• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
I stumbled upon chronicpainnomore's excellent list to assemble a DIY exit bag and nitrogen kit.

It seems that the whole idea of the exit bag, as I understand it so far, is to allow the nitrogen to flow into the exit bag at a fixed rate while it's fastened around your head. In addition, the inward flowing nitrogen pushes out the CO2, which escapes at the fastening point where the bag is secured by elastic at your neck. This is a critical point because if CO2 builds up without flowing out, your body has a natural mechanism to detect CO2 buildup (but not nitrogen buildup) and trigger some kind of nervous reflexive response to get you back in action and get the CO2 out of your lungs through coughing or whatever.

But the part that troubles me is how am I supposed to secure the exit bag well enough that the nitrogen stays in but not so securely that the CO2 can't exit the bag?

I wish I could purchase a pre-made one but it seems that anyone who tried to sell pre-made exit bag/kits in the US were arrested for it. Even if I bought one I wouldn't be sure how to fasten it.

The technicalities of the inert gas method are what made me want to go with N for the longest time. But since I didn't purchase N a decade ago when I had easy access to it, hypoxia seems like the most painless and sure alternative. But the idea of getting one of these details not quite right and ending up with brain damage, scares the hell out of me. Besides the CO2 flow issue, there's the possibility that I could slump when I lose consciousness and my body could disconnect the tube from the regulator while I am only unconscious but not fully decommissioned.

Are there any guides that spell out the precise details of how to ensure none of these things have any room for error? I read PPEH Chapter 5 but it didn't resolve these questions. Are there are other guides that are more comprehensive on this method?

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
These are things that I worry about, too.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Is there a reason why we can't be lying down on a bed when we're using this method?

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
The book says to sit in a chair but I don't understand why.

That's what I read and I don't understand it either. I'm afraid I'll lose consciousness then slump to the floor, accidentally removing the bag from my head.

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
im scared of that aswell. im planning on reclining slightly in my car. the canister seat belted in the passanger seat so it doesn't get displaced. adjust the head rest accordingly. hopefully a couple deep breaths relaxed reclined and lights out that's it

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I won't be doing it in my car, but your way sounds nice. I'm going to do it in a motel room. Since it is advised that we're sitting up, I think I'm going to sit in the bed, leaning against the headboard. Perhaps I can just lay the tank on the bed beside me. I wonder if the tank has to remain upright or if it can lie down.

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
pressured gas doesn't matter which way it is as long as regulator isn't interfered with. I was really contemplating the hotel room aswell. same thing as you. but. fall over smash your head tear a hole in the bag was what I kept thinking. car. seatbelt.

Reactions: Smilla
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I won't be doing it in my car, but your way sounds nice. I'm going to do it in a motel room. Since it is advised that we're sitting up, I think I'm going to sit in the bed, leaning against the headboard. Perhaps I can just lay the tank on the bed beside me. I wonder if the tank has to remain upright or if it can lie down.

The tank can lay flat. I cleared this with someone who's an expert.

I suppose sitting in a semi upright position allows for better air flow but nitrogen is heavy unlike helium so I don't necessarily see the point of this either.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
pressured gas doesn't matter which way it is as long as regulator isn't interfered with. I was really contemplating the hotel room aswell. same thing as you. but. fall over smash your head tear a hole in the bag was what I kept thinking. car. seatbelt.

The car would be best. I just don't have any private spots near me to do it in the car.

Reactions: zach
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
I haven't found the best spot yet. my car has very dark tinted windows though which helps.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
The tank can lay flat. I cleared this with someone who's an expert.

I suppose sitting in a semi upright position allows for better air flow but nitrogen is heavy unlike helium so I don't necessarily see the point of this either.

It would be a heck of a lot more comfortable to die while lying down in the bed.

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
There are some videos that show how disoriented you can get very quickly once you start breathing an inert gas. So, if you haven't figured out all of the details of this method beforehand, you probably won't do so after you pull the bag down.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
There are some videos that show how disoriented you can get very quickly once you start breathing an inert gas. So, if you haven't figured out all of the details of this method beforehand, you probably won't do so after you pull the bag down.

Well it's nice to hear that it causes euphoria.

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
Well it's nice to hear that it causes euphoria.

Exactly. It really is a peaceful pill. As long as you don't survive it and get brain damage . . . un-peaceful. . . . is what that would be.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Exactly. It really is a peaceful pill. As long as you don't survive it and get brain damage . . . un-peaceful. . . . is what that would be.

I really don't see how I could survive, unless when I lose consciousness the bag somehow slips off my head.

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
I really don't see how I could survive, unless when I lose consciousness the bag somehow slips off my head.

That's one way.

Another way is your body slumps onto the tube/hose and causes it to become disconnected from the gas canister/regulator.

Another way maybe is if the flow of nitrogen is insufficient to produce a high enough balance of nitrogen to air - in that case you might become dizzy and pass out but not actually enter hypoxia. That's why the regulator needs to be set to 15 liters/second or something like that (can't remember the details).

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
15 liters is correct, from what I've read. Well shoot...I can end-up a vegetable if I shoot myself or if I fail the nitrogen method. I guess if I had to choose, I'd rather be a vegetable without a hole in my head.

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
Unfortunately there's no 100% risk-free method. But nitrogen seems like a pretty good method to me if you can think through the details and do a few test runs like chronicpainnomore did after he received everything from his shopping list. Even with the test run you have to be careful, though, because he said he started to feel like passing out - and as you can see in the hypoxia video, it's easy to become (a) disoriented, (b) euphoric and (c) unmotivated to leave the hypoxic state because it's so pleasurable.

BBC's Horizon also had a program about hypoxia where the host (Michael Portillo) showed the disorienting effects.

It was from an episode called "How to kill a human being".

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Unfortunately there's no 100% risk-free method. But nitrogen seems like a pretty good method to me if you can think through the details and do a few test runs like chronicpainnomore did after he received everything from his shopping list. Even with the test run you have to be careful, though, because he said he started to feel like passing out - and as you can see in the hypoxia video, it's easy to become (a) disoriented, (b) euphoric and (c) unmotivated to leave the hypoxic state because it's so pleasurable.

BBC's Horizon also had a program about hypoxia where the host (Michael Portillo) showed the disorienting effects.

It was from an episode called "How to kill a human being".

Interesting video. I wouldn't be motivated to stop once the euphoria set in, which is probably good since I'll be killing myself anyway. Sadly I won't be able to do a test run. I'd have to keep renting motel rooms because I can't let my husband know what's up. I'm going to tell him the nitrogen is for the tires on my recumbent trike, if he happens to see it, but I won't be able to let him see me practicing with the tank. I will, however, be able to practice putting the bag on my head when he's in the other room. (He spends lots of time watching TV in the living room while I spend tons of time in the bed in the bedroom, so he wouldn't see me.) I will make the bag when he's away from home. When I go to the motel room I'm going to tell him I'm spending the night with my sister.

Reactions: Final Escape
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Is there a reason why we can't be lying down on a bed when we're using this method?

There are photos of people who have used this method while lying down.
1z5819y.jpg

34xjsj9.jpg

2cei5a8.jpg