Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Engström and アホペンギン
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
my best friend while i was in high school. she was in foster care and had attempts before. i hope shes at peace now

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: tiger b, Spiritual survivor, Engström and 2 others
Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
Nobody close to me has. I did know someone who suffered a fatal overdose although I'm unsure if it was intentional or not. We weren't that close.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Engström
J

JFED

Jul 8, 2020
6 of my coworkers have

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Praestat_Mori, Engström and 1 other person
chocosyrup

chocosyrup

disillusioned
Nov 3, 2023
Many people I considered friends, many very close, ended up succeeding.
I found out recently that my ex girlfriend, who had cheated on me, ended up doing CTB.
I hope they're all resting easy.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Praestat_Mori, Engström and 2 others
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
None of mine but I don't really have friends lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, kuchenn1238, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
None. I'm the only one in my circles that has had ideations or been hospitalized for this. I'm very skilled at putting on a "happy face" and hiding things (because I don't want to be forcefully hospitalized). If I did have friends that did or attempted then they were pretty darn good at hiding things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endoflifecomestoall, trustab1e and Praestat_Mori
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Praestat_Mori, Engström and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
4 online and maybe someone who I know irl may ctb soon if I don't stay alive to help them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor and Praestat_Mori
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Two family members from extended family (aunty and cousin), a classmate at school, someone else I knew, saw a gentleman jump in front of the train when I was at school and a couple of people I knew through work. I was not close to any of them though.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, Praestat_Mori and Engström
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
2 - both jumped (different locations)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Grave

Grave

tired
Mar 5, 2021
1 online (it's actually the 2 year anniversary today) and 1 irl (she was only 16)

IDontLikeMyself

IDontLikeMyself

Nov 8, 2022
3. Two jumped in front of a train on tracks that I regularly pass by and i get a heavy chest each time. The other one I never known what actually happened to her.

MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes"
Mar 3, 2023
1 online (it's actually the 2 year anniversary today) and 1 irl (she was only 16)
Why'd they do it? Did you move on from both their suicides?

Grave

Grave

tired
Mar 5, 2021
Why'd they do it? Did you move on from both their suicides?
I don't know why the first one did it, he had depression for sure so I guess that was why, also I don't know if it was fully intentional or if it was just self harm gone too far in the moment, obviously he's not here to tell us.

The second one, even though she was young she'd had some really terrible life experiences and had spent the last few years of her life mainly in psych wards (where I met her) so her quality of life was pretty low. She actually ctb in a psych ward (so much for keeping her "safe").

In terms of moving on, it's definitely got better with time, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't still cry over them sometimes, especially the second one because that is more recent and I was closer with her. I think with the first one, it was very unexpected - we were in an online self harm forum and no one really expected anyone to die. And then with the second one it was also very surprising, I'd seen her only a few months prior, and she'd just been moved to a higher security ward due to her risk so no one really thought it was possible to ctb there I guess she managed still.

In short, I haven't got over either of their suicides no.

piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
my wife killed herself 4 weeks ago today, in fact I came home in 28 mins time and found her dead in our bedroom, she had a bag tapped round her head.

My aunt killed herself when I was young too she did a partial suspension hanging

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, tourniquetbunny and Cajuncatastrophe
MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes"
Mar 3, 2023

my wife killed herself 4 weeks ago today, in fact I came home in 28 mins time and found her dead in our bedroom, she had a bag tapped round her head.

My aunt killed herself when I was young too she did a partial suspension hanging
I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with that. Did your wife leave behind a suicide note or were there any signs?

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
How many IRL or online CTB??
A guy who I used to know ctb'ed in high school. He was only 17. We were friends when we were in middle school, but drifted apart.

• Aww..
Reactions: Spiritual survivor
tsukinaga

tsukinaga

Apr 16, 2023
2 … one was in high school and then one just last month. i hope they are at peace

Cajuncatastrophe

Cajuncatastrophe

Mar 28, 2023
5 people irl. Uncle, 3 friends, and cousin.

chasm

chasm

It hurts :(
Oct 21, 2023
3 people irl: My father and two friends.