• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
I need to look presentable during class. I suppose brushing my hair and combing it is a necessity. What else?

SunshineAndSuicide

SunshineAndSuicide

Sunshine is what's keeping me alive
Aug 24, 2022
Clean and ironed clothes goes a long way. Even better when they fit well i.e. not baggy and sagging. Also, clean and neat nails.

• Love
Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
quailque

quailque

Sep 28, 2022
If you're like me and struggle with putting your clean laundry away, you can spray your shirt (for example) and hang it up the night before so some of the wrinkles come out. If you're able to you can also stick them in the dryer for 10-15 minutes and put them on when they come out.

As for smells: obviously your choice of scent for perfume/cologne. a quick scrub down of your stinky pets with warm soap and water (or just some wipes) in the mornings will help whenever you're feeling too tired to shower.

I've taken to wearing a mask whenever i go out to hide things i'm insecure about. With colder weather maybe you can get away with wearing a beanie too?

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
I always wear the same hoodie/jeans combo everyday with small variations to throw them off, and have short hair so I do not have to comb. Just don't smell bad and brush your teeth and you be fine I guess.

• Yay!
Reactions: Hollowillow
Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
I keep all my stuff in the shower. So I shower and brush teeth at same time.

A tiny bit easier but it helps.

Reactions: miserableforever
Nightbird

Nightbird

Sep 14, 2022
What helped me drag my depressed ass to a corporate job for years was to simplify everything. I made a uniform for myself - dark pants, white tops, crew neck cardigans, choice of flats or boots. All clothes machine washable, no-iron (honestly, 3/4 of wardrobe was from Old Navy - so un-special and easy to replace, it wouldn't register if I dumped a liter of salsa down the front of me). Natural manicure so I could dupe at home. Makeup basic - cover zits, mascara, tinted lip balm. Hair always in a low bun. Silver hoops or diamond studs in ears - same watch/rings every day. Not stylish by any stretch, but pulled together/neat.

Reactions: BornHated
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
I don't know how formal you need to look, but a buttoned shirt tucked in does wonders for appearance. Keeping hydrated is also good for your skin.

ppie41

ppie41

Mar 15, 2023
I start feeling like I'm visibly disgusting when there is visible grime under my nailsโ€ฆ this only applies if you shave but I also feel pretty gross when my body hair starts getting long enough to pull on it lol

sick.faery

sick.faery

โ™ก
Mar 18, 2021
hair: apply shampoo & conditioner at the same time or get 2 in 1 stuff. if your a girl get a good hair brush/comb that works for your hair and just brush comb in the morning and just put it up in a bun or find other effortless hairstyles that you like a you can do in 2 secs (go on pinterest, tiktok or stuff like that to find cute stuff that suits your face and that are super easy to do and are also in if you care about that). if your a guy keep your hair shorts and you can just brush it with your fingers. also buy dry shampoo for when your too depressed or lazy to wash your hair. you can also get beanies, hats and stuff like that too also hide your hair if it's too greasy and if your a girl definitely put it up if its like that so people notice less

body:
if your a girl you can try to maybe pay to get waxed instead of shaving yourself and stuff cos its better done and lasts longer and you dont have to do anything but lie there. you can also get lazer therapy if you can afford it. if you want good nails you can also just pay to get extra long lasting nail polish or falsies & so its looks good and you dont have to do anything but walk in and sit down in the salon. if your feet have calluses or stuff like that you can also pay to get them removed for cheap also at nail salons instead of doing that yourself. if your a guy or girl, get 3 in 1 if that exist (pretty sure it does) exfoliating + cleansing + moisturizing) body wash, or at least a 2 in 1 (exfol + cleansing, or moisturizing & cleansing). also get yourself perfumes or colognes

face: use a 2 in 1 cleanser (cleansing & moisturizing) and once a week mix in with that some exfoliating cleanser.. use chapstick if you need too also you can get tinted ones that you make it double as makeup. also moisturize twice a day but do in probably in bed or something so its less daunting if it is and if you need to put any other creams or stuff like toners & lotions mix it all in so you only apply something once. if your a girl and you want to wear makeup, just stick with a little bit of concealer to cover your imperfections or get like 2-3 in 1 stuff like bb or cc creams that can serve as moisturizers but also as skin makeup so you skip steps. i think you can also get foundations like that that also double as skincare products. for your eyes you can get eyelash extensions so you dont need to use mascara, you can also get semi permanent makeup if thats something your interesting in. but otherwise just stick to the basics so it takes 2 mins and you look a lot more put together than if you didnt have anything (like for ex concealer/bb cream + mascara + tinted chapstick + a little bit of blush)

teeth: if you struggle with brushing them and stuff i'd say use lots of mouthwash + mint gum and stuff like breath freshners and stuff, and try to at least brush your teeth once a day. if you extra lazy :multitask, like do it on the toilet or sit down and watch a 2-3 min ytb vid while doing it

clothes: make sure that all your clothes fit you well and that if you care about that, are still in style. make a habit of lint rolling your clothes and ironing everything before wearing it, makes a big difference. never wear stained or dirty stuff (push yourself to do your laundry regularely). make sure you have enough accessories and that they blend with most of your clothes. also that your shoes and stuff also can be worn with most of your clothes. try to get clothes that look good on their own and are pretty stylish and everything, dont get anything shabby, bad quality or shitty so you'll always look good. get a lot of stuff than can go together easily, especially like sets or dresses if your a girl & extra lazy cause you dont have to think about what your gonna pair together and it will look good

also always a mirror and stuff to retouch your appearance (if your a girl), like a mini brush, makeup and stuff like that. make it a point to touch at least once or twice in your day

Live or Let Die

Live or Let Die

๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜€, ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—Ÿ๐——
Mar 15, 2023
I need to look presentable during class. I suppose brushing my hair and combing it is a necessity. What else?
sleeping well, good sleep does a shit ton for the body and this is just one of many.

nwuibe

nwuibe

Mar 21, 2023
yes brushing your hair. brush your teeth and take a shower, i think hygiene makes everything. also wearing basics like a white shirt + a pair of jeans does the job. if you're a girl i suggest to wear jewelry. drink water !!! your skin will look glow lol