify your identity...
Bro, I'm literally right here...

I once read an article on Wikipedia about a farmer who got trapped in a tractor and wrote a will on the tractor's fender. He later died from his injuries, but the interesting thing is that this small will was legalized, and his belongings became the property of his wife. If that's the case, why on earth do I have to go to a "notary" to make my will valid?

Sometimes I would prefer to get rid of all my belongings than to fight over their destiny...

In any case, I think it's still best to create various types of wills. I've thought about whether, in addition to writing it, I could record a video where I talk about my will.

In your case, you can write whatever you want; after all, they are your belongings. You can spend all your money and get rid of everything, or you can leave that money and pass your belongings on to trusted people.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim