D

Dookieshoes

Aug 15, 2020
How plugged in are you to the news? Be it on TV or social media or wherever else? Do you pay close attention?

I've not payed much attention for a while. I get the basics when others complain about X. I'll read about something if I need to know more about something. Otherwise, I'm pretty disconnected. I don't seem to be as irritable as others and I don't really post on social media. Wondering what everyone else is doing.

Reactions: I screwed up, Susannah and ixkitty
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i pay some attention to current events, but sometimes it gets too overwhelming for me and makes me ungodly angry. i do try my best to share what's going on, though, and do something instead of saying "oh my god this is so sad :((" and going back to whatever i was doing before.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I used to like being informed about world events. Since COVID I've been (literally) traumatised by the news. I'm on the side of it being a Plandemic and that we're at the beginning of the Great Reset. The World Economic Forum is at the centre of change. It's scary to see how humanity has been changed so drastically and so swiftly. I should turn off the news and try to protect what little sanity I have left...but I'm not strong enough. I have too much time on my hands and so many monumental changes are taking place, I find myself drawn to read everything. :ehh:

Reactions: Girobatol
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
I used to like being informed about world events. Since COVID I've been (literally) traumatised by the news. I'm on the side of it being a Plandemic and that we're at the beginning of the Great Reset. The World Economic Forum is at the centre of change. It's scary to see how humanity has been changed so drastically and so swiftly. I should turn off the news and try to protect what little sanity I have left...but I'm not strong enough. I have too much time on my hands and so many monumental changes are taking place, I find myself drawn to read everything. :ehh:

That's why my "tinfoil" hat never comes off :)

The news is ridiculous... if you can even call it the news anymore. Sadly most hear one side or a piece, believe it instantly and go about their day or do extremist shit.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Deleted member 18655 and Brick In The Wall
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm way too invested in the news. I listen to it in my car. I watch it on TV at night when I get home from work. I read it when I have breaks at work. I'm so engulfed in the world of politics and current affairs.

And it's fucking scary. This world is HORRIBLE. How have we not self-destructed as a species yet? How are we okay with the way some people in the world are treated? Why do we give such power to authoritarians across the world, hell-bent on persecuting many for the benefit of the few? Oh, it's so maddening. More reasons to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, foxdie, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
That's why my "tinfoil" hat never comes off :)

The news is ridiculous... if you can even call it the news anymore. Sadly most hear one side or a piece, believe it instantly and go about their day or do extremist shit.

I have a nice hat!
Tinfoil Hat Lady

Two of the best Woke podcasters are Richard Syrett and Isaac Weishaupt.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Homecoming and Blue LIPS
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I like to avoid that stuff. It's like Luke Bryan says "
I believe if you just go by the nightly news
Your faith in all mankind would be the first thing you lose"

Reactions: Homecoming
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I do watch the news regularly and sometimes check them on the internet. I am just desensitized, I am already convinced humanity is and will be perverse for as long as it exists on this planet, so I doesn't affect me much. At max I may let out an occasional sigh at something that might make my life more of a bother.

Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
With political tensions between countries rising every day, I used to be terrified at the prospect of things escalating into a nuclear war. Half of me still is scared, but the other half of me wants to reassure myself that it would all be over quickly and that I'd finally be free from this mortal coil.

• Love
Reactions: Eurus
Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
I pay more attention to died celebrities. In the past year there've been several celebrities who I admire like Sulli Choi, Hara Goo and Godfrey Gao who passed away either due to CTB or due to accidental disease. Really shocking and stunning to me. Really sad. Also, some world well-known people's death like Kobe Bryant is also shocking to me.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Joey and Homecoming
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
I don't have a TV, I don't use social media and I really don't care about the news.
It's the same crap over and over anyway - war, natural disasters, murder, protests, accidents, politicians being corrupted dicks... groundhog day basically. I already know our world is shit, I don't need a daily reminder.

I'm trying to focus on my day to day life, enjoy the little things and generally just survive until it's time to go.

• Love
Reactions: Eurus and Joey
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I try to avoid reading the news as much as possible. Its mostly there for shock value and just a reminder that the world is burning for me. Would be nice to hear some good news once in a while.

Reactions: Leshen
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
The news just highlights what a chaotic world this is and it makes me lose faith in humanity.

Reactions: CalmStrikeofMercy, Numbtopain97 and Sinai Silence
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
i don't listen to the news . i don't care what's happening in the world

Reactions: Sinai Silence
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
The only social media I use is this and another anonymous one, so I barely get any news from social media. Watching/reading the news is something I rarely do as it's all negative and who knows how much of it is made up? I panic when I'm reminded how disgusting the human race is, so I stay away from it. I only learn the news from peers and the occasional post.

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Part of me is sad to see the state of the country.

Part of me enjoys watching it slowly burn to the ground.

We're definitely in dark times though that is for sure. The future looks grim, and the tons of people who think everything will be great once Trump is out of office are in for a disappointing awakening (did people just not pay attention when Obama was President? The Republicans stonewalled everything under McConnells leadership, they literally broke the record on the number of filibusters and bills they prevented from even getting a vote. You think magically Republicans will work with Biden? Lol this country will continue to become more divided and as usual little will get accomplished in Congress beyond enriching the corporations who fund their campaigns). There are negative long term trends in this country, structural problems that have been around long before Trump was POTUS and those problems will stay after he is gone.

Good thing I'm not making this comment on WaPost comments section cause I'd get various comments about how I'm a Trump supporting Russian troll or some insane crap that just makes me even more depressed.

Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Interesting question. I used to work with hard news, mainly TV, but all platforms (journalist). Being raised in a news junky family, I could never relate to people who didn't stay up- to- date. However, when I quit, because of depression, my psychiatrist told me to stop watching the news (online- break) for some time. So I did. And that helped me a lot. Today I only read or watch the news (check social media) when I know I'm capable to not get too involved.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
I don't watch or hear any news, to me it's all fake news including all this virus paranoia. So I'll just watch Netflix. I'm already depressed, want nothing to hear about the real world.

agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I have never listened to, read, or watched the news. I don't see myself as ignorant because I feel that, from my position in life, current events are arbitrary and irrelevant. As far as things that directly affect me go, I think that if they were to be of some significance then I would learn about them as I go about my life. Like how a computer will notify you it has to be updated instead of having to 'ask' it, if something important has happened that will affect me then when I come across the thing in question, I'll know. As far as things that don't affect me go, considering it's extremely difficult for me to even do the basic things to get by and take care of myself, reading about all these other things feels out of the question. It feels like, nowadays especially, there's such a large amount of information constantly releasing that trying to keep on top of it all is pointless. In my opinion, just trying to get more and more knowledge isn't wise; knowledge is an effective tool when it's relevant to you. I need to deal with my immediate problems before anything else, so I'm not looking to let the news take up space in my mind.

Reactions: Eurus
Moonbounce

Moonbounce

Prototype
Aug 12, 2020
I've been more or less a news junkie my entire life so I keep up with it often. These days though it certainly has negatively affected my worldview and contributed to my MH. I just feel like the entire world is changing. Everything I knew is changing. Too fast for me to comprehend. And not all in a good way.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I used to be a news junkie but I've kinda stopped lately. It's all such a horrifying farce. I can laugh at the sheer absurdity of it all but that is becoming more difficult. Humans kinda suck.

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Just keep track of the major headlines ... However I read about any cases of suicide in my country with Interest to learn abt their method etc.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I used to be big into politics and I took great interest in current affairs, but the last 5 years have been BRUTAL. Brexit has been bad enough but it just kept getting worse.

I dont read any news at all any more. As far as I'm concerned its all bullshit. Every journalist on the planet can be rounded up and shot for all I care.

Reactions: Misfit72
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Overall I just want people to see that power groups for whatever cause only further divide the country and give radicals/extremists a platform to justify any action. The goals shouldn't be to stand out, but to work together without anger toward criticism.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I watch the news almost every day. Evening news are my favourite. Eat dinner. Watch the news. I get depressed 9 out of 10 times unfortunately.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I subscribe to two online newspapers and watch it on the internet. It's terrifying every day. It's amazing how everything can go straight to hell due to horrible politicians, climate change, and a pandemic all happening at once.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I'm not very "plugged in". I just started reading about the sex trafficking this week, even though it was in the news like a month ago?

I'm just tired of trying to figure out what's true. Every news channel and article is skewed and pushing their own agenda. I don't have the mental energy to read it all and wonder "Why are they writing it from this angle? Who's being included in the story, and who's being left out? What's the truth?"

I guess I look very lazy and ignorant.

Reactions: CalmStrikeofMercy
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I used to read the news a lot but now I always assume some sort of agenda or bias behind every story. Now I try to only read news about movies or games since those agendas and biases are mostly harmless.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm affected such that I keep up with the Covid-19 news just so I can be up to date on the situation over time. While there is a lot of hope with the vaccine progress, nothing is set in stone and only time will tell.