N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I feel kind of stressed. College is stressful and I am always so driven to do things. I often do way too much. My mind always has to be kept busy. Maybe this huge impetus can be observed with my long-ass threads that I write daily.

I always have a huge impulse and it is kind of unhealthy. So I try to decelerate now. Soon I have vacation so I can try to practice some of these tips. Some of these tips can make it worse for me if the implementation is bad.

Here are some ideas.

1. Doing sports - absolutely not my cup of tea

2. Taking a bath - better for me when the temperature is right

3. Digital detox - I am kind of an internet addict. I hate it when I have no internet. But sometimes reading an analog book is chilling. Though I ruminate a lot then. But it can be relieving.

4. Listening to music - it has to be the right music. Some music rather makes it worse.

5. Practicing self-awareness - I am pretty bad at that.

6. Doing nothing - I also suck at that. But trying to sleep is simillar and sometimes I achieve that.

7. Reading or writing

8. Consuming passively fictional stories - I think I tend to accumulating huge amounts of knowledge. I like that. But it can be exhaustive. I need more relaxing content

9. Watching a comedy show - I did that today. Laughing can be good.

10. Saying no or stop when people try to overburden you

11. Taking deep breaths of air and turning introspectively.

12. Sleeping regularly and enough - I try that. It is very important for my fragile mind.

13. Taking anti-manic medication (I am bipolar)

14. Trying to live in the present time and not always for the future

Some of these suggestions help me but maybe some are detrimental for others. It probably depends on the individual.

Do you have more suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultracheese
B

Bardo

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2023
Spending time alone in a park or in nature. I sit on a bench and commune with my animal friends, the hummingbirds, crows, even ants. The elements too are friends-- soft, desert breeze, the warmth of the sun or chill of the air, the feel of the sturdy, well-worn planks of the bench, the smoothness of the wood of my cane. Gazing at the desert flora and fauna and the surrounding snow-capped mountains, having the hummingbirds hover and check me out...I love it. I sense they like the company as much as I.

Reactions: Ultracheese