• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

georgecostanza

georgecostanza

Mar 6, 2022
This is a bit of a technical question. For all organs certain medical requirements have to be met for them to be harvestable for later transplantation. Harvesting is of course only legal after a person is deemed brain dead. Some organs, though, require for blood circulation to still be maintained so they can be used. Others just require a fresh body. Of course some methods also are out of question as they either destroy organs or contaminate them with toxic substances.

Someone here with sound medical knowledge in that area?

How to commit suicide and time discovery of one's body by medical personal so that as many organs as possible can be used?

• Hugs
Reactions: pickajack, NearlyIrrelevantCake, Red Desert and 1 other person
dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
I wish the same but from what I read it's not really possible. I think the most likely as well as gruesome method would be call a hospital say you want all your organs harvested and shot yourself in the head in the lobby. Very traumatic compared to the good itd do. It's a matter of minutes. Unless theres a reliable way to become a vegetable with no organ damage. Sorry. Not a professional opinion though.

D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
You have to be kept on life support until transplant to have organs considered viable

• Informative
Reactions: quietxconfessions and PreCambrianBliss
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
Depending on the local laws, any suspicion of the death being a suicide may for example mean that the organs are unsuitable for transplant anyway, or there may be other rules that make it practically not an option, for example if an autopsy has to be performed if suicide is suspected, that would practically also mean no donation.
So it may be different in different countries, but I guess in most of them it would mean making it look like an accident.
But accidents involving for example vehicles have significant chance of causing harm and injuries to others, which doesn't follow the spirit of your noble goal.
Also, painful and gruesome methods have a significant risk of failure, and a failed attempt makes a lot of resources will be used on the one who has attempted. If you're trying to fix something you think you have messed up, like make your death meaningful through the donation, it doesn't exactly work with CTB very well, huh?
You likely COULD donate your body to science (check your local laws). If they have to do the autopsy, they do, but once they are done with that the students can practice on it, or parts can be preserved in jars, bones used to teach anatomy etc.The organs don't "live in someone else", but still are useful. Also the family may be spared the cost of the burial (at some places once they are done with using the bodies for education they make a fancy burial with the families and the students and it can be much more fancy than what a "donors" family could afford on their own). Still of course we're on this site because the medical profession can be very oppressive and harmful for the patients. A person who wants to do it in an "extremely altruistic" way would choose some old and well-researched method, like hanging, because seriously one more or one less hanged body shouldn't make any difference in the medical understanding of this method. Doing it with nitrite and donating the body could help prevention of this method, and you may prefer to not contribute to depriving people of options.

This is purely theoretical, I'm not the "omg, don't ever fart, farts contain methane which harms the environment" sort of person 😂

• Informative
Reactions: Red Desert
pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
I've though about this too, but the best I could come up with is similar to @dimstar 's idea about the firearm in the lobby. My idea was the the ambulance bay, as the one I know of is outside and kinda private, often no one around, but right outside the ER. It still seems super shitty and traumatic for everyone around.

How is this not a legal option. It makes so much fucking sense. Let the people who want to live have the organs they need. And let us leave the party for fuck's sake. Rant over.

Last edited:
Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
to those who are suggesting CBTing in a hospital, that's ridiculous as you are most likely to be saved in them. and even if you weren't, what are the odds of someone needing an organ right when you die?

it's a noble cause, but a far fetched one tbh

Reactions: Disaster
pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
Do all organ donations come from planned deaths? If not I imagine there is a protocol for alerting the organ recipient. It's true that hospitals are dangerous for this reason, but a shot to the brainstem is not revivable.

Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
Do all organ donations come from planned deaths? If not I imagine there is a protocol for alerting the organ recipient. It's true that hospitals are dangerous for this reason, but a shot to the brainstem is not revivable.
and what if you miss? or what if you chicken out? not worth it

pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
I wasn't trying to be a dick, I actually don't know how donation works, whether they have to know in advance. And you're right, it is super dangerous. There is a certain appeal though, to helping someone through your death. Like there was a value and a point or something.

Edit: I just reread @downndone2 's response about life support. So maybe you're right and it is far-fetched. I stand by my comment that it should just be a legal option.

Last edited: