• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
mental exhaustion tends to manifest itself as physical exhaustion, which triggers the urge to ctb on me (and probably everyone else).

sleep usually don't help. eating loads of sugar works for 30/40 min and then fatigue is back (eating anything has the same effect, but sugar is the best). hot showers can ease the feeling a bit but not for long.

btw i am not in need of any vitamin or nutrient (exams confirmed). doctors as always are useless.

anyone of you knows how to manage this? i am trying not to abuse Xanax and alcohol.

Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
Caffeine and sunshine help me sometimes, too. I can 100% relate to the mental exhaustion leading to physical exhaustion. Then, ironically, I find it hard to get to sleep at night (even with sleep aids). When I do sleep, nightmares and stressful dreams keep me from getting the rest I need and so the cycle continues. At one point (over a year ago now), my psychiatrist prescribed Adderall for me and that definitely helped with energy but made my anxiety worse so I had to stop taking it.

Echo

Echo

Easily Forgotten
Oct 28, 2020
I have been diagnosed in the past with CFS, and weirdly enough find bananas and orange juice give me some energy/ caffeine too.
Lying down but not sleeping- simply resting, that revitalizes me a bit.
Have you looked into the possibility that your sleep might be disturbed and you might be getting low quality sleep?
I did a sleep study and found out that is the case with me. I start my trial with a sleep a pnea machine tonight- i'm so nervous
It's supposed to help you get better sleep + wake rested.
I'm a skeptic so we'll see.

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
I have been diagnosed in the past with CFS, and weirdly enough find bananas and orange juice give me some energy/ caffeine too.
Lying down but not sleeping- simply resting, that revitalizes me a bit.
Have you looked into the possibility that your sleep might be disturbed and you might be getting low quality sleep?
I did a sleep study and found out that is the case with me. I start my trial with a sleep a pnea machine tonight- i'm so nervous
It's supposed to help you get better sleep + wake rested.
I'm a skeptic so we'll see.
i've been suggested taking an apnea test before and honestly the more I think about it the more I think i should look into this.

i am definitely gonna try your suggestion of orange juice. i already take too much caffeine, sadly.

i hope you have a good experience. the majority of people I know benefited a lot with it. don't be scared, it might be uncomfortable in the beginning but you'll soon get used to it, and probably you'll see your an improvement on your well being. wishing you luck :hug:
_____

about sugar
@RoseyBird

i was discussing the whole sugar approach with a colleague (who is also within the medical field but with more knowledge that me), and according to researches consumption of sugar has the exact opposite effect we usually expect on the medium/long term.

the thing is sugar makes the energy levels goes up suddenly, but right after there is a sudden drop of energy.

to be fair, I've always noticed that after eating sugar high foods not long after i felt the need to grab something again, but idk, i always thought that was due to extreme fatigue.

Last edited:
TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
I get mentally exhausted often and I can't function when i am. It usually lasts a couple of days but right now its been over a week. Best i can manage is eating food that takes the least effort to make and drinking tea. The small amount of caffine in the tea and eating chocolate keeps me going just enough to get through the day. If I don't have tea and sugary foods i will just plop down on a chair and not move all day. I have to spread the sugar intake out through the day otherwise i get a sugar high then an even lower low.
Im more suicidal when im exhausted. I also act out of character and get more emotional than usual. I went for a walk last night to check out a bridge for my plan but I couldn't even get to it and just gave up frustrated.

ecmnesia

ecmnesia

Aug 30, 2020
Im more suicidal when im exhausted. I also act out of character and get more emotional than usual
i completely relate. and i am very sorry you experience this as well.

may I ask what kind of tea you drink (i am not one to drink tea, so I'd like a suggestion if you will)?

tbh, if it wasn't for chocolate i wouldn't know what to do.

TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
i completely relate. and i am very sorry you experience this as well.

may I ask what kind of tea you drink (i am not one to drink tea, so I'd like a suggestion if you will)?

tbh, if it wasn't for chocolate i wouldn't know what to do.

I drink Yorkshire tea which is a standard black tea, i drink it with milk, no sugar. I also drink chai tea (cinnamon and ginger tea) with a bit of milk and a spoon or two of honey. I do also like a nice lemon green tea (clipper brand) but thats more for when im feeling better in myself.
Ive no idea what i would do without chocolate either, i deffinatly eat far too much of it but i get really bad cravings for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I just try to sleep and rest but I'm still exhausted. Idk sorry

• Hugs
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
i've been suggested taking an apnea test before and honestly the more I think about it the more I think i should look into this.

i am definitely gonna try your suggestion of orange juice. i already take too much caffeine, sadly.

i hope you have a good experience. the majority of people I know benefited a lot with it. don't be scared, it might be uncomfortable in the beginning but you'll soon get used to it, and probably you'll see your an improvement on your well being. wishing you luck :hug:
_____

about sugar @RoseyBird

i was discussing the whole sugar approach with a colleague (who is also within the medical field but with more knowledge that me), and according to researches consumption of sugar has the exact opposite effect we usually expect on the medium/long term.

the thing is sugar makes the energy levels goes up suddenly, but right after there is a sudden drop of energy.

to be fair, I've always noticed that after eating sugar high foods not long after i felt the need to grab something again, but idk, i always thought that was due to extreme fatigue.
Hmm, I can see how sugar would do that. It is quite satisfying though.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
If you have anxiety don't drink caffeine it's proven to make you more anxious btw

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
mental exhaustion tends to manifest itself as physical exhaustion, which triggers the urge to ctb on me (and probably everyone else).

sleep usually don't help. eating loads of sugar works for 30/40 min and then fatigue is back (eating anything has the same effect, but sugar is the best). hot showers can ease the feeling a bit but not for long.

btw i am not in need of any vitamin or nutrient (exams confirmed). doctors as always are useless.

anyone of you knows how to manage this? i am trying not to abuse Xanax and alcohol.
Adderall, Methamphetamines, coke/crack, ephedrine & caffeine.

J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
This is where I'm at as well just so exhausted