athyy

athyy

Oct 6, 2023
ive read about how awful and slow it is to die from ODing on tylenol, but its the only thing i can get my hands on and the only thing i can take without getting too scared. jumping from somewhere high terrifies me, i cant bring myself to do it. so this is my only other preferred method. anyone know how much to take to die for sure? i dont want to fail.

avaruus

avaruus

loser Ā· gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
The median lethal dose (LD50) for Paracetamol (Tylenol) is 1944 mg per 1kg

• Informative
Reactions: Trakehner and NearlyIrrelevantCake
Geist

Geist

F this forum and its members. Nothing but pussies.
Oct 7, 2023
I just want to reitirate that this is truly not a fun way to go. As you said, you will be in excrutiating pain for a long time, and in the worst case you might even survive. It's a lot harder to die from over the counter meds than people may think. The human body can be quite resilient.

If you do decide to go through with it... good luck? Man, that sounds like such a shitty thing to say. Would you mind sharing your reason for wanting to do this?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
athyy

athyy

Oct 6, 2023
I just want to reitirate that this is truly not a fun way to go. As you said, you will be in excrutiating pain for a long time, and in the worst case you might even survive. It's a lot harder to die from over the counter meds than people may think. The human body can be quite resilient.

If you do decide to go through with it... good luck? Man, that sounds like such a shitty thing to say. Would you mind sharing your reason for wanting to do this?
my reason for wanting to ctb, or my reason to use tylenol as my method?

Geist

Geist

Oct 7, 2023
my reason for wanting to ctb, or my reason to use tylenol as my method?
Your reason for wanting to ctb. From the sounds of it, you'll want to go through with it soon. Things must really suck if you're willing to choose a painful method like that.

Btw., I'm kind of confused by the rules here. You can openly talk about going through with it, or what methods you use. But you can't give someone else other options or advice, right?

athyy

athyy

Oct 6, 2023
Your reason for wanting to ctb. From the sounds of it, you'll want to go through with it soon. Things must really suck if you're willing to choose a painful method like that.

Btw., I'm kind of confused by the rules here. You can openly talk about going through with it, or what methods you use. But you can't give someone else other options or advice, right?
well ive been treated like crap my whole life. i was always a bit slow and a bit on the sensitive side, so i was always targeted by others. ive been beat up, made fun of, and humiliated more times then i can count. im sick of being the worthless, lazy, sensitive person of my family. i still live with my mom and siblings, and im still very young, so Tylenol is the only thing i can really get my hands on. i have no other choice, really. its either die slowly and painfully or live and deal with the people who hate me and want to hurt me simply for existing.
im not really about that, sorryšŸ™

• Informative
Reactions: Geist
Geist

Geist

Oct 7, 2023
well ive been treated like crap my whole life. i was always a bit slow and a bit on the sensitive side, so i was always targeted by others. ive been beat up, made fun of, and humiliated more times then i can count. im sick of being the worthless, lazy, sensitive person of my family. i still live with my mom and siblings, and im still very young, so Tylenol is the only thing i can really get my hands on. i have no other choice, really. its either die slowly and painfully or live and deal with the people who hate me and want to hurt me simply for existing.
I don't want to make assumptions, but it sounds like you're still in your early teens. I just looked at a poll, and there is an disturbing amount of very young people on here.

Anyway, are you absolutely positive that there is no other way out for you? Have you tried going to therapy? I've even been forcefully admitted to a psychward before, and it really wasn't that bad, looking back on it.
I'm also just going to guess you're still going to school? How much longer would it take you to get a proper job, get your own place and just put this chapter of your life behind you?

You've probably thought about your own situation more than anyone, but I just want to make sure that you've exhausted all other options before you do something you can't undo, you know?

I'm sorry if you don't like being told this kinda stuff. I know it can come off as pretty annoying and insincere, that's how it made me feel back then too.

Reactions: larastoned and lifeisbutadream
CandycanePuke

CandycanePuke

Sep 26, 2023
Lethal overdose of Tylenol varies person to person. How you die from Tylenol is that it causes you to go into acute liver failure. (Which does mean you can try multiple times and have a higher chance of success each time since your liver has already taken a hit from previous attempts) Liver failure is an extremely painful death. Once your liver actually gives out you will have give or take three days until you die. Three days to doubt your decision. To change your mind. But once you've started you can't go back even if you want to. Three days typically isn't enough time to find a suitable liver donation.

And if you don't die from your overdose your liver is still going to be shot. You will have to be careful about every drink, a lot of medications you may need, because your liver is hobbling along.

As someone who tried it, don't do it. It's really not worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, lifeisbutadream and NearlyIrrelevantCake
W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
It's "long and painful" as in, it will be longer than what you anticipate and it hurts so much you're going to voluntarily seek medical help. There's a reason everyone has a Tylenol OD story and how they don't recommend it. Sounds like you live with family? No way they won't notice the agony you're in and let you be unless they're the kind to beat kids up and don't let them go to the hospital until the kid dies.

• Informative
Reactions: athyy and NearlyIrrelevantCake
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023

As I understand it, what is against the rules is wandering into pro life counselling, querying motives, suggesting counselling etc. There is a Recovery section for that type of discussion.
This is, after all, "Suicide Discussion", which gives a clear hint as to the subject matter.

