death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Some ppl say they don't care what others think of them but the truth is they care. We all care it's just the magnitude that varies. Personally I care a lot what others think of me mainly because I've a very low self esteem.

What about you guys? Do you care a lot or less? And what's your main reason/s for it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, LastFlowers and 9 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I care a lot about what people think of me because if it's anything positive, they're probably wrong.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Fehler, Largeletters and 5 others
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Zero fucks given, IDK, I've been like that since pre-school and over time I found out that people get seriously triggered when they know that you're unmoved by their emotions and opinions, no gaslighting or manipulation works on you. I was amused especially by my teachers who tried every tactic to either scare me, motivate me, befriend me and none of it worked.

The look of resignation mixed with frustration on their faces was priceless, lmao. Why can't you just do what I tell you to do, WTF!?

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Wraith, motel rooms and 2 others
goat

goat

Just a goat trying to get in the next bus
May 18, 2021
I have a hard time thinking that people can PERCEIVE me.
When someone says "we were talking about you" or "oh yes, I've seen you before" it feels so weird. (It only happens at my work space cause it's the only human interactions I have)
I don't know if this is a kind of depersonalization or derealization but to me I don't even exist to other people. So I don't really get to think people think stuff about me, I just go around like a ghost.
I can't care cause I can't wrap my head around the idea of people acknowledging me. It has always been like this.
In my head it feels like I'm in a parallel dimension (even tho I don't believe parallel dimensions, that's the best I can describe it) and people are completely oblivious of my presence at all times.
Guess it's a win/win situation in the end of the day, I don't have to worry about what people think cause I don't even exist lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, whitefeather, Largeletters and 5 others
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
Some ppl say they don't care what others think of them but the truth is they care. We all care it's just the magnitude that varies. Personally I care a lot what others think of me mainly because I've a very low self esteem.

What about you guys? Do you care a lot or less? And what's your main reason/s for it?
The problem of my life man.
I care what the homeless man thinks about me.
Heck I even care when a dog looks at me.
I wonder if he can sense my low self confidence and self esteem.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Largeletters and 6 others
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Social anxiety makes me obsess about the opinion others have about me. It causes me a lot of distress when I am under the impression that they think badly of me. I know that it is largely irrational, but I just can't help it.

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Largeletters and 4 others
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
I don't care at all since I decided to ctb, I think. I used to care when I was in school/college, but now I don't. No matter what other people think about me, it does not affect my life at all, I live for myself, so why I should care?

Reactions: Largeletters, Wraith and motel rooms
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I only care for people I like/love. I want to make them comfortable and give good vibes when they are around me.

Reactions: Fehler, Largeletters, Wraith and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I personally care what others think of me, when I was in high school I tried so hard to avoid interaction with people so it wouldn't draw attention to myself because I was ugly and didn't want to hear anyone pointing out my incurable acne. I remember a boy coming up to me in the morning asking why I was always so quiet I just shook my head "idk". I think he was curious why I always was so sad and didn't socialize. I didn't know how to tell anyone acne was really bothering me and harboring my growth. Such a miserable time

I care what others think of me because I don't like confrontation either because I'm scared what people will say about me because I care and then I go into people pleasing mode and try to make up for the things they point out about me.

I care what others think of me because it's why I'm always so nervous around people it's why I avoid and don't interact because I'm scared they will point out a physical characteristics on me. Im just an unsociable embarrassing nervous wreck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, Tegan_sky, Wraith and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I used to care more back when I was promiscuous, for obvious superficial reasons. A lot of gay guys love crushing each other's self-esteem :sunglasses: , but I was dead inside already, so they couldn't get to me. And they liked my dick even if they didn't like the rest of me, to put it vulgarly.
I can still get people to like me, but I'm not comfortable with close friendships, let alone true intimacy.

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Largeletters and 2 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
How much do I care? from zero to 20%. I'm already a loser so nothing matters ..you can't kill someone twice

• Hugs
Reactions: OceanBlue, Largeletters, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 3 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I used to care, a lot.

But the more I sink into my depression, and as my body succumbs to my illnesses, the more I realize that caring about what other people think about me is literally worthless. the only opinion that matters to me is my own, and that opinion is that I deeply hate myself and my situation, no other way about it.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Wraith and 4 others
Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
I care too much what people think of me. I have been an approval seeking, insecure, people pleaser most of my life. Fear of abandonment is big with me and always has been. A therapist pointed that out to me around 1988. (I'm 61 now). There are phrases I have heard in group settings, such as "what other people think of me is none of my business." Here's what I have to say about that, if NO ONE thinks well of you, you end up with no friends. Another line I have heard repeatedly over the years: "I was afraid if people got to know me they wouldn't like me." I sure feel that this is true, as a much older person. I mentioned this on another thread, I have found it impossible to make new friends as I have gotten older, also being more depressed than ever in my life.

How I have been dealing with all this for the last few years has been to withdraw and isolate, except for monthly psychiatrist visits where I can say how I really, really feel. I know the isolation and withdrawing isn't good for me and I need to work on it. Now that things are "reopening" post-Covid, and we all don't have to be alone at home for fear of Covid, I hope that at the least I will get out and at least go walk around in the sunshine, where I can see people out and about.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, nopointofliving, Wraith and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I was amused especially by my teachers who tried every tactic to either scare me, motivate me, befriend me and none of it worked.
The look of resignation mixed with frustration on their faces was priceless, lmao. Why can't you just do what I tell you to do, WTF!?
You have a sadistic streak, don't you? :ahhha:

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Celerity, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
In comparison to some years ago, I tend not to give a damn about what others think of me.
However, from time to time, it's quite annoying that someone who hasn't seen me for a long time finds me on the street and tells me something like "Woah, you're way fatter bruh"

Yesterday, I became a YouTuber (again but this time I'm teaching Japanese) and I bet some haters will pop up sooner or later and I'll be quite mad but fortunately, I have some people who are really suporting me!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Largeletters, death137 and goat
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I used to care too much, way too much. It dictated my life.

Since I now know I will be dying, and soon, I care very little - and it is funny, I feel more free now than I ever did.

@WornOutLife, congrats on becomming a YouTuber again and especially doing something you love - teaching!! Don't let the haters out there get to you or stop you from doing something you love. Haters, in general, just want to pull people down or they do it for fun not caring about the impact it can have on people. Cruel people are not worth your or anyone's time. Better to focus on the people that appreciate what you are doing for them IMO. It is great that you are helping people this way!!! <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WornOutLife, Largeletters, Celerity and 1 other person
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Behold the field in which l grow my Fucks, Thou shalt see that it is barren!

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Weary Soul, Tegan_sky and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I used to care more, but now I feel like only my own opinion matters really. I don't care about much these days honestly, it isn't worth it in my opinion as we are all just going to die anyway and everything is pointless.

Reactions: Largeletters, death137 and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I simultaneously care too much and not enough. I think that's the state of life when you're more easily hurt than helped.

Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, motel rooms and 4 others
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
I used to care a lot more, now I don't really spend much time thinking about it. The truth is, someone out there in the big wide world will have some sort of issue with you. Once I accepted I don't have to do shit for others, I'm not obligated to them, that's when I felt more at peace with myself.

Reactions: Tegan_sky and FuneralCry
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
It affected me quite a bit when I was younger even though I would lie to myself saying it wasn't like that. Little by little I have been noticing that I care less because I began to feel somewhat better physically. The best thing would be if you only care about the people closest to you.

Reactions: Lmd and death137
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
My care costs about $ 350 per hour excluding VAT

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Tegan_sky, death137 and 1 other person