• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How open are you to the train method? (Assuming you do it well and it's quick)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
How open are you to the train method?

In this situation, you'd be doing it in a way where there's a very high chance of death and will likely be little/no pain and a quick death. You'd have done your homework.

Either

1) It's a decapitation
2) You get hit face first by a fast moving train, so you will go unconscious immediately.

Reactions: RosesFlourish
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Honestly it sounds terrifying which is why I so admire those who died in such a way, they are very brave to me. If I had access to this and did research I'd still fear it failing personally, that's what sounds horrifying to me.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I don't judge anyone who chooses this method, but personally, I don't want to be the person responsible for the closure of the line (which in my city would affect a ton of people), and I don't want to scar the train driver or any witnesses.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't want to be decapitated or die a bloody and gory death. I'd prefer a peaceful, guaranteed one. I don't want my death to be in public or involve other people (apart from VAD/MAID which is my ideal method). I feel like it should be a private thing. I also don't want to cause more suffering (like for example if someone sees and then gets traumatized); I want to minimize it. My life philosophy is about minimizing pain and suffering.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
I also don't want to cause more suffering (like for example if someone sees and then gets traumatized); I want to minimize it. My life philosophy is about minimizing pain and suffering.
Same. When I was planning my attempt and looking into methods, the three criteria I used to judge them by were:
1) Minimally impactful
2) Convenient/accessible
3) Reasonably fatal
This is why I always come back to drowning with weights, it's the only method that seems to fit all my criteria.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
Same. When I was planning my attempt and looking into methods, the three criteria I used to judge them by were:
1) Minimally impactful
2) Convenient/accessible
3) Reasonably fatal
This is why I always come back to drowning with weights, it's the only method that seems to fit all my criteria.
I am terrified of water and drowning and worry I would start to try and survive and panic; or if I was somehow caught it would be obvious. I really would want to find something that would let me blankout and be unconscious (pills) and then also drown so you'd end the reflex to survive

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Never, I don't think it's ever justified. I know we suffer but making someone else (probably multiple people) traumatised is never right.

I know people say society has stopped peaceful methods but I strongly disagree. There are loads of quick and reliable peaceful methods for us to access.

Only psychopaths have no care and compassion for innocent people in my view.

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
rn it's my backup plan, but depending on some circumstances it could be the method

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
I know people say society has stopped peaceful methods but I strongly disagree. There are loads of quick and reliable peaceful methods for us to access.
I keep hearing you say this, but you never specify exactly what these "quick and reliable" methods are. Care to elaborate?

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
RosesFlourish

RosesFlourish

There’s a chance I could make it
Feb 16, 2024
My first option is taking an AFF course (Accelerated Freefall) and just not pull the parachute. But the parachute is there if SI kicks in

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I hope I wouldn't choose this method. But none of us really know how we'd react when backed into a corner. But no- I think I'd prefer jumping over train. I don't like the thought of directly involving another person.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
CO, inert gases, h2s, suspension hanging, fentanyl, pentobarbital, night night are just a handful I can think of immediately
Most of these methods are inaccessible unless you're willing to try some shady/risky things. Some also require equipment, which is not always feasible for people who live with others or who don't have a lot of money. Hanging would be the exception but I guess a lot of people have a visceral distaste for it and can't get over the hump.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Most of these methods are inaccessible unless you're willing to try some shady/risky things. Some also require equipment, which is not always feasible for people who live with others or who don't have a lot of money. Hanging would be the exception but I guess a lot of people have a visceral distaste for it and can't get over the hump.
None of them are inaccessible, most you can pickup from Amazon, even same day delivery.

Fent/pent you'd have to wait 24 hours for probably.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
CO, inert gases, h2s, suspension hanging, fentanyl, pentobarbital, night night are just a handful I can think of immediately

There's just no excuse to jump in front of a train in my opinion
Could they be impulse suicides? I know a guy who died by train; he was my childhood friend but we grew apart over time.

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
i think about it a lot, especially in desperate moments. i was very close one time but my mom pulled me back before i could jump...when i think about it with a sober mind and not in a state of an emotional breakdown i would say no. when i stand there and a train passes by and the ground is shaking and i focus on the train wrecks...it sends chills down my body.
also i dont want to have such a gruesome death..if i do ctb then i want it to be "pretty". and i would force someone to become a murderer and the people who have to pick up my corpse would see my body...my family would have to see my corpse. I cant do this to them.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
None of them are inaccessible, most you can pickup from Amazon, even same day delivery.

Guess it depends on your location. In my province in Canada, I can't so much as buy the lowest strength ibuprofen online. No idea where I'd get fentanyl or pentobarbital from, nevermind hydrogen sulfide.

I've also searched for inert gases on Amazon and elsewhere, and they only have the empty tanks themselves (which are $200 CAD regardless). I did manage to find N2 on another website but you're charged for everyday you have it and you have to submit a request just to get the price.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I would have to be really desperate in order to proceed with this method. Its not in my top 3

Anyway... I dont judge ppl who ctbed via the train.

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
As everyone else has said I don't want to involve some innocent random civilian. In places where suicide rates are high the people who drive trains are said to be super depressed because they know they couldn't do anything to stop it. Plus witnesses more than likely, would hate to do that to anyone.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Not my type of method personally, would try lots of methods before this one. This is public and will cause a scene and possibly negatively affect anyone there, and that is definitely not what I want to do.

diytopsurgery

diytopsurgery

Let death be kinder than man
Oct 25, 2023
I really don't think I would. A lot of train conductors get seriously fucked up from deaths, plus all the people on board. IIRC after 3 deaths conductors have to retire. If it was my only way the yeah, but I'll probably go for something less intrusive.

LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
Could they be impulse suicides? I know a guy who died by train; he was my childhood friend but we grew apart over time.
The only study about it that I know of concluded that railway suicides are "rarely impulsive".

That assumes that you can order stuff from Amazon (or online in general) in the first place, which not everyone can do.

• Informative
Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
I'd prefer a peaceful, guaranteed one.
What method do you honestly have access to that would give you this?

If I get access to a 80mph train and get hit right in the skull, I'm going unconscious immediately and dying unless a miracle happens.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
Never considered it as where I live it usually ends with people coming up to save your ass before the act happens but it's a really hardcore way to go sounds worse than jumping from heights.

Reactions: Forveleth
Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Never considered it as where I live it usually ends with people coming up to save your ass before the act happens but it's a really hardcore way to go sounds worse than jumping from heights.

If you manage to find a fast enough train and it hits you head on, you'll likely die instantly or very quickly.

Reactions: sunsetting