• Informative
Reactions: Geist and NearlyIrrelevantCake
athyy

athyy

Oct 6, 2023
Lethal overdose of Tylenol varies person to person. How you die from Tylenol is that it causes you to go into acute liver failure. (Which does mean you can try multiple times and have a higher chance of success each time since your liver has already taken a hit from previous attempts) Liver failure is an extremely painful death. Once your liver actually gives out you will have give or take three days until you die. Three days to doubt your decision. To change your mind. But once you've started you can't go back even if you want to. Three days typically isn't enough time to find a suitable liver donation.

And if you don't die from your overdose your liver is still going to be shot. You will have to be careful about every drink, a lot of medications you may need, because your liver is hobbling along.

As someone who tried it, don't do it. It's really not worth it.
definitely doesnt sound worth it, thanks for the info.
I don't want to make assumptions, but it sounds like you're still in your early teens. I just looked at a poll, and there is an disturbing amount of very young people on here.

Anyway, are you absolutely positive that there is no other way out for you? Have you tried going to therapy? I've even been forcefully admitted to a psychward before, and it really wasn't that bad, looking back on it.
I'm also just going to guess you're still going to school? How much longer would it take you to get a proper job, get your own place and just put this chapter of your life behind you?

You've probably thought about your own situation more than anyone, but I just want to make sure that you've exhausted all other options before you do something you can't undo, you know?

I'm sorry if you don't like being told this kinda stuff. I know it can come off as pretty annoying and insincere, that's how it made me feel back then too.
i have counselling that i have to do for a couple months that i have to go to after a recent hate crime that happened against me, and im afraid to really tell the counsellor anything. i have had a couple jobs, but it was all just silly part times.

im honestly unsure if i really wanna go through with it, but i figured if i just get it done with then there will be no more room for doubt, or second thoughts, but ill give it more thought before i do something ill regret. thank you for the advice.

Last edited:
Geist

Geist

Oct 7, 2023
As I understand it, what is against the rules is wandering into pro life counselling, querying motives, suggesting counselling etc. There is a Recovery section for that type of discussion.
This is, after all, "Suicide Discussion", which gives a clear hint as to the subject matter.
Oh, I see. Guess I already messed up with my previous post, huh? Sorry about that.

i have counselling that i have to do for a couple months that i have to go to after a recent hate crime that happened against me, and im afraid to really tell the counsellor anything. i have had a couple jobs, but it was all just silly part times.
First off all... sorry that happened to you. It's a real shame that the majority of people on this planet are a waste of space. I hope whatever happened to you wasn't too horrible.
Regarding the counseller, you're being smart. Definitely don't mention anything suicide related, because they will instantly lock you up. Speaking from experience, as I've said in my earlier post. It would've probably helped, had I been in the mindstate I'm in today. But when that just gets forced on you with no say in the matter... you'll never trust anyone with anything again for a long time. That's how it was, and still is tbh, for me today.

im honestly unsure if i really wanna go through with it, but i figured if i just get it done with then there will be no more room for doubt, or second thoughts, but ill give it more thought before i do something ill regret. thank you for the advice.
I'm pretty sure that's how it is for most of us. Death is a scary thing for everyone. Actually taking your own life is very hard, especially if you don't have the right tools. I do know that the very thought of dying and eternal piece is a very comforting one though. "I'll be dead soon anyway". That's how I justify everything when I fuck up major life decision, as I do so often.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent here. I hope you can find some kind of light in your life again. I'm not going to tell you "things will get better", because that would just be a straight up lie. What I will say though, and you'll probably your eyes at this... you're not alone.

athyy

athyy

Oct 6, 2023
Oh, I see. Guess I already messed up with my previous post, huh? Sorry about that.

First off all... sorry that happened to you. It's a real shame that the majority of people on this planet are a waste of space. I hope whatever happened to you wasn't too horrible.
Regarding the counseller, you're being smart. Definitely don't mention anything suicide related, because they will instantly lock you up. Speaking from experience, as I've said in my earlier post. It would've probably helped, had I been in the mindstate I'm in today. But when that just gets forced on you with no say in the matter... you'll never trust anyone with anything again for a long time. That's how it was, and still is tbh, for me today.

I'm pretty sure that's how it is for most of us. Death is a scary thing for everyone. Actually taking your own life is very hard, especially if you don't have the right tools. I do know that the very thought of dying and eternal piece is a very comforting one though. "I'll be dead soon anyway". That's how I justify everything when I fuck up major life decision, as I do so often.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent here. I hope you can find some kind of light in your life again. I'm not going to tell you "things will get better", because that would just be a straight up lie. What I will say though, and you'll probably your eyes at this... you're not alone.
yeah, i wasnt planning on telling the counsellor anything, heard too many stories of people being sent to psych wards for mentioning suicidal thoughts to medical professionals.

thank you so much for this. it does help knowing that im not alone feeling this way. i also read your post about your situation and im really sorry for all that's happening to you. im here if you ever need anyone to talk to.

• Love
Reactions: Geist