• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Recently someone replied to one of my threads that the world/media shits on this forum just because one single website allows uncensored exchange about suicide. 98% of the rest of the internet is covered by anti-choice people but still they cannot accept this little island of freedom.

I also have the feeling that almost everyone outside this forum hates this place. As others pointed out the society judges us for being on here.
There lies a danger in the in-group bias because of this phenomenon. We get closer together to each other but there is a risk we don't allow criticism anymore. Due to the fact we feel endangered by the rest of the world.

I think some might fear to raise their voice about aspects they feel uncomfortable on this forum because they are scared that their words are taken out of context and serves as ammunition for the people who want to shut down this place. Which already happened.

It also feels for me like being a contrarian when I come to this forum. Due to the stark contrast between our world view and the rest of the world it makes my feeling of community even stronger. Because I get the feeling outside this forum most people don't understand me at all. Suicidality is a unique (but certainly bad) experience. It welds us together as human beings. I think the censorship on other platforms like facebook their politics with suicidality is highly counterproductive. There was a story a suicidal woman was bullied and shared her intimate thoughts on facebook and her bullies reported her successfully for that. Because on facebook this is a violation of the terms of service. She killed herself afterwards. I think the successful reporting contributed to it.

In general Instagram makes me extremely depressed. If I spend 5 minutes there it already is highly toxic for my mental health. In contrast this forum is warmheartening and comforting. Very likely the effect is highly individual and if someone has the feeling this forum worsens their suicidality they should leave this place quickly and never come back.

This forum is kind of unique. And I think the "We against the world factors" plays a role in that. But it is not decisive. Maybe it would be even good if this was not the sole forum where we could be fully honest.

I am incoherent. I struggled a lot today and became very paranoid. The exams come closer and I just cannot cope with this hell anymore. I cannot stomach the stress anymore. I reached my limit.

Last edited:
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Good point, and yeah, the "US vs Them" thing is a big part of it.
I'm too lazy to actually go through the number of posts but I log in this site on an almost-daily (if not daily) basis and there's always a post about what the outside is doing to..well, us?

There are times though..that it feels like the outside world and its prejudices and biases are still present here, albeit in other topics.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think overall, there is a hostility towards- well- people we see as our captors in reality! It's not so much that they hold different ideas to us. It's that- many of us would be just fine with them keeping their ideas- so long as they had the courtesy to accept ours.

Not everyone here thinks all people should be able to kill themselves- no questions asked. I'd say the majority would be in full support of a system that allowed adults that could demonstrate they had mental capacity to be given the choice.

Why is that even so unreasonable? Someone able to demonstrate that they can reason and make decisions for themselves to be able to make the most important decision there is?!! Otherwise- we truly are just slaves. Why should a slave be happy to be at the mercy of its captors?

I actually think the beauty of this place is that there are in fact disagreements here. Within the huge umbrella of pro-choice- we do get a wide range of opinions. There are members that are promortalist and there are those that lean more towards a more pro-life sentiment. There are flare ups of course. There usually is some kind of bickering going on as to which way the forum should lean but- I think the majority of people try to keep it civil. That's what I think is incredible about this place in fact. Most people are sensitive enough to try and see things from another's point of view. We'll even try and see it from a pro-life point of view! Of course we get frustrated when that courtesy isn't reciprocated.

It does definitely feel so comforting though to come to a place where you can just be honest about how you feel and for the most part- be accepted for that. I don't know of anywhere else that's like that. I've seen utterly vile comments on regular social media. I haven't come across many at all here. I guess it could be that many of us have felt like the outcast- so- we're keen to try and not to that to others.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
A

ArjunRamDas

Dec 21, 2023
I was really grateful to realize this site existed. I was so sick of how when I google anything that relates to suicide, all that comes up is the helplines and fake "we care, life's good, don't do it" crap.

I didn't know what to expect from this site other than it being an open place regarding the main topic. I had an idea it might be dark and depressing, but it's really not. Best of all, I finally feel I can voice my experience and feelings in a safe place where people aren't going to say something is wrong with me and that I shouldn't want to consider this as a highly viable option.