H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
How do you test that you received a pure Nitrogen for the tank you ordered?

Do you need a regulator/flowmeter to test out (or measure) the purity of Nitrogen?

Is there a Nitrogen purity tester?

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
You can pick up a handheld/portable nitrogen purity gauge for about a couple hundred dollars. Personally, I'm happy to rely on an industrial gas supplier not adulterating their nitrogen with oxygen... if they did, they'd be run out of business by lawsuits and dead welders, so it's a pretty safe bet. Just make sure you get a proper nitrogen grade (low purity is >90%, the high purity grades are >99%), and you're good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabitfever, LADY007 and how2toGetout
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
You can pick up a handheld/portable nitrogen purity gauge for about a couple hundred dollars. Personally, I'm happy to rely on an industrial has supplier not adulterating their nitrogen with oxygen... if they did, they'd be run out of business by lawsuits and dead welders, so it's a pretty safe bet. Just make sure you get a proper nitrogen grade (low purity is >90%, the high purity grades are >99%), and you're good.
Will low purity (>90%) Nitrogen be not sufficient for CTB purposes, though?

Reactions: Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Will low purity (>90%) Nitrogen be not sufficient for CTB purposes, though?

Depends on what the other 10% is. If it's oxygen, then no. That will just give you a headache. If it's 10% not oxygen, it would be fine. I wouldn't risk it.

Reactions: Rabitfever, how2toGetout and Baskol1
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Any recommendations for Nitrogen purity tester/meter/analyzer??

is this one from amazon something that's legit to test nitrogen purity:
PCL - Nitrogen Purity Analyzer - N2A001 - Nitrogen Percentage Analyzer

Any thoughts? Can any one give me some guidance in shopping for the right kind of Nitrogen purity tester, for the purposes of Nitrogen method?