• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm curious as to how many months or years people here would decide to wait for euthanasia until they decide to ctb themselves. What's the maximum tolerance limit that you have until you decide to kill yourself on your own? Are you willing to wait a maximum of 1 year? 2 years? 5 years? I'm curious.

In my case, I am not entirely sure but I think I could perhaps wait 2 to 3 years at most? Personally, I'd rather wait longer for euthanasia as euthanasia as guaranteed and peaceful whereas doing it myself can only cause risks and harm rather than death

Reactions: sserafim, Alexei_Kirillov, derpyderpins and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Even if I had to wait a few years for it I'd be relieved as what terrifies me is the thought of this existence potentially continuing for decades, I find it horrific how a human can exist for so long in this reality where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

I just see nothing desirable about being trapped in this existence until I die slowly and painfully tormented by old age, knowing that I can escape that in a guaranteed, peaceful way with no risks would solve everything for me. It's just so incredibly hellish how that isn't the reality, having the option to die in such a peaceful way would prevent so much unnecessary suffering.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and ijustwishtodie
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Going back to my peak suicidality . . . I don't think it would have made a difference unless the availability of euthanasia came with societal acceptance of suicide. If it was rammed down the "normies'" throats, it wouldn't move the needle on whether I could go through with it. In fact, jumping off the top of the building would probably be easier for me than scheduling and showing up for the appointment.

E*: unless I could just get a pill at a pharmacy and do it myself at home. I probably wouldn't be here now if that was an option.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It really depends on my circumstances, whether I'm terminally ill, non-terminally ill but severely incapacitated, debilitated (physically and/or mentally), or my life circumstances. Even if assuming everything is fine (physically healthy, life generally stable and alright) and normal, I'd be willing to wait several years or even longer if it meant a 100% guarantee for euthanasia, no questions asked. Now if I'm terminally ill, and I know I either have less than a year (or even 6 months or less) to live, then of course, I'd absolutely want to go on my own terms; not let the illness take me outside of my own terms. That would be grossly unacceptable for me. Furthermore, if I wasn't terminally ill, but severely debilitated and very poor quality of life (similar to this person in this video), then I would be willing to wait maybe 1-2 years at most if I know, beyond a reasonable doubt, 100% guarantee, no questions asked, no ifs, ands, or buts, that I'm going to go through and have a peaceful exit.

One thing I will never tolerate is the indefinite time period and shifting/moving goalposts against my will due to some arbitrary criteria set by others who don't live my life and try to impose on me. It wouldn't matter if it was 10 years, 20 years, or some inordinate amount of time because ultimately, I still aim to go out on my own terms, sometimes even before things start to seriously deteriorate or fall apart.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and ijustwishtodie
D

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
I don't think I can wait years for a potential euthanasia but it depends on my mental state and situation, I could cope and wait for a few years for euthanasia if things aren't dire, however if they are dire and I'm in desperation then I'm more likely to rope. I'm still thinking about hanging now and my life isn't the worst.

Euthanasia isn't coming anytime soon.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
To be honest this is too much of an open question and will undoubtedly have so many different answers.

Too many factors at play as everyone's circumstances, situations and reasons for wanting to CTB are all different, which means some would be willing to wait less or longer than others.

Someone with intolerable and incurable pain would be less likely to wait longer than someone with a progressive illness in their early stages of the illness for example.

For that reason I think the question is almost pointless (in my opinion of course).

Reactions: Orange Cat
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
0 amount of time. Beauty of suicide is it is in one's power at any point (minus rare physical excepts like people fully paralyzed) so I see no point in tolerating life longer for a less reliable method.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and pthnrdnojvsc
T

ThisIsMe1357

May 20, 2024
If I really wanted to die, I would be willing to wait for as long as necessary for euthanasia...unless I got access to a peaceful method to end my life in the meantime, in which case I would use it immediately. However, the sad part about peaceful methods is that they are not so easily available.

But I do not think I could die without a peaceful and a reliable method, ever, there are just too many possible risks. I would probably try to allocate some money every month to a special fund I would then use to either contact certain organizations in Switzerland or to obtain certain hard to come buy substances to help myself.