• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

suicidepanda

suicidepanda

delightfully dreadful
Sep 25, 2023
firstly, let's discuss how it feels to be lonely.

most of the time, loneliness can be a gut-wrenching, stomach-turning abomination of feelings, and often so, I find myself too caught up in other things to read about how to help myself feel less lonely.

now, it may sound easier to say than do, but one thing you need to start on to be less lonely, is to begin enjoying your own company. do you ever look at a tv character, a book character, or some other fictional figure that seems to have the perfect, happy life every day?

or maybe, you look at a stranger or friend, across from the street, taking on the world like a champ. and you begin to wonder, why can't I be like this? I'm so lonely all the time, it makes me sad, it makes me tired, and it makes me unmotivated.

to begin, we should recognize what you're feeling in the moment. If you catch yourself feeling extra lonely, say it to yourself. "I feel lonely today." Recognizing your feelings and saying them out loud may not seem like it'll help, but it's just the first step towards making your feelings more clear.

Now, every time you feel lonely, you should be recognizing that.

Here's something you're gonna hear all the time: "Pick up a hobby, and you'll be less lonely." While this is partly true and sounds fairly easy; it needs to be something you truly enjoy. something you can easily focus on. something that makes it easier for you to connect with others. here's a few hobbies that I recommend:

drawing, painting, writing, gardening, wood carving, sculpting, playing an instrument of your choice, dancing, gaming, knitting, crocheting, making music, fashion, baking, cooking, coding, collecting, graphic design, animating, sewing, cosplaying, and even Dungeons and Dragons type shit if you're into that.

Next, this is gonna be a debatable one, but, get a pet. A dog, a cat, a guinea pig, a fish, a fucking iguana. mostly applies to people who don't already have pets… animals can be great companions, and my dog surely keeps me from getting too bored.

which brings me to my next point, always entertain yourself. one leading cause of being lonely (for me) is overthinking. being left by myself with my thoughts causes me to overthink wayyyyyy too much, and then i start to feel blegh and like shit and get all lonely. you NEED to find something to do. I cannot stress this enough. if you gotta bring your phone to the toilet every single time just to keep yourself from getting too bored, do it. being lonely feels like shit and you shouldn't have to feel bad all the time just because.

another thing, have a routine. having a routine will give you a better sense of confidence and security during the day because you'll always know what's ahead of you. I like to plan things out when I have the time and energy to do so, usually in my head if I'm feeling extra drained, and I like to carry out my routine just like i planned it.

also, stop self-deprecating when it comes to being lonely. I say this because, when it comes to being lonely, the more you say "ahhh, i have no friends… i have no girlfriend/boyfriend…" you're basically manifesting that to be true. you have to have some form of confidence and self security to be able to make friends with people. im not saying you have to be perfect, or even happy, to make friends, but you have to not make yourself feel bad all the time, and maybe you'll feel at least a little better when you're not constantly worried about being by yourself .

it's okay to be by yourself. it's okay to like your own company. It's OKAY to want to CTB because you're lonely. it's valid.

try not to resent others because of your loneliness. you haven't met your people yet, and that's okay. the world is HUGE. there are SO many people. so many ….

i want to say that i wrote none of this to shame or belittle anyone, nor did I mean to force anyone to do anything. just writing out to share some of my personal tips, I hope they were at least a little bit relevant.

goodnight, I wish you all peace.