• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
How can I quit my internet addiction? All I do is browse forums all day and I need to quit and move on with my life

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Proteus, Beyond_Repair, etherealspring and 7 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
We should leave SS together and move on to better things

• Love
Reactions: sserafim
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Thats all I do to

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
This is gonna sound really stupid and contrived, but honestly hobbies are the best way to try to curb an internet addiction. With depression it's really hard to do tasks that require more effort than bed rotting or doom scrolling, so it can be a process to work up to fully kicking the addiction, but the key is to find something that doesn't feel like labor to you & is engaging enough to take your full attention without being strenuous. Usually more hands on activities are more successful. A lot of people like more artsy things like crotcheting or painting. For me my mental health was the best & I deleted all social media off my phone for a few months when I was learning kpop choreos & baking. Photography is fun too for an easy way to get out of the house

Reactions: Freedomatlast24, Linda, MyChoiceAlone and 8 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
How can I quit my internet addiction? All I do is browse forums all day and I need to quit and move on with my life
What exactly do you mean by "move on with [your] life"? What would you move on to?
If you do leave SS, I hope you enjoy your life and that you can be a neet in peace for as long as you live

Reactions: divinemistress36, Rocinante and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
What exactly do you mean by "move on with [your] life"? What would you move on to?

If you do leave SS, I hope you enjoy your life and that you can be a neet in peace for as long as you live
Better things to do with my time

Reactions: Rocinante and ijustwishtodie
wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
find yourself addicted to something else to subside this one lol. at least coming from my experience.

Reactions: Linda, divinemistress36, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Find a pen pal to exchange letters with. Journaling is an option too, but I find it much more difficult to write somethimg when I know it won't be seen by anyone but myself.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_ and sserafim
T

Traveller12724

Experienced
May 14, 2024
Look, your internet addiction fills a void in your life that without it you would have to face the void or be bored out of your mind, the only way to get rid of the internet addiction is to fill the void with other activities that are engaging by your own definition, many people usually fill that void with work, hobbies, family, travel, and relationships, they distract themselves all their life cycling through those, since you prefer NEET, maybe cycle through hobbies, family, travel, and relationships.

Reactions: Linda, Saturn_, divinemistress36 and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
find yourself addicted to something else to subside this one lol. at least coming from my experience.
I used to be addicted to video games but then my mom confiscated my console. I think that's why I got addicted to forums, to compensate for my DS being taken away. I might start playing Pokémon Go again though to curb SS addiction. I used to be addicted to Pokémon Go as well as Pokémon games on my DS

Reactions: Linda, Saturn_, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
An impossible task!

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
damienlerone03

damienlerone03

reject humanity, return to monke
May 5, 2024
i drove my parents insane with my internet addiction💀
lowkey what i do is i just go out biking cause idk what else i'm supposed to do with my life

Reactions: Linda and sserafim
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I don't get the issue with using the internet. It's an amazing tool! Honestly, it kept me from making dangerous ctb attempts (for other people's sakes). Plus, I've used the internet to research Christian grace and become a less judgmental person. The internet is a godsend!

It's impossible to get chemically addicted to the internet, unlike drugs like opioids. Your parents should be glad you spend time online rather than snorting oxycodone or morphine like I did!

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
I used to be addicted to video games but then my mom confiscated my console. I think that's why I got addicted to forums, to compensate for my DS being taken away. I might start playing Pokémon Go again though to curb SS addiction. I used to be addicted to Pokémon Go as well as Pokémon games on my DS
good choice. i miss the pokemon go hype, i don't think we've ever come close to world peace as we did when that game uprose way back when

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
good choice. i miss the pokemon go hype, i don't tdhink we've ever come close to world peace as we did when that game uprose way back when
Pokemon Go... damn! My spouse used to ask me to go hunting for pokemons, and I was tired and used to say no. Now that my spouse left me I'd do ANYTHING to go pokemon hunting with my spouse! 😭😭😭

• Hugs
Reactions: wastingpotential, divinemistress36, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Ooh ooh. I know. Start a sex addiction. Might as well be a fun hobby. 😉😉

• Yay!
Reactions: SoFewMethods, Linda, divinemistress36 and 2 others
etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
The first thing you need to realize is that internet addiction isn't a shameful thing. You're satisfying a need or needs (more likely plural). It's just about finding alternatives to satisfying those needs. Those needs could be boredom, escaping, feeling loved, etc.

You're on the internet because you're satisfying a need. There's some need for escape. Alternatives to internet addiction to satisfy needs could mean having to process emotions that are really uncomfortable (feeling it physically and not escaping it so you can fully release emotions), doing affirmations on a daily basis so you can counter negative thoughts without them plaguing your life, and learning how to not judge yourself. Try to find out what needs you are satisfying here on the internet and then try to find healthy ways to do satisfy them in more effective ways.

Take the time to progress. It's not an overnight thing. :)

Reactions: Sylveon, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and sserafim
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I like a lot of the suggestions here. I'd like to add to the mix the idea of diversifying, rather than replacing. This also can lessen the weight of the search / choice for a replacement. Try a variety of things and see what sticks for you. I see this as developing a tool belt of options. This is helpful because different things can capture your attention and interests at different times. This is like switching between a "this or that" to a "this *and* that" thinking. In this way you don't have to replace time on the internet, just add more things.

Reactions: Linda, Saturn_, etherealgoddess and 1 other person
permanently tired

permanently tired

Too exhausted to try again
Nov 8, 2023
I'm thinking of leaving the forum too, I've gotten the information I need and came to the conclusion I'll ctb if I don't become self sufficient within the next few years. I tend to overthink so I've been writing it down. It might be lyrics, poetry or mapping episodes for a podcast (ikik). I remember seeing a post you made about those online tests and you like the arts no? I think a hobby relating to it could serve as a good use of your time.

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Pokémon Go sounds like a great hobby to pick back up honestly, you'll be going outside and taking lots of walks while still engaging with a franchise you love. That sounds like a good start, and then you could branch out and diversify from there.

Reactions: sserafim and Hotsackage
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Get out of the house (preferably without your phone). Meet real people in the real world.

Reactions: broth0100, divinemistress36 and sserafim
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i think i remember you saying that you were a shut in (hikko something)? you need to deal with that first.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
The ability to focus on one thing for a long time, as you can, is a strength. As I have said before, if you can get your act togther you could make a mark on the world.

Reactions: Proteus and sserafim
Coconut blue

Coconut blue

Student
May 13, 2024
find something that occupies your time in real life

Reactions: sserafim and Linda
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Reactions: Rocinante and divinemistress36
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It could be fun for a while. But the novelty would soon wear off.
Naw. Not with the right person(s). There are all kind of "fun" things that can be incorporated into sex. The only limits are the imaginations of the parties involved.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, I'm a NEET aka hiki(komori)

I don't like real life though. I think I use the online world as an escape
"I don't like real life though. I think I use the online world as an escape." In other words I've never tried it because I don't like it.
You don't know enough about real life to be able to reach that conclusion reliably. Not yet, anyway. If you engage seriously with the world for a while, I'll be more inclined to take seriously your views on it.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36