GeneralPanda199

GeneralPanda199

Feb 1, 2023
I'm autistic/ADHD and every few months i go to meet with my psychiatrist to check how i am and to get my usual prescription (only ADHD medication but i've also taken antipsychotics in the past).

Ever since i graduated from high school a few years ago i've been dealing with a several problems, suddenly having more issues in making new friendships, isolating myself more often from both family and friends, and even straight out just ghosting other friends away cause they would refuse to being pushed away by me. I've also had a lot of thoughts about ending my life, but i don't think i'm ready to do it, not until i at least make an attempt to improve myself that is. But i have done research around here about it nonetheless.

I've hidden about this from my psychiatrist for all this time pretending that everything was fine, but i'm planning on coming clean about this on my next appointment tomorrow, how do i tell him about it? I fear that if i tell him too much i might be forced to be admitted into a ward.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Print out the words you've written above and read them out or let him read it. Nothing you've said will result in being detained, but clearly expresses how you're feeling.

Upvote 0
sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
Your therapist already knows you. your personality. You appear level headed to them I'm guessing. You already know what is hurting you. You're not going in there wild wailing with depression. Be honest a bit, not all immediately. Pick the biggest thing if you can and just say its been on your mind for a while and if they can help you work it thru. see how it goes. Nobodys life is perfect we all have problems, they know that.

Upvote 0