• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

internetera

Apr 22, 2018
Hi,I'm planning to get rid of myself in a couple of days,and people say that drinking helps overcoming the survival instinct.Problem is,I never drank any alcohol in my life,so I don't know which beverage and how much of it.I think that this won't be necessary,even if I'm terrified,i can just close my eyes and jump,and once its done its done.
But I'd like to reduce my chances of survival as much as possible.Any advice?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bicalu
S

septembersunrose

Apr 19, 2018
Any advice?

You don't have to drink, but it does make one bolder. And makes you bleed more. But may make it harder to control the jump to hit the ground head-first. (Edit: I think being drunk could also make the fall surreal and less scary, but I never fell more than a few meters while drunk...)

Obviously, hard liquor would be the most effective, but if you are not used to it, you might get sick from it, and it's not a pleasant experience. I worked my tolerance up the last few weeks, and commercially available drinks over 40% are still kinda yucky.

• Cocktails are really nice, you don't have to keep your stomach empty for jumping as I know, so tasty long drinks sound like a good choice. (Last chance to get fancy)
  • Dried fruits or gummy bears soaked in vodka rarely upset the stomach and can hit you hard.
  • Fruit syrup mixed with vodka or Becherovka can be a good option, too, or just mix them with orange juice to take the edge.
  • For quick results have a shot of something like Absinthe or Sunset rum etc as close to 170 proof / 85% as you can get and immediately wash it down with a non-alcoholic beverage that has a strong taste. Wait a bit, repeat if necessary.

Last edited:
I

internetera

Apr 22, 2018
Until your world starts spinning. Since jumping is not rocket science, you can drink until you're drunk.
One thing i didn't mention is i might use a train.I much prefer the jumping,but there is the possibility of getting caught and someone not letting me go.In the case of the train i think getting super drunk might cause me missing the spot of lying down.

I

internetera

Apr 22, 2018
Thanks,i think i'll go with the last one,drinking the super strong stuff that i buy in the nearest store from my final destination.The rum you mentioned seems like it can be found anywhere.

S

septembersunrose

Apr 19, 2018
One thing i didn't mention is i might use a train.I much prefer the jumping,but there is the possibility of getting caught and someone not letting me go.In the case of the train i think getting super drunk might cause me missing the spot of lying down.

You could drink, then wait for the buzz, position yourself, and let the alcohol eat the world up. Since you don't really know how much you can take, and it would be really embarassing to wake up in the morning a few feets from the track in your own vomit - do a practice shot the day before, or take an antiemetic that makes you sleepy. (Practically that's my plan B, except I know how well I hold my liquor.)

I

internetera

Apr 22, 2018
You could drink, then wait for the buzz.)
The train has a protective thing on the front,so i can't position myself and wait for it to come.It has to be under one of the carriers,so I have to lay down with the right timing.

S

septembersunrose

Apr 19, 2018
The train has a protective thing on the front

That sucks :( Here not all models have it, or at least not very effective. Had a hobo sleep between tracks, the train went over him, no harm, walked away. Father of a classmate lay on the tracks drunk, no harm either, he just died. Jumping under would be too much for me.

C

cynicat

Apr 25, 2018
My most recent (nearly successful) suicide attempt was to down as much alcohol as I could and jump into oncoming traffic. I swigged about 2/3 of a fifth of vodka but fell into a coma on the sidewalk before I was able to fully carry out my plan. Unfortunately someone called 911 and I was ultimately revived in the ER. I will tell you that the medical staff told me that had I consumed that much alcohol so quickly and not been brought to the hospital, I likely would have died on my own. My BAC was above 0.40. However, I don't drink that often regularly and know some people who can consume an entire fifth in a day and still function.

FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
Some harder malt beverages might work best. They are super sweet and have a high alcohol content. Not sure where you're located, but Mike's Harder and Smirnoff Smash are 8% alcohol. If you can choke down Four Loco they're 14%. If you can find Great Adventure they're actually really good. They come in mason jar looking things and they're 14%. Don't drink too much too fast or you'll just be totally out of it and you'll pass out. Drink some, wait 15 minutes and see how you feel.

LigottiSchopenhauer

LigottiSchopenhauer

Jan 7, 2023
Heavy alcoholism is its own form of suicide. If you're considering CTB, I'd recommend getting as drunk as you want to, whenever you want to. It's really fun, and will help you forget about your problems for a while. If you're gonna kill yourself anyway, you might as well enjoy some drug abuse before you go.

Reactions: FullCircle
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Some harder malt beverages might work best. They are super sweet and have a high alcohol content. Not sure where you're located, but Mike's Harder and Smirnoff Smash are 8% alcohol. If you can choke down Four Loco they're 14%. If you can find Great Adventure they're actually really good. They come in mason jar looking things and they're 14%. Don't drink too much too fast or you'll just be totally out of it and you'll pass out. Drink some, wait 15 minutes and see how you feel.
You know that you are answering someone who was seen last in 2018 right?