R

Reach

Jun 28, 2020
I know it sounds weird but I want to hurt myself in a somewhat safe way.
I was thinking to cut myself with razor that I previously disinfected with alcohol, but I'm still a bit afraid of getting some nasty infection trough the scar. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad
RC90

RC90

Experienced
Sep 13, 2020
Are you what some some users call "a cutter'? If so be careful with that as you can become addicted to it. Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: lobster salad and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
sorry to hear you're contemplating these things.

what i do is hit myself with the handle of a knife until a bruise starts to form. it brings me the same pain/relief that cutting does, and it's easier to clean-up and has a lesser chance of infection.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sunset764, GoodPersonEffed and GoneGoneGone
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
It sounds like you're in a lot of pain to be considering something like self-harm, and I'm so sorry.

If I feel like I need to hurt myself, I usually cut with a razor blade or scratch myself very, very hard with scissors. It just depends on if I feel like cleaning up or not. Always clean and disinfect the materials and wound, take care of yourself - infections can get nasty.

If I'm really anxious or desperate, sometimes I'll punch myself in the thighs, or I'll use my nails to claw myself. It works in the moment, but I really prefer the above.

Always stay safe. There are much better coping mechanisms out there, like holding ice or exercising. But I'm not shaming you for thoughts or actions to hurt yourself. I understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Reach
R

Reach

Jun 28, 2020
Are you what some some users call "a cutter'? If so be careful with that as you can become addicted to it. Just my humble opinion.
Actually I never hurt myself like that, I just feel like it would be a nice thing to do. It's just I'm afraid of it a bit, but I'll get the necessary first aid kit before doing it.

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
There's a guide on this forum, I think it comes in useful.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/first-aid-guide.73/

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Reach
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
I used to cut myself on the back of my hand often, and when my parents asked I'd just say I scratched myself somewhere and didn't realise... eases the pain of life but I don't encourage. Like what someone mentioned, it can become addictive. I have quit it thankfully but I still have the scars

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
"How to hurt yourself safely".

Isn't that a bit like asking how to go 50mph without exceeding 30mph?

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Feel free to message me if you want to talk.
But the best option is to not hurt yourself in this way.

L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
I was thinking to cut myself with razor that I previously disinfected with alcohol, but I'm still a bit afraid of getting some nasty infection trough the scar. :(
insulting yourself mentally

L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
What do you mean?
you get hurt yourself without anyone noticing

I don't know in my mind always think I'm useless and incapable of everything and I feel like crap for that

T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
Try holding ice or putting a rubber band on your wrist and snapping it, it will hurt but wont give you lasting damage

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've never been able to self-harm through anything like cutting or matches, or any way that leaves an injury though I do sometimes enjoy the pain from eating really spicy food. I also pick at scabs and bite my nails (sometimes to the point where it opens wounds). That's all I can think of when it comes to "safe ways".

insulting yourself mentally
This works too. Emotional pain's effects can sometimes be just as damaging as physical pain so self-inflicting it could be one way. Although if your intention to start physically hurting yourself was because you wanted to distract from existing emotional pain this might not work either.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You could try practice hanging with a soft scarf that is not tied off so you can't die. Hypoxia feels good, and it won't leave marks.