• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Depressed

Jul 31, 2018
For people who consider the exit bag method. My problem is that I don't know how to set the flow rate to 15 l/min. Granted a regulator would control tye outlet pressure, but not the flow rate. Does anyone know the way around this.

Reactions: dog3000
P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018
I looked in PPEH but couldn't find the answer to this question. I wonder if they're trying to get you to buy their expensive Max Dog contraption which has a setting for 15 liters per minute. It must be possible to calculate or find a flow regulator to do this.

@Aponia & Ataraxia may have answered this question here.

Last edited:
D

Depressed

Jul 31, 2018
I looked in PPEH but couldn't find the answer to this question. I wonder if they're trying to get you to buy their expensive Max Dog contraption which has a setting for 15 liters per minute. It must be possible to calculate or find a flow regulator to do this.

@Aponia & Ataraxia may have answered this question here.
The problem is that I cannot order the Max Dog contraption from where I live. Thanks for directing me to that other discussion.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
The problem is that I cannot order the Max Dog contraption from where I live. Thanks for directing me to that other discussion.

Ask on welding forums or search YouTube.

P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018
15 LPM (liters per minute) = 32 CFH (31,78)

LPM to CFH converter - http://www.kylesconverter.com/flow/cubic-feet-per-hour-to-liters-per-minute.

Nitrogen regulator from UK with LPM ("Liters per minute") and CFH grade. Price - £28.99

https://www.gas-uk.co.uk/superflow-nitrogen-regulator.html

View attachment 326

You're a legend, @azeton.

I didn't know it was that simple.

But I think this "click-style" regulator is closer to Max Dog - it lets you 'click in' the flow to 15 LPM (in the picture it's set to 0 LPM) whereas the ones from the Amazon links just display the flow but don't control it - at least that's my understanding based on the criticisms described in the Amazon reviews. I wonder if @chronicpainnomore is aware of this.

https://www.wtfarley.com/Nitrogen-Click-Style-Regulator-CGA-580

nr-580a25_15b1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: azeton
Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018

But I think this "click-style" regulator is closer to Max Dog - it lets you 'click in' the flow to 15 LPM (in the picture it's set to 0 LPM) whereas the ones from the Amazon links just display the flow but don't control it - at least that's my understanding based on the criticisms described in the Amazon reviews. I wonder if @chronicpainnomore is aware of this.

nr-580a25_15b1.jpg
nice find, Pony!

[Edit] the site claims you must be a licensed medical practitioner or brewmaster :meh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pony Slaystation
A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018

nr-580a25_15b1.jpg

One problem
IMG 20180801 081048

P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018
nice find, Pony!

[Edit] the site claims you must be a licensed medical practitioner or brewmaster :meh:

I didn't notice that requirement. Glad you pointed it out. I wonder what the requirement is to demonstrate that you are a "brewmaster"? Can't be that hard?

In any case we don't need to focus definitively on that unit or vendor, but simply to look for other examples of "nitrogen click-style regulators", preferably with LBM click settings.

This one from WTFarley is a good few hundred dollars cheaper than the Max Dog one without sacrificing anything essential provided by Max Dog (the hose can be bought anywhere).

I resent Nietschke for price gouging on Max Dog and using PPEH as a platform for doing so. That's the main reason I want to find an alternative - not that I can't afford Max Dog.

Reactions: azeton
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I just want something that is easy to use. I don't know anything about nitrogen or regulators and the thought of being faced with the complications of it stresses me out. I have no idea how to connect a regulator to a tank or how to use the regulator. This is frustrating to me because this is how I want to die and if I can't figure it out I'll be forced to use a gun. And we all know I could potentially survive a gunshot wound to the head and then I'd be worse off than I am now. So I HAVE to learn how to use a regulator. I feel pretty stupid, even though I have a college degree in mathematics. This is from a decade of not using my brain. Thanks, depression.

Reactions: Tiburcio