• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
Hi, I'm writing this hoping someone can tell me what I need to look at to make sure a website/business is legit. I have recently run into this website in the UK that sells all sorts of substances: N, SN, cyanide, etc.

Okay, now I know if something sounds too good to be true, it might be. So I looked into the government website to see more about this business, and it has been around since the 80s with bank statements, etc. published and their filings were also updated regularly. The latest update was in February 2020.

I also looked into their About Us page, and Privacy Statement page, things seem legit. They say that they sell to labs and industrial uses only; However, they also very transparently state that they hold no accountability for the misuse of their products and they will still send products to individuals. I cannot seem to find information anywhere about whether this is a scam or not. Everything on the website seems legit, and they accept Bank Wire and Bitcoin.

After all that, I still feel EXTREMELY skeptical, so I want to ask how do you know if this is legit or not? Once again, I know it seems too good to be true, but I am a bit desperate and this suddenly came up like a knight in shining armour lol, so I thought I would ask others and give it a shot.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
You won't be able to buy from them if they only sell to labs, right? If you can actually buy from this site then I'm 99% sure it's scam or some shady business.

Reactions: darksideofthebright
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
You won't be able to buy from them if they only sell to labs, right? If you can actually buy from this site then I'm 99% sure it's scam or some shady business.
I checked again, and they said that "intended for laboratory and research use only". They actually didn't mention that they would only SELL to labs and industrial uses. Is it just the way I interpret the words or do they really mean different things?

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I checked again, and they said that "intended for laboratory and research use only". They actually didn't mention that they would only SELL to labs and industrial uses. Is it just the way I interpret the words or do they really mean different things?
Would you pm the site to me? I would like to check it out.

• Hugs
Reactions: darksideofthebright
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
To check if a site is safe I usually just search up on Google and ask if the site is safe.......usually works.
I tried to, but it came back with no result about this website, which is really odd. You can't even copy and paste the content on the website because it's protected.

M

mikenoir

To cheer upon death: to see life as more beautiful
Nov 3, 2020
Hi, I'm writing this hoping someone can tell me what I need to look at to make sure a website/business is legit. I have recently run into this website in the UK that sells all sorts of substances: N, SN, cyanide, etc.

Okay, now I know if something sounds too good to be true, it might be. So I looked into the government website to see more about this business, and it has been around since the 80s with bank statements, etc. published and their filings were also updated regularly. The latest update was in February 2020.

I also looked into their About Us page, and Privacy Statement page, things seem legit. They say that they sell to labs and industrial uses only; However, they also very transparently state that they hold no accountability for the misuse of their products and they will still send products to individuals. I cannot seem to find information anywhere about whether this is a scam or not. Everything on the website seems legit, and they accept Bank Wire and Bitcoin.

After all that, I still feel EXTREMELY skeptical, so I want to ask how do you know if this is legit or not? Once again, I know it seems too good to be true, but I am a bit desperate and this suddenly came up like a knight in shining armour lol, so I thought I would ask others and give it a shot.
Well, I hope the site does not look like doctorbarbituate.com. LOL. Scam alert. Anyway, you cannot but it even if it were true right? You're not a business.

M

mikenoir

Nov 3, 2020
Would you PM me the website link? I guess one way to test it would be to buy the cheapest smallest thing you can and then test it with a lab to see if it's legit.
Oh, yeah. That way they can't steal his credit card details...

M

mikenoir

Nov 3, 2020
They have a bitcoin option he said. so no need to use a credit card.
That's true. I guess the only problem is that he is not a business and they won't deliver it.

S

sanchua

Nov 28, 2020
Type the sites name and then type reviews. Lastly check whether the site has a "live" chat that generates generic responses that'll let you know it's a probable scam.
Oh and call their number to see if someone answers.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
M

mikenoir

Nov 3, 2020
That's true. I guess the only problem is that he is not a business and they won't deliver it.
Also, it's a bit weird that an industrial manufacturer of such substances would have bitcoin as payment option? Why? They sell to businesses. I don't know. It seems weird.

Reactions: demuic and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Also, it's a bit weird that an industrial manufacturer of such substances would have bitcoin as payment option? Why? They sell to businesses. I don't know. It seems weird.
Yeah he gave me the link of the site and I can confirm that it's scam. Well, it was too good to be true...

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
Oof like sadworld said, this did seem too good to be true lol. I thought I would just give it a shot anyway. Thank you guys! Probably will delete the thread in a bit.

Legitimacy
Me no speak good Engrisk :pfff:

Type the sites name and then type reviews. Lastly check whether the site has a "live" chat that generates generic responses that'll let you know it's a probable scam.
Oh and call their number to see if someone answers.
I wanted to do that but I was too scared to interact, thinking they would track and hunt me down lol. I know it's not real, but my trust issues really make things 100x more difficult.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red and Gromit-CTB