• 67-73

• 74-80

• 81+

Results are only viewable after voting.
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
34, soon to be 35. It's distressing to see that half the population of the board is college kids, but with that generation having to grow up with constant unrestricted internet access and having screen addictions since birth pretty much, I guess I understand. It's made the world quite soulless.

This question made me curious to look up stats, as I've always thought suicide was most common among middle aged to elderly people. Looks like it's actually most common in ages 25-34.
Yeah they always say it's middle aged men so that's interesting, sad though.

@Cinnamorolls
@EvisceratedJester
You two shush it; you keep making me feel uglier๐Ÿ˜ญ
and older...๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜“

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
34, soon to be 35. It's distressing to see that half the population of the board is college kids, but with that generation having to grow up with constant unrestricted internet access and having screen addictions since birth pretty much, I guess I understand. It's made the world quite soulless.

This question made me curious to look up stats, as I've always thought suicide was most common among middle aged to elderly people. Looks like it's actually most common in ages 25-34.
That applies more to Gen Alpha and young Gen Z, not really older Gen Z (the ones on here). Most of those a part of older Gen Z had childhoods more similar to young millenials, so no one was becoming addicted to their screens since birth. Ipad kids/toddlers didn't come around until years later. Also, this is the internet. Most of the people who spend their time online are a part of the younger generations so it makes sense that most of the users on here are disproportionately in their early adult years.

Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
That applies more to Gen Alpha and young Gen Z, not really older Gen Z (the ones on here). Most of those a part of older Gen Z had childhoods more similar to young millenials, so no one was becoming addicted to their screens since birth. Ipad kids/toddlers didn't come around until years later. Also, this is the internet. Most of the people who spend their time online are a part of the younger generations so it makes sense that most of the users on here are disproportionately in their early adult years.
I was being a bit dramatic with the "since birth" wording, but certainly since late elementary/middle school. Smartphones and tablets became commonplace items that people were obsessed with around 2010, as well as social media exploding around that time. Young people right now surely were affected by these things for at least half their childhood.

As for that last part, it really depends where online you're looking. I'm a spring chicken compared to most of the Facebook userbase for example, which seems to be almost entirely elder Millennials, Gen X and Boomers. Nextdoor is another one like that.

• Aww..
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
I

itwillpass

Jan 1, 2020
Interesting. I'm 45 male, I've been suffering depression since late teens. Early 20s was a real bad time and not sure how I'm still here. I have teenage kids and elderly parents so I'm well aware that I would absolutely ruin peoples lives at exactly the wrong time so it's a case of grin and bear it for as long as poss.

I genuinely hope the younger members find some peace somehow. I know people who have recovered and gone on to lead successful lives, it can be done. Unfortunately I'm the bad example - I do all the healthy eating, I'm very fit, in good shape etc but none of it really works, it makes things bearable until I can end things.

• Love
Reactions: ToMoveOn and Sylveon
LifeTransit_1

LifeTransit_1

Death is inevitable. I just want mine early.
Oct 25, 2023
22, Abusive Parents caused me to attempt since 16 y/o. Depression since 15, and is autistic.

• Aww..
Reactions: Bobert_Beniro
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024

Reactions: Catch-22, ToMoveOn and DefinitelyReady
kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
53 for two more months.

Reactions: ToMoveOn and DefinitelyReady
VeryShy

VeryShy

Disabled due to severe autism, and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Damn, I'm not that old, but most people here are younger then me. Unfortunately, I guess.

itsneverbeenmoreove

itsneverbeenmoreove

You are just my love
May 21, 2024
Damn, I'm not sure how to feel about how young the demographic is here. Hell, I'm still pretty young (29), but that there are people here who can't even drink in the US legally is wild to me. It really is a shocking condemnation of the world I think.

• Aww..
Reactions: Catch-22 and DefinitelyReady
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...๐Ÿ˜ข
Aug 19, 2019
Damn, I'm not sure how to feel about how young the demographic is here. Hell, I'm still pretty young (29), but that there are people here who can't even drink in the US legally is wild to me. It really is a shocking condemnation of the world I think.
I know I'm shocked at how young people are in here. I thought I would look up the current statistics just for the US on the suicide rate and it is the highest in history.. it's sad but I was not surprised.

seph25

seph25

Jun 21, 2024
25, I wish that condition could have waited a little more.

J

Justnotme2

Jun 25, 2024
Today I turned 27 years old. In honor of my next hated birthday, I wanted to die in my sleep at night. But I woke up. And I feel very bad

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
Sad to see so many kids on here already giving up/wanting to CTB

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Sad to see so many kids on here already giving up/wanting to CTB
I mean I would've been here at their age too, but I consider myself a hopeless case statistic, unlike a lot here.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I mean I would've been here at their age too, but I consider myself a hopeless case statistic, unlike a lot here.
Could just be that more younguns online compared to olduns.

Re62

Re62

Mar 23, 2024
Don't know if you're in the states, but that's our legal drinking age. Happy early Birthday๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰
Not from the states, but it's the legal drinking age here where I live as well and thanks